• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Knight Agency (Deidre Knight)

Barber

Timing is everything...
Registered
Reaction score
Three weeks isn't very long. I'd wait a little longer. Maybe closer to the eight week mark? That sounds like eternity, but it seems to be about standard.

Hang in there! There should be many others you can query in the meantime :)

Try agentquery (dot) com and enter your genre.

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
Learn from my mistake - Knight Agency and agents in general

Victoria Strauss refers to The Knight Agency as "well-respected," so I'd consider that a thumbs-up.

Last edited:

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
It's been about three weeks now. Should I go ahead and send a email to check up on it?
Jen - Got an R today on my query from Elaine Spencer at the 70-day mark. Hope you have better luck!

CarolSanDiego

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carolcallicotte.com
I got a request to see my MS today, I e-queried on 8/21/08. So a 3 1/2 week turn around. The request came from Melissa Jeglinski. The Knight Agency posted on their blog Sep 3 that she is their new submissions coordinator, brought over from a long, successful run with Harlequin.

JenWriter

Word Count Slayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jenhayley.com
Carol - Congrats and good luck!

I think my query got sucked into the evil spam monster's jaws.

CarolSanDiego

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.carolcallicotte.com
Thanks Jen! Their website said that response time can be 12-15 weeks on queries. Plus, they do seem to be transitioning some with their new submissions coordinator, so who knows? My fingers are crossed for you.

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
I sent another e-mail asking if they received the query--no answer. I think my work would fit in perfectly with the other clients at the agency. I'm just about at the 2 month mark.

:Shrug:

Outwardly confident--inside, I'm curled in the fetal position.:e2cry:

KJG

Registered
Reaction score
Lily, I think the process is speeding up. I sent a query on 9/5 and just got a request last night for a partial (9/23). Less than 3 weeks. Or maybe I can pretend that my query was so fantastic and my premise so amazing that they wanted to see it ASAP. LOL!

K

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
fwiw, I just received a rejection on a query I emailed TKA 18 days ago.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Calla, did you send pages? Reason I'm asking is, quite a while back I sent in something on their "yes, send a partial", and after a long time, got the pages back with the form rejection. The pages were as pristine as when I'd popped them in the envelope--no finger marks, nothing, niente. Naturally my paranoia kicked in and I wondered if they'd actually read what they'd asked for...

Barber

Timing is everything...
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, you should requery. I've e-queried 2 projects, and both were rejected within a couple weeks.

But they were nice rejections, with author name and MS title added :)

Mt. Dew Addict

Oh my...I'm a big girl now...eep?
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they have a "no from one of us is no from all of us" policy, or if one agent doesn't work out can you wait a while and query the next? I ask because there are two that I wish to query that both look wonderful...

Branwyn

Print release:Sept.1,'09
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if they have a "no from one of us is no from all of us" policy, or if one agent doesn't work out can you wait a while and query the next? I ask because there are two that I wish to query that both look wonderful...

From what I've experienced, an assistant reads them, or jr. agent or whatever she is. Unless you have their personal email it goes to sub @ knight agency.

Mt. Dew Addict

Oh my...I'm a big girl now...eep?
Registered
Reaction score
That's the feeling I was getting...I wanted to make sure first. Thanks for the quick response :)

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
From what I've experienced, an assistant reads them, or jr. agent or whatever she is. Unless you have their personal email it goes to sub @ knight agency.

I sent one to Deidre's email this morning and got a request - but she does say only to query one agent there.

Last edited: