• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Silk's Vault Publishing

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Has anyone seen the reports of alleged nonpayment of royalties involving e-publisher Silk's Vault? In the past, I know there has been a lot of controversy involving Silk's Vault, including allegations and counter-allegations on Piers Anthony's Internet Publishing page. Much more recently, Emily Veinglory posted about this and other publisher issues on the Erotic Romance blog (including problems with Mardi Gras). The allegations about Silk's Vault have hit the Dear Author blog, so I expect the controversy will grow.

Whatever comes out, this whole mess is a reminder to authors to research any publisher thoroughly, make friends with lots of authors so that you can hear all the rumors :D, and be very very careful when publishing with one of the smaller e-publishers. (Or some of the larger ones.)

BarbaraSheridan

*insert catchy phrase here*
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbarasheridan.com
And this is why I think it's so important for any new companies to put up a detailed "About Us" page letting authors know who is behind the company and what business/publishing experience they have.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Quite. I looks like Mardi Gras will be the next to go under--potentially by the 'simply vanishing' method rather than any formal process. Another reason to sign contracts with named persons is that you can track them down much easier should they going into hiding.

ceelee

Registered
Reaction score
I was browsing through RT Book Reviews and saw that Silks Vault is listed as attending the RT convention. (Also saw it listed on the RT con website. )

SV website's still looks the same. Anyone know what's up? Thought that e-pub was a dead duck.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The last activity on their various social pages (e.g. http://silksvault.ning.com/) is January. Could very well be they applied for the convention before they went down.

ceelee

Registered
Reaction score
I thought their website had been down for a long time. From what I read about that debacle, I'd be nervous about showing myself at a romance con if I ran Silks Vault! Anyway, just curious. Thx.