meme

Beyondian

musker vyusher
Registered
Reaction score
The Oscars were named Felix Tholomyes, from Toulouse, Listolier from Cahors, Fameuil from Limorges, and Blanchevelle from Montauban. Each, of course, had his mistress. Blanchevelle love Favourite, so-called because she had been in England: Listolier adored Dahlie, who had chosed an flower for her nom de guerre; Fameuil idolised Zephine, short for Josephine; and Tholomyes had Fantine, called 'la Blonde' because of her golden hair.

Les Miserables (Norman Denny version)

Actually, this wasn't the closest book to me. That was the Bible. But since the Bible has two page 123s, two columns of text, I couldn't decide which were the top five sentences, got horribly confused, and homed in on this book on the bookshelf.

Reilly616

Registered
Reaction score
Darwin singled out the eye as posing a particularly challenging problem: 'To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd to the highest degree.' Creationists gleefully quote this sentence again and again. Needless to say, they never quote what follows.

Chauchat Butterfly

~*~root beer floatz~*~
Registered
Reaction score
And he went down, and talked with the woman; and she pleased Samson well.

And after a time he returned to take her, and he turned aside to see the carcase of the lion: and, behold, there was a swarm of bees and honey in the carcase of the lion.

And he took thereof in his hands, and went on eating, and came to his father and mother, and he gave them, and they did eat: but he had told not them that he had taken the honey out of the carcase of the lion.
The Holy Bible, Judges 14:7,8,9