I think I'm accidentally writing another book...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Doing vast amounts of research for the book in my sig line...in all sorts of crazy subjects...I've discovered that I've accidentally researched a completely different book in the process. That is to say, that while doing research for the one book, I've learned enough stuff to write a completely different book using the research information portions that weren't applicable to the first book.

The second book is way easier to write too...

I'll probably bang it out before I finish the original book.

That ever happen to anyone else?

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
By the time I'm done with my current WIP research, I imagine I'll be able to write any number of 17th century New England novels with an emphasis on Puritan theology, possets and bumpy night-things. ;)

But I'll do the WIP first.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Have I given "line cuts" to a new project? Once, yes. And I ended up finishing both projects (which I'm sure you'll do as well).

Bang it out? Nope. Both took about the same amount of time to complete (subtracting the furlough time from the one that was leap-frogged).

shaldna

The cake is a lie. But still cake.
Registered
Reaction score
It's happening to me right now. I have a book I'm in the middle of, and suddenly it's sort of morphed into another idea and then a whole other book is right there wanting me to write it.

I'm torn. I want to finish the original one first, but compared to the new book is just doesn't seem as shiny now.

Chekurtab

Smart donkey. Please don't call me-
Registered
Reaction score
It's a good problem to have. I have tons of unused research in the dark corners of my brain. You never know when it might come handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.