• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Self-Publishing Service] E-Novel Shop

James D. Macdonald

Your Genial Uncle
Absolute Sage
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madhousemanor.wordpress.com
http://www.enovelshop.com/
Need a compass to point you in the right direction?. We are the stress relievers. As a partner with you, we will do all the background legwork. And you do what you do best, continue writing that next bestseller novel/trilogy/article/etc.. As a team we provide several professional services: 1) e-publish your book(s) to multiple ebook retailers both locally and globally, 2) marketing consulting with you to generate sales for your hard work, 3) assistance in cover page design, and 4) coach with you on the various types of advertising techniques.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
From their About page...

Larry Larson is the head kahuna at E-NovelShop. Larry brings a diverse work history and multiple job skills to the position, including previous business ownership experience, high-level sales and marketing positions in the telecommunications, retail and medical manufacturing industries...

This doesn't really say very much, its all generic...

I really can't find a lot of information about this company on their site. Its all marketing and very little info on how they operate.

Sounds like another, Hey kids, I have a computer, lets publish books, venture...

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I don't have a problem with paying someone to format and market ebooks as a service. So long as they are actually good at it.

Al Stevens

Registered
Reaction score
Doesn't say anything about editing. And marketing consulting...? Coach with you...? What's that?

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
Two of E-novel Shop's three authors are ex-PublishAmerica, and a Google search reveals that one of them is now strongly anti-PA. I hope these people haven't jumped out of the frying pan into the fire.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I don't have a problem with paying someone to format and market ebooks as a service. So long as they are actually good at it.

Well said. I know nothing about formatting and setting up an e-book, and will eventually look for some expertise on this. Thinking about tossing about five or six titles out there and running them up the pole.

Tri

thorjansen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thesentinelsson.blogspot.com
I've looked into creating ebooks, and while it is a bit time consuming and there's a bit of a learning curve, making good-looking ebooks is not all that hard. There is a lot of free and relatively cheap software out there that can create an ebook out of a word processing document, and allow you to fine-tune things before committing to the final. And you can always toss the mss into Smashbook's or Amazon's meat grinders and let them do the work.

In my opinion, the hardest part is, as usual, designing an effective cover that catches the reader's eye in the listings, and makes them want to buy and download your ebook in the first place.

The real question is, what can this company do for you that you can't already do yourself with the behemoths Amazon, B&N, Smashwords, etc.?

Last edited:

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I thought so, but ended up with a mess. So I had the professionally formatted and then Smashwords rejected it (in error) and the formatted had to sort it out with a few emails and get it accepted.

Simple things can get non-simple very quickly. If someone has more money than time, i don;t see why they shouldn't use a service that is competent and a reasonable price.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Site's long gone. No sign it published more than the first three authors.