• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

D4EO Literary Agency (formerly D4EO Literary Partners) (Robert Diforio)

Sakura-chan

Registered
Reaction score
I have a full out with Joyce Holland.
She's had it for a little over 3 months. Not sure of the turn around time.

Hi. I queried on June 17th and received a request for the full manuscript the same day. I sent her the manuscript on June 18th and was eventually rejected on July 10th, with very helpful feedback. If she has had it for over three months, you might want to "nudge" her. (I hear that three months is an acceptible amount of time to wait before doing so.)
Good luck :)

Last edited:

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be hosting an interactive interview with Weronika Janczuk on my blog on Friday, September 3. Ms. Janczuk will answer questions left in the comments of that post through the weekend, so if you've ever wanted to ask a literary agent anything (well, almost anything), here's your chance!

Sakura-chan

Registered
Reaction score
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'll be hosting an interactive interview with Weronika Janczuk on my blog on Friday, September 3. Ms. Janczuk will answer questions left in the comments of that post through the weekend, so if you've ever wanted to ask a literary agent anything (well, almost anything), here's your chance!

Thanks for the info!

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, I've got to think of some questions. :)

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Just throwing some query stats out here for anyone who's looking:

Queried Ms. Janczuk 10/28
Partial request received 11/2
Partial sent 11/2

I'll update when I receive a response either way...

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Upgrade to full request received 11/3!

sharla

What's up??
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharlalovelace.com
fyi -- I just won November's Miss Snark's First Victim Secret Agent contest, in which Ms. Janczuk was the SA! She gave fabulous critiques on 250-word excerpts, very detailed, and gave me so much validation as a writer I was walking on air that day!

Asked for a full....hopefully she'll like the book as much as the first 250 words!

All in all, I am very impressed with what I've seen. She seems like she'd be very involved with her clients.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Heard back from Ms. Janczuk today. Her e-mail outlined several things she loved and several things she thought I could improve. Happily, she did encourage me to resubmit if I decide to revise.

Not quite the outcome I was hoping for, but still, not bad. Ms. Janczuk has been prompt, polite, and professional. I highly recommend her.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
An invite to revise and resubmit is a great result and shows a very serious level of interest in your work.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
True, waylander. And she said she thought long and hard about whether to take me on and do the revisions as her client. Great, great thing to hear.

BTW, good luck, sharla. I read your excerpt and thought the voice was really strong. I hope she likes the rest of your manuscript as much as she liked the first 250, too :)

CScottMorris

On a coffee fueled writing spree!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cscottmorrisbooks.com
Queried Weronika on the 2nd. No response yet, even though her blog shows she has responded to all queries received through the 11th. Blog also states that if you've not heard back in three weeks, re-query, and I plan on doing so on the 23rd.
Followed protocol by putting QUERY in the subject line(along with book title). Are they any other things to do, or not do, to help avoid the spam filter?

VickCorren

Registered
Reaction score
Weronika actually contacted ME via Twitter and asked to see two queries, one for each of the projects I'm shopping to agents. She'd seen my tweets and said she was interested. So, we'll see . . .

CScottMorris

On a coffee fueled writing spree!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cscottmorrisbooks.com
Got my form rejection this morning from Weronika. Took her three weeks to get to it, two weeks after she posted she had responded to every query received by that date. Im not bothered, I choose to interpret the delay as her taking her time to decide. I just wish she had the time to offer more than a form rejection. Oh well.

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
My 250 words didn't make the cut in Miss Snark's First Victim, but Weronika gave a lovely detailed deconstruction that really helped me tweak my opening. She mentioned 'gems' and I was flattered.

My full is currently under an unexpected exclusive with another agent, but if it doesn't pan out I'll certainly query her with this one.

VickCorren

Registered
Reaction score
Geeezz Vick. That's great. I need to learn how to tweet.

It really does pay off in a lot of ways. Following agents on Twitter, I know when they have contests, when they're caught up, what they are looking for, and sometimes they follow me back, like Weronika.

BTW, her query and short partial request has been upgraded to 50 pages.

Yay!

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I queried Weronika on 11-25-2010, got a form reject email on December 6, 2010.
So at least it's a fast turnaround. I'll keep her on the list for the next project.

She's one of the Baker's Dozen Agents over at Miss Snark's First Victim website, this month. So even if folks didn't get into that contest, it's worth watching online to get a feel for the kinds of loglines and stories certain agents want.

Filigree

AngelicaRJackson

Angelic Muse
Registered
Reaction score
Website
AngelicaRJackson.blogspot.com
I queried Weronika on 12/17 and got a form rejection 12/30. She's not usually open to unsolicited YA, but she let all the entrants to the December Mystery Agent contest at Operation Awesome send her a query.

This is one I'm genuinely disappointed about--she seemed like a good match. And my family's Polish-American, too!

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
I queried Weronika on 1/4 after speaking to her on Twitter, and got a request for a full the same day. I'm so excited. She seems really great and I'd love to have her as an agent!

::Crosses fingers for the wait::

Wait is over, she rejected the full. She said that the writing was good, but that the story wasn't unique enough for the oversaturated UF market. ::SIGH::

Last edited: