Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Junely :)

Anything interesting planned for today?

Sex, drugs, rock and roll!!!!

Okay, maybe not. :D The plan today is for writing. Thanks to the dreaded Drama Llama, I didn't get jack done on writing yesterday. I plan to ameliorate that today, get into my story, explore the spookiness of the setting and the sexual tension of my characters, and just generally enjoy the hell out of the process.

That's a plan? Right? It's terrific!

Oh, yeah, and obsess over the audio drama and are our listening numbers good. It's my first time, and I'm excited about it!

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Morning folks. I'm hungry as hell. Waking up hungry is good, means I'm not too sad to be hungry.

Have tabs open to multiquote for later.

Sian! I forgot to reply to your stuff about the 72 hour shifts. There probably are/were some OH&S laws against it, but because there's a severe shortage and the hours are even worse in many places I'm pretty sure they're overridden. I mean, the other option is to start cutting ambulance services, which could result in deaths, so it's easy to justify it in the eyes of the public, and essential services like emergency can't strike. But from what I understand, you are unofficially allowed naps in there somewhere. I'm sure I'll have more definitive knowledge when those become my hours.

Last edited:

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Ever felt you try to say something to help someone but suspect you actually did it worse but you can't tell outright, leaving you in the doubt?

Every time I open my mouth. XD

What LdV said.

... dissolveable was what I was getting at. Not so sure what dissociable stitches are...

Ah, man, and here I was excited that here was a new medical thing I could file away for later use in the writer brain vault.

Maybe I'll make up something called that anyway.

Anything interesting planned for today?

Today is always a very difficult day for me. So mostly trying to distract myself and not sit around on the verge of tears all day. I'm at work, so distracting myself shouldn't be too hard for a while, anyway.

I'm a bit better when it rains on 9/11. Blue skies today are too much like it was.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
What LdV said.

Ah, man, and here I was excited that here was a new medical thing I could file away for later use in the writer brain vault.

Maybe I'll make up something called that anyway.

Today is always a very difficult day for me. So mostly trying to distract myself and not sit around on the verge of tears all day. I'm at work, so distracting myself shouldn't be too hard for a while, anyway.

I'm a bit better when it rains on 9/11. Blue skies today are too much like it was.

Oh, I'm sorry :( I knew it was yesterday, but it'd slipped my mind.

:Hug2: to all the American cantinaites, and anyone else effected.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score

Okay Bos, prepare to ridicule me as per usual. I've heard the song before but never knew it came from Ren & Stimpy. Of course, never really watched much of the show so :Shrug:

Gosh, this got quite quiet quite quick.

Say that five times fast. ;)

Sex, drugs, rock and roll!!!!

Okay, maybe not. :D The plan today is for writing.

Sounds good to me. Both the sex, drugs & rock and roll and the writing. :D

Oh, yeah, and obsess over the audio drama and are our listening numbers good. It's my first time, and I'm excited about it!

*makes note to listen today*

Anyone know how to jolt my brain out of "write Science Fiction, you know you want to" mode?

Write it. :D

Last edited:

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning Friends!

I feel like I handed out a lot of reps this morning. Phew.

ION, Little K is growing to like Sponge Bob. But he calls him "Cheese!" which I find hilarious.

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
One of my friends had a kid who came in to get her from the kitchen while watching a movie once.

Little boy "mum, do they beat the evil cheese?"

Turns out that in one of the Disney movies he was watching, a helpful mouse was called cheese. Therefore, all mice were cheese, and rats, with their evil red glowing eyes were evil cheese.

I found that utterly sweet and strangely hilarious.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Morning! Brought the laptop with me to work during lunch again.

We'll see what I can get done. Mostly this is taking time because I have to add words... the actual cleanup edits are minor, and mostly house-style stuff.

I'm not a fast writer....

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
:Wha:

So totally not going there.

Have you suggested penicillin and getting out of the house more?

Dammit! I went there.

Funny thing is that we had a tute on kid speak. :D By far the most enjoyable tute I've been in. Those who had kids were exempt, cause they had plenty of practise already, but the last thing they want the rest of us doing at the end of a three year degree is getting out there with all our knowledge and our drugs and advanced life support therapies...

to be bamboozled by a kid.

Would be slightly embarrassing, I dare say :p

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
And now I am waiting for someone to come by and fix my oven. This should be fun.

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Ever felt you try to say something to help someone but suspect you actually did it worse but you can't tell outright, leaving you in the doubt?

If you mean me, no, you didn't make it worse. :Hug2: I went to bed because it was 2A.M.

If you don't mean me, I probably look very stupid and/or egotistical right now :D

The biggest protocol we have? Pretend nothing is wrong. Then take the kid into hospital, and in handover let the nurse know. They'll have to report it, you and your partner go to report it, and the kid gets treatment for whatever you were called out for, and there are three red flags instead of just one

That's a pretty good one, actually :)

I should probably find out what's done here. It wouldn't influence my decision to go to school, but if it's awful and/or inadequate I'd rather find out now than in class two years after the issue first comes up.

*snipsnip* I'm a little over this.

:Hug2:

... dissolveable was what I was getting at. Not so sure what dissociable stitches are...

:gone:

Stitches that you can mistake for being in someone else's wound? :D

Or stitches that the patient will have no emotional reaction to. Or stitches seen during an OBE. Or stitches that can be dissassembled while still in use...

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Typing today is brutal. Last night's Krav Maga class was full of bruise-heavy techniques. (This, in case you're curious.) My partner for the night didn't want to slow down and learn the technique, so when I attacked she hit the middle of my forearms (instead of wrist to wrist). Both my forearms are puffy with bruises with bonus bruises at my wrists from me defending against her.

Needless to say, it's a long-sleeve day at the office.

I may be whining.

You guys don't mind too much, do you?

Anyone know how to jolt my brain out of "write Science Fiction, you know you want to" mode?

Two options:

1. Write it.
2. :flamethrower

ION, Little K is growing to like Sponge Bob. But he calls him "Cheese!" which I find hilarious.

I love this.

And now I am waiting for someone to come by and fix my oven. This should be fun.

So. Many. Jokes.

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina.

Did someone mention bacon?

Bacon.jpg

Errr yeah I didn't mean to start a thing. Except maybe about how cute boys look in suits. That's a thing I don't mind starting. :D
^ This. Men always look better in suits.

Do you guys ever have issues where instead of actually writing the main story, you keep on wanting to write scenes that don't belong in the story because they're interesting?
Yes. Problem is, I seldom write these either.

Maybe read or watch something with heavy fantasy themes. Sometimes it can jar your thought process, and maybe even spark some ideas.

Typing today is brutal. Last night's Krav Maga class was full of bruise-heavy techniques. (This, in case you're curious.) My partner for the night didn't want to slow down and learn the technique, so when I attacked she hit the middle of my forearms (instead of wrist to wrist). Both my forearms are puffy with bruises with bonus bruises at my wrists from me defending against her.
I've always been interested in learning Krav Maga. A tiny girl like me needs to know some self-defense. But I'm a wimp.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
I've always been interested in learning Krav Maga. A tiny girl like me needs to know some self-defense. But I'm a wimp.

Krav certainly makes you less of a wimp. There are things I do now that I would have never done before Krav. I made a crack about the bruises last night on the phone with my mom, told her I was "rough and tumble." Her response: "Since when?"

The big perk of Krav is that it lets the smaller person win against the bigger person.

It's also incredibly fun.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
So I take the day off and you guys write less than a page. What does this tell us?

Also, I think I need to take a day off more often.

Also, also, himself is watching Enemy of the State. Every time Jack Black appears on the screen my suspension of disbelief suspends itself. I keep hearing lines from School of Rock.

Extra: I got an email from Debio this morning. I'm going to write back later. If anyone would like to pass on a message feel free to pm me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.