Black Republican elected head of the RNC

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
They chose a Black man and why not? Keeping up with the Dems is important.

(Good luck to him, even though I disagree with everything he's about.)

Last edited:

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
Michael Steele elected head of the RNC

Yes, we can say that he's Black without being politically incorrect. The GOP is trying very hard to find a base.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
Well, with the shape of the GOP, you'd never know. They might want to find fresh ideas from somewhere else.

ColoradoGuy

I've seen worse.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisjohnsonmd.com
I've heard him speak a few times. He seems articulate, reasonable, and rational in comparison to some of the others. The GOP needs that just now.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Well, with the shape of the GOP, you'd never know. They might want to find fresh ideas from somewhere else.

where is "somewhere else"? michael steele has been a prominent republican on the national stage for years and had broad reaching support during his last election try.

he was a key speaker at their 08 convention.

ColoradoGuy

I've seen worse.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisjohnsonmd.com
Does anyone want me to change the title of the thread? It is a bit odd as it stands. Kind of a "department of redundancy department" thing.

Last edited:

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
well, i suppose if you want to hold true to the OP's intent, it should be:

Republicans: "We got us a black person, too"

couldn't be any stupider than the current one, and the underlying statement being made.

ColoradoGuy

I've seen worse.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisjohnsonmd.com
God, you're quick, William. I was about to edit that, too, after merging the two threads.

OK, now that it's all cleaned up, how 'bout that Steele guy? I once saw him shred a couple of Leftie Hollywood types on the Bill Maher show.

Last edited:

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Feelin' like a Black Republican, money I've got comin' in,
can't turn my back on the hood, I've got love for them... Jay-Z & Nas

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
God, you're quick, William. I was about to edit that, too, after merging the two threads.

OK, now that it's all cleaned up, how 'bout that Steele guy? I once saw him shred a couple of Leftie Hollywood types on the Bill Maher show.

he's a staunch conservative, and i think it represents a rightward shift, certainly from mccain. the republicans can't rebuild their party starting from the middle, but rather need to shore up the right.

and i would hasten to remind our esteemed original poster that republican administrations have nominated a black supreme court justice, the first black secretary of state and the first black female secretary of state.

so the underpinnings of the OP (that the republicans had to dig around to finally find a token black) is bullshit and insulting.

Captshady

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
and i would hasten to remind our esteemed original poster that republican administrations have nominated a black supreme court justice, the first black secretary of state and the first black female secretary of state.

Hey hey heyyyy, need I remind you that Anita Hill was black, and Thomas' appointment after her sexual harassment claim is a clear indication of their racist hate.

so the underpinnings of the OP (that the republicans had to dig around to finally find a token black) is bullshit and insulting.

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
The big news isn't that the GOP elected a black man. It's that they elected a moderate. The right wing of the party (a.k.a. "the base") is not going to be happy.

Captshady

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
The big news isn't that the GOP elected a black man. It's that they elected a moderate. The right wing of the party (a.k.a. "the base") is not going to be happy.

IME just talking with people, there are more moderates than christian reich.

Last edited:

Robert Toy

FOB and Slayer of windmills
Registered
Reaction score
Let's see now if Repubs can come up with some ideas, other than "Cut taxes!"

caw
Are you suggesting that the potential for "new ideas" is related to having a blackman heading the RNC?

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Are you suggesting that the potential for "new ideas" is related to having a blackman heading the RNC?

Utterly offensive, Toy. I simply meant to suggest that, now that they have a new leader, maybe they can begin a revival process they sorely need. You want to accuse me of being racist, have the balls to say so.

caw

Robert Toy

FOB and Slayer of windmills
Registered
Reaction score
Utterly offensive, Toy. I simply meant to suggest that, now that they have a new leader, maybe they can begin a revival process they sorely need. You want to accuse me of being racist, have the balls to say so.

caw
Sorry if you took offense, it reads as if none of the previous RNC leaders (white) were capable and that now that a black man was elected that new ideas were possible.

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
You know what folks? We usually manage to offend each other openly enough. We probably don't need to read offense into each other's posts.

just a couple cent's worth.