Jobation June 500 words/day--all genres welcome!

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
will need editing! no need to cry. ;) Unless you're just in the mood for crying, which I would be after so many house guests!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
will need editing! no need to cry. ;) Unless you're just in the mood for crying, which I would be after so many house guests!

I lurrrve my house-guests :D I just get depressed by how slowwwly
I write!

me-a-monsteR

Bites upon request
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats everyone on the progress, minute procrastinating attempts and juggling it all with RL :banana:

Didn't write on Friday, but felt proud nonetheless as I made a deadline at work. Fixed a chapter yesterday and another today. Slightly worried I'll end up as nuts as my MC. Limited 3rd POV risk coupled with my overactive imagination, I guess. :shrug:

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I lurrrve my house-guests :D I just get depressed by how slowwwly
I write!

*HUGS* I'm a slow writer, too. We can wallow together. I had 350 yesterday, and nothing for about three days before that.

I should be able to cross 10k for the month today, though, and if I'm reaaaally ambitious might actually finish the book in the next couple of days. I'm only about two or three scenes away, I'm just not sure how long they'll be.

Daddyo

been around a while
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I could be pounding out some words today since it's Father's Day and I can do what I want. Thought I'd just fool around and do things like this.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I'm over 10k. Woohoo! Still not done yet, mind you, but woohoo!

I don't think I've had an over 10k month in over a year. :snoopy:

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Go, kaitie!

I hear you, Daddyo. Actually, I'm cooking for hubby and lounging on the web in between.

Yay for everyone who's making progress!

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Do it, Mr Mitchell! It's a great help. :)

I got about 300 today, finishing up (FINALLY) the conversation in the bar. Whew. IDK why it was so horrible to write, but maybe that means it belongs on the cutting room floor.

My MC is on the run. In heels. Go, MC!

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I had right around 1000 today. Was hoping for more, but had a lot of grading to do, and I made an awesome new recipe for dinner so I'm not complaining. :D

Marya

In search of distractions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
africanalchemy.wordpress.com
heyjude, if your MC is running in heels, she will regret it when she is 45. You might want an epilogue with a orthopedic lecture.

Finished my short story at 7 000 words (total word count for it was 15 200). It still doesn't work in places but there are scenes that have just the menace and charm I wanted. Now I shall put it away for a few months and then look at it with a cold eye.

Thought I would have a week or so off, but woke up thinking about an ex-lover of mine who is now a professor in Zurich and the urge came over me to murder him in narrative prose. He's a lovable harmless man and a good friend, but I'd love to set a murder in Zurich. I'm looking at 10 000 words for July.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
Grand total of 140 words for the weekend; somewhat short of the 1,000 I needed to stay on target.

On the plus side, did have a good brainstorming session and came up with some interesting plot twists to keep the third act alive.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
heyjude, if your MC is running in heels, she will regret it when she is 45. You might want an epilogue with a orthopedic lecture.

:ROFL:

Actually, I'm rethinking the running. My MC isn't the type to run. ::sigh:: Someone send me the internal kindly granny again.

I put a few more words on paper and ended up with 515 for the day, but it looks like I'll tear some of that out to have her stand her ground.

Marya

In search of distractions
Registered
Reaction score
Website
africanalchemy.wordpress.com
oh heyjude, I didn't mean to discourage you! Look, there is something heroic, absurd, sexy, determined, fabulous even, about a woman who has to run in stilettos over rough terrain -- in the dark? with potholes? -- leaping and teetering her way to freedom.

But women frolicking or fleeing in high heels end up in later years hobbling around in orthopedic sandals with hot water bottles strapped to their lower backs. Ask me about it.

Let me go and write a sentence without adjectives, she said grimly.

onesecondglance

pretending to be awake
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
soundcloud.com
:ROFL:

Actually, I'm rethinking the running. My MC isn't the type to run. ::sigh:: Someone send me the internal kindly granny again.

I put a few more words on paper and ended up with 515 for the day, but it looks like I'll tear some of that out to have her stand her ground.

On the plus side, she'll be standing her ground in nice shoes.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
oh heyjude, I didn't mean to discourage you! Look, there is something heroic, absurd, sexy, determined, fabulous even, about a woman who has to run in stilettos over rough terrain -- in the dark? with potholes? -- leaping and teetering her way to freedom.

But women frolicking or fleeing in high heels end up in later years hobbling around in orthopedic sandals with hot water bottles strapped to their lower backs. Ask me about it.

Let me go and write a sentence without adjectives, she said grimly.

You didn't, thanks. :Hug2: I had that thought at 1:30 this morning. ::sigh::

Did a lot of fleeing in stilettos in your misspent youth, did you? :D

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score

Now that sounds like a good hero for a mystery series: Marya the former (can't think of what requires a young woman to run in heels...some odd bordello job? no, aha) retires from her long years as a dancer in the Las Vegas Revue, Running Babes in Boas. When she gets a call about a former hoofer friend who has been found dead of a heroin overdose, she knows that it can't be so. Mitzi would never have taken drugs. Marya rips off her hot water bottle, straps on her orthopedic sandals, and returns to the mean streets of Las Vegas to find her old friend's real killer. But can she succeed when...? (etc.)

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
heyjude, you're on target whether she runs or stands. Good shoes say so much about culture, taste, and situations out-of-whack. I once wrote a Christmas play for our church kids and everyone's favorite line was when Oprah came on stage to interview tired, early-stages-of-labor Mary and said, "My name is Oprah Winfrey and I wear great shoes."

I'm trying to edit today but am exhausted from working all weekend and have to be back at work at noon. I may just take the rest of the day off. Overall, I think I've added 32 words to the first five chapters and put in about 450 on a short story, since Friday. :e2paperba I promise to make up for it over my next three days off.

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
400 forward progress after taking a chunk out, which is fine for Errand Day, which this morning was.

Keep on keepin' on, folks

Mr Mitchell

Registered
Reaction score
I have written almost 100 words in my novel, and Jessie can't seem to cope with the pain she's going through.