• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Trident Media Group

paperbees

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ghostfolk.blogspot.com
Sign it :)

Does anyone know anything about Trident Media Group? They asked for my full manuscript but won't read it until I sign a release form. Does anyone know anything about this kind of stuff?

Trident Media Agency is one of the most thriving, driving literary agencies out there. The disclaimer they asked to be signed is because of their association with works in diverse media. You're in good hands.

I know this probably sounds like I work for Trident or something. I don't. They rep my books is all. And I couldn't be happier.

okiemom

Registered
Reaction score
Hi jsouders--I queried Stephanie on 9/17, and I haven't heard back yet (I didn't get an auto reply either). Lamp Here said Stephanie was on maternity leave (thanks for the info, Lamp Here :) ), so I wonder if queries sent to her while she was on leave were not received? I suppose I'll wait a few more weeks in case she's catching up.

Erin and ChrryBlssmGrrl, did you get a response?

Phantom Writer, thanks for your query info--I'm sorry about the R, but I must admit I like getting a rejection instead of no response at all. And good luck with the other agents!

And congrats to you, okiemom! :)

Thank you!

P.S.
I think Stephanie is suppose to be back in the office this week.

jsouders

Registered
Reaction score
Hi jsouders--I queried Stephanie on 9/17, and I haven't heard back yet (I didn't get an auto reply either). Lamp Here said Stephanie was on maternity leave (thanks for the info, Lamp Here :) ), so I wonder if queries sent to her while she was on leave were not received? I suppose I'll wait a few more weeks in case she's catching up.

Thanks missed that post from Lamp Here, so I'm glad you brought it up again. I'll do the same. I'll wait a few more weeks and resend. :)

budgie_brain

Registered
Reaction score
No response yet from my 8/3 query.
Thanks for your input, Erin. :)

And you're welcome, jsouders! :)

I guess I'm feeling kind of uncertain about requerying now because Stephanie Maclean's bio on the Trident website says she only replies if she's interested in queries. But with her on maternity leave, I'm not sure if she got my query. Hmm...

paperbees

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ghostfolk.blogspot.com
<b>But with her on maternity leave, I'm not sure if she got my query. Hmm... </B>

She wasn't on maternity leave. She was on vacation in China. I asked.

I'm posting this just in case anyone thought about a mention of said paternity in their query or follow-up. Nope.

About the same conclusion can be drawn, though. She was out of the office for some time. And she is back now, or I wouldn't mention it (Some folks still like to rob people's houses and apartments when they know the people are away.)

SKHMOM

Registered
Reaction score
Melissa Flashman???

Has anyone heard from Melissa Flashman lately? I've had great response from her and about a month and a half ago she sent me an email saying she was having my MS read by an outside reader and she was hoping to take a further look in a week or so. About 2 weeks ago I sent a follow up email and inquired to the status and she hasn't gotten back to me. I'm trying not to read into that too much (but I am!!!) and just wait it out. It seems a little strange though since the longest she's ever taken to get to get back to me is 4 days, the average is about an hour or two. We've had a TON (10+ emails) of coorespondance so I'm not sure how to proceed. How long should I wait to follow up?

okiemom

Registered
Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago I sent a follow up email and inquired to the status and she hasn't gotten back to me. I'm trying not to read into that too much (but I am!!!) and just wait it out. It seems a little strange though since the longest she's ever taken to get to get back to me is 4 days, the average is about an hour or two. We've had a TON (10+ emails) of coorespondance so I'm not sure how to proceed. How long should I wait to follow up?

I don't have a lot of experience but I would probably wait two more weeks and then follow up again. I'm finding out that things move REALLY slow in the publishing world. For an agent, two weeks is just the blink of an eye. For us writers it's like an eternity.

When Stephanie M. told me we would get together in about two weeks and three weeks went by...well...I had to email her. She is a sweetheart and emailed me back in a day or so, but she was working on my ms and sending it out to some more editors. So she really didn't have much to report. I probably should have been a little more patient, but it's so darn hard!!!!

Anyway, just my thoughts on the subject. Hope it helps and congratulations on the request from Melissa! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

brewbrewlb

Registered
Reaction score
Help!

I was asked to send a full manuscript to Trident Media. I had been working with an editor, just to have another set of eyes to look it over. I emailed them to see if they wanted to wait a couple weeks for the edits to be complete, or to send it as is. They asked to send it as is, so that is what I've done. That was Friday, and I've been reading it all weekend, and finding more and more silly little mistakes (mis-spellings,etc.) Should I panic about this? Re-send it tonight and ask them to ignore that one and read this one? The storyline is still the same, but I HATE that I didn't have the opportunity to send it as perfect as I could. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am so excited about this, and I want the best chance that I can get....

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
If the story is good, they'll look past occasional typos and minor errors. Best of luck with your full. :)

AuntB

Registered
Reaction score
Here's some stats for you guys....

E-queried Alyssa Eisner Henkin on 8/31/09, received request for full on 9/14. I wasn't able to send it until 9/28 because of an exclusive period with another agent. Received ejection on 10/30.

Dev

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone getting responses from John Silbersack? I've been patient because I know they take a long time to respond, but they're not responding to my nudges either.

Query-Apr 29
Received request for full-May 4
Sent full (with signed release)-May 4

...crickets since then. I've begun to send out queries for my next novel already.

--Dev

Dev

Registered
Reaction score
Coincidence? Probably not.

I just posted my query history with Mr Silbersack a couple of hours ago, and I found the rejection notice in my inbox just now. Imagine that!

Word of warning for people who might get frustrated and feel like venting in these forums...editors and agents read these posts, too.

Good luck to those still waiting!

--Dev

RebeccaSauve

Registered
Reaction score
I also recieved a quick e-mail from Trident's Robert Gottlieb's assistant, (2 minutes after I sent it out) asking to sign the release form nd send full manuscpit. I was conserned with paragraph 4,5 and 8 but after reading this am totally ready to send it in.
Thanks guys and good luck to all

NDZone

Registered
Reaction score
I once signed one for Alyssa and she suggested I do just that. My scanner had suffered death by 4 year old so I faxed it per her suggestion.

rtrgirl

Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody know if i can scan and then e-mail the release form?

I sent a manuscript to Stephanie MacLean recently. She asked me to scan, sign and email the release form. My scanner, of course, suffered the death of a 3-year-old so I took the form down to Staples and they scanned and it for me and emailed it to my home address. Cost $0.50.

Good luck with your submission!

Last edited:

sciri

Maxine Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Has anybody queried either Ms. Wahlen or Mr. Glass recently?
Are they no-response=no-interest people?
Thanks.

Update: I sent a nudge asking if I should assume an R.
Qui tacet, consentire videtur.....

Last edited:

newbie2writing

Registered
Reaction score
Response time

I sent a manuscript to Stephanie MacLean recently. She asked me to scan, sign and email the release form. My scanner, of course, suffered the death of a 3-year-old so I took the form down to Staples and they scanned and it for me and emailed it to my home address. Cost $0.50.

Good luck with your submission!

I read that Staphanie Maclean doesn't respond unless she's interested. Does anyone know what her positive responses run?

flyinghorses12

Registered
Reaction score
Hey guys! I've been reading the threads on this site, but this is my first actual post :)

I submitted a full ms to Stephanie Maclean on 1/20/10 , and was wondering if anyone had an idea of how long it takes her to get back with you on those...it's been 6 weeks now and I know they're all busy, but I'm antsy! (of course) I've read it's generally appropriate to send a polite follow-up after 2 months, anyone had a response from her on a full, and if so, how long did it take?

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know how fast Stephanie Maclean gets back to people? I sent her my query a month ago and I know she doesn't respond unless interested. I just wanted to know how much longer I should wait for a response before writing her off and querying someone else at the agency.