Call for Submissions

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Hey guys--

I'm the head editor of Aurora Regency and Aurora Regency Historicals, an imprint of Aspen Mountain Press (a royalty paying e-publisher) and I'm looking for manuscripts. I specifically need:

1--Traditional Regency romances, novella to novel length--sweet, HEA ending, Beau Monde-approved, historically and socially accurate (ie--no divorcees gallivanting through Almack's).

2--Historical fiction--well researched, novella to novel length, accuracy is a must. PReferred eras--Georgian, Revolutionary War, French Revolution, Victorian, Regency (non-traditional; sex okay), Tudor/Elizabethan, Greco-Roman and American/Western. Romance okay but not necessary, same for HEA ending.

Contact me at [email protected] or check out our submissions page at http://www.aspenmountainpress.com/submissions/info_6.html for more information.

There are other AMP and Aurora authors here on AW if you want to check out our bona fides.

Please feel free to swamp my inbox. Thanks!

Celina

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
Thank you...

for posting this.

May I clarify? Is the Historical fiction you seek a darned good story and not a romance?

pdr

Banned
Reaction score
What...

are you looking for, Tom?

Just to be published? Or do you have a market in mind? This is e-publishing and Aspen Mountain Press has a decent reputation. But if you want a physical paperback or hardback book to sell to your friends this is not for you.

Have you done the rounds of agents and the 'standard' big conglomerate publishers?

Have you, as you are in the UK, had your manuscript assessed by one of the excellent and reputable Manuscript assessor groups?

If you've done all the 'right' things and you know you have a good novel but can't get any takers from the big boys then why not look at the Small Presses and Independent Presses?

Publishing is changing and now there are good e-book readers about people are looking to buy e-books. Some Small Presses offer readers a P(rint) O(n) D(emand), e-book and audio version of your novel. There are numerous Small Presses in the UK with good reps as there are in the US.

Don't jump blindly. Have a think and discuss things with a well established writer and with your National Writers' Assoc.