Hounding After Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Zoe has actually been swimming (mostly with my brother, I think) and she likes those giant slides which go into the water - I'm still waiting to take her, because I really don't like the idea of trying to keep her from drowning - if I can't even keep from trapping her fingers in cupboards, or watch carefully enough not to trip and fall on her when she is circling my feet, how good am I gonna be at watching her in water? That, by the way, is a rhetorical question...

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
You seem to be amused at the thought of me with children...

*calls clinic to book snippy appointment*

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
That, by the way, is a rhetorical question...

You know, Gary, for all your protests and worries and complaints...

You seem to be doing a really good job of being the faux parent.

She'll be fine, just keep an eye on her and be there to get her fingers free or lift her out of the water if need be.

:)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
She's gonna come up to me a decade from now and list off all the horrible decisions I have made - I'm already dreading the moment she realizes that she's smarter than most of the adults around her...

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She's gonna come up to me a decade from now and list off all the horrible decisions I have made - I'm already dreading the moment she realizes that she's smarter than most of the adults around her...

Biggie, I have seven children. The grown ones now thank me for the way I raised them. There are gonna be bumps, bruises, smashed fingers and broken bones. But it was their fault for pissing me off. :?D

Seriously, you can't prevent everything, but 99% of what you worry about isn't nearly as bad as your imagination makes it out to be. That other 1% usually pertains to teenage boys who take your daughter on a date. HINT: Make dinner on date night, lots of garlic, and be sure they eat so "they won't go hungry". And invest in a shotgun - you won't need shells. Just the sight of that shiny barrel is enough to make any zipper keep it's mouth closed.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
She's going to thank you.

Trust me on this.

:D

The night which end in tears seem to stick in the mind longer than the ones which end with her smiling... (and Abby has been telling me to chill out in e-mails, so I know that at least some of this is hyper-awareness of all the things which could possibly happen rather than what has happened)

That other 1% usually pertains to teenage boys who take your daughter on a date.

Trust me - I fully intend to be out of the country by the time she hits the dating stage. My brother can deal with that shit on his own... :D

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The night which end in tears seem to stick in the mind longer than the ones which end with her smiling...

For you, perhaps.

Not for her. Honest.

That you are this concerned and this worried, while a tad more than you need to be, is a good sign of your skills, really.

Though the prospect of you and Abby spawning does frighten me a little, I admit.

:eek:

:D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
That you are this concerned and this worried, while a tad more than you need to be, is a good sign of your skills, really.

LOL. I feel constantly overwhelmed. If this is normal, I kinda understand why parents are often so exasperated by their children...

Though the prospect of you and Abby spawning does frighten me a little, I admit.

:D An army of little geeks running around, correcting people on facts from decades old comics, referencing obscure movies, and generally being obnoxious... Actually, I can see the upside of reproducing now.

Kids are resilient and hard to permanently screw up. I mean, look at me.

I don't think I've mentioned this anywhere, but she already knows The Dark Tower (through the Bernie Wrightson pictures, admittedly) and she has said the name of the series - pointing at the books - when we have been at the shops. And she knows the Daleks by sight. And Xenomorphs. :D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
I think Abby was kinda upset at the baby boy being named Logan (after Wolverine) as she had that name on her shortlist (Zoe being named for the Firefly character), so the geek genes would probably be stronger if I reproduced... I don't think the world is ready for my offspring though.

LaurieD

aka Skwirrel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauriedalzell.weebly.com
The world needs more geeks and nerds to balance out the large numbers of ummm.... of um... er... to balance out the vast numbers of children I see here that are so not in either the geek or nerd camps.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
I think Abby was kinda upset at the baby boy being named Logan (after Wolverine) as she had that name on her shortlist (Zoe being named for the Firefly character), so the geek genes would probably be stronger if I reproduced... I don't think the world is ready for my offspring though.

Maybe we should start with a dog and see how that goes.

No, you cannot name it Zolton.

Status
Not open for further replies.