Not open for further replies.

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
Arrrgh!

:cry:

Yes, this is Debio crying.

A thread title has caused avalanche of ideas for world building. Cool, but painful.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Hi guys,

I'm home from my trip, but I'm about ready to freak out.

There's water dripping from the duct work around my furnace. I *think* it's a leaky pipe. I can't tell, because I think the ran the pipes into the duct work. I have *no* clue what to do, except call a plumber in the morning. It's not leaking that much, but what if it gets worse while I sleep?

I was supposed to come home and relax, not panic.

I kinda really want to cry.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I watched Frozen Planet - very fascinating - and now I'm watching something about a serial killer in Alaska. All in the name of research.

Who narrates Frozen Planet?

Is it about the butcher?

also - i'm not far from having to move, and in the new place (if I get in!) they have huge private patios. I want to see if I can get a big ole planter and have some herbs. Not to mention, not having to live in darkness. My current apt, I have no privacy and have to keep my blinds shut all the time. The new place has all the windows at the back, facing the private patio. There shall be light! And indoor plants and purty flowerses.

Fingers crossed you get it!

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
We can cry together, if you want. Especially since liquids of any type coming out of things they shouldn't come out of really need to be looked at by the appropriate professional.

Unless, of course, it was your intent to have the liquids come out. In which case, I recommend not hiding the body behind the couch. Apparently that's the first place the cops look.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
There's water dripping from the duct work around my furnace. I *think* it's a leaky pipe. I can't tell, because I think the ran the pipes into the duct work. I have *no* clue what to do, except call a plumber in the morning. It's not leaking that much, but what if it gets worse while I sleep?

:Hug2:

I Am Not A Plumber.

Do you have forced hot water heat, and if so, is it warm enough where you are that you could turn the water off where it comes into the house and not have to worry about pipes freezing?

My oil co. services my furnace, and have come out for emergencies (new year's day, in fact.) If you have someone like that, they may have an answering service that can at least tell you if you should worry or not, and can arrange to have someone either call or come out first thing in the morning. If you have an existing relationship with a plumber and it's not a little mom-and-pop shop, same thing.

Otherwise, do you have a bucket that you can situate under the drip? And can you move anything that might get damaged out of the vicinity? If not, consider maybe making a ring of towels around the area; should at least slow down any sort of puddle creep for a while.

:Hug2: again. Get through this, then you can tell us about your fab vacation. :)

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
It's forced air heat, so it's not a heating issue, I think.

*Thankfully* it's been in the 70s F here. And will continue to be in the 70s during the day. I have the windows open... so no chance the pipes will freeze.

Once I finished freaking out, I did my nightly routine, turned the water heater way down and then turned off the water to the house. I put in a call to a local plumber's answering service. I should get a call back bright and early in the morning.

I think they ran the pipes through the cold air return ducts. Hence, I have no clue as to what pipe is dripping.

I can't wait to see the bill for this... :gaah

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Who narrates Frozen Planet?

Is it about the butcher?

Fingers crossed you get it!

I think it was Alec Baldwin doing the narrating

The serial killer was Robert Hanson - who kidnapped women, took them out to his cabin, after brutalizing them he would blindfold them, strip them naked and give them a 10 minute head start, then hunt them like game and kill them. Pretty freaking brutal. A sign of a truly horrible monster? (besides all the brutality and the murdering? the fact he was seriously wired incorrectly? ) He broached the subject of killing women with his daughter. He acted incredibly inappropriate with his daughter - chatting up women and the like in front of her - even when he was still married to her mother.

It's forced air heat, so it's not a heating issue, I think.

*Thankfully* it's been in the 70s F here. And will continue to be in the 70s during the day. I have the windows open... so no chance the pipes will freeze.

Once I finished freaking out, I did my nightly routine, turned the water heater way down and then turned off the water to the house. I put in a call to a local plumber's answering service. I should get a call back bright and early in the morning.

I think they ran the pipes through the cold air return ducts. Hence, I have no clue as to what pipe is dripping.

I can't wait to see the bill for this... :gaah

oh, I'm sorry, I hope you get it sorted without anything too terrible taking place.... sounds like you've taken good steps to minimize damage.

Now I'm watching Superbad. I have no excuse for watching that.

Last edited:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
The serial killer was Robert Hanson

Ah, yes, the butcher. He'll be played by John Cusack in the upcoming movie. I'm not entirely comfortable with that casting. Don't ruin my Martin Blank, you bastards!

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
wow... he's getting a movie?!

oh, and did you know it's John Cusack in the Poe movie? The Raven? And I just checked out imdb for the Hansen movie - they have Nicolas Cage attached, but with no name. That's weird as it's in post production.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
wow... he's getting a movie?!

oh, and did you know it's John Cusack in the Poe movie? The Raven? And I just checked out imdb for the Hansen movie - they have Nicolas Cage attached, but with no name. That's weird as it's in post production.

I did see that! I'm mildly interested in watching that, probably when it goes to vid.

Nic Cage is the investigator. Not sure why only his name is missing. Very mysterious. It was a big to-do when they filmed, since they had so many street shots. They recreated Anchorage in the eighties, which wasn't that big of a stretch, but for awhile it was extra-sleazy around town.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some purple things, some blue ones, some white ones.

My daughter picked them out. The blue ones are morning glories, the white ones something called moonflowers, and the purples ones are purple.

:D

Cute :)

I call foul Tiffers. But I call that anytime something drowns in goshdarn Arizona.

I watched Frozen Planet - very fascinating - and now I'm watching something about a serial killer in Alaska. All in the name of research.

And - I have always said if there was a worldwide disaster, like aliens or zombies or a pandemic - I would go to the wilds of the Pacific Northwest. Now, I think if there are zombies, I'm going to the Taiga http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taiga

surely the zombies would freeze before they got to you. Well, in winter. It's rather temperate and there's plenty of wood to make structures, have fuel, etc. And wildlife. Who's with me?!

I'll take a large tropical island. Zombies can't swim.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
also - i'm not far from having to move, and in the new place (if I get in!) they have huge private patios. I want to see if I can get a big ole planter and have some herbs. Not to mention, not having to live in darkness. My current apt, I have no privacy and have to keep my blinds shut all the time. The new place has all the windows at the back, facing the private patio. There shall be light! And indoor plants and purty flowerses.

Good luck!

Because watching a crippled old broad typing on a netbook, or reading a Kindle does not make for exciting YouTube watching?

Though I do confess, my hair sometimes would put Tina Turner's worst excesses to shame. tat might be photo-worthy, but only in the "people of walmart" sense of the word.

Pffft. How about some nature pics?

Hi guys,

I'm home from my trip, but I'm about ready to freak out.

I was supposed to come home and relax, not panic.

I kinda really want to cry.

:Hug2: Welcome back.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Evening folks. Seems like everyone is showing up. Is it time to have a party? Who shall we invite?

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Good Morning!

I have been waking up at 4am for over a week now. I'm hoping this is prep for the baby. Maybe he's being nice and telling me now, "Hey Mom, I'm going to be waking you up at 4am all the time, so be ready."

It's not too bad really. I stay up for about an hour and then I'll fall back to sleep on the couch until Mr. or Little Kricket wakes up.

*looks around the disaster called "my living room"* Maybe I'll do some cleaning before I go back to sleep. *yawns* Or maybe not.

:tongue

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
So, how old is little Kricket? Little Debio is 2 years 8 months and on our living room floor there is currently: several plastic blocks of the building type, a few giant legos, the alphabet puzzle mat, a piggy bank, a tamborine, a watering can, half a dozen books in two languages, and several car in various stages of destruction.

So I completely understand the "maybe I'll do some cleaning, maybe not" thought process.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
OH, I'm here, too. If you didn't notice yet.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
No excuses. I got my file open and am beginning yet another edit phase. Tomorrow I will begin again on the newer WIP. This one is about done and can do with a few days of not being looked at.

(not like I have any right to talk, I haven't added to the new WIP in about a week. I got addicted to this edit.)

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else here

<.<
>.>

Yuppers. Just lurking like this:

128920647359372094.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.