The Girlie Thread

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men.

That's just to be contrary to Jen!:D:D:D

I :heart: ya'!

Last edited:

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men Oh I love men.

That's just to be contrary to Jen!:D:D:D

Ok now that i got that out of the way...

Why is it that Mr. Groove and I agree that I'll cook and he'll do dishes, but he'll load the dishwasher and leave dishes that need handwashing in the sink for days and days, while the dishwasher gets loaded and un loaded? Does he not see them? Is he just obstinant? Does he not think 'doing dishes' includes ALL OF THEM? And I ask him about it and he says, "What dishes?"

:rant:

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Ok now that i got that out of the way...

Why is it that Mr. Groove and I agree that I'll cook and he'll do dishes, but he'll load the dishwasher and leave dishes that need handwashing in the sink for days and days, while the dishwasher gets loaded and un loaded? Does he not see them? Is he just obstinant? Does he not think 'doing dishes' includes ALL OF THEM? And I ask him about it and he says, "What dishes?"

:rant:

I am guilty of doing that.

ACEnders

Self-Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Website
strugglingwritersblog.blogspot.com
Apparently.

:) but I still love him.

Of course you do!

My husband is the same way. If he takes off one day, I'll leave for work thinking that surely he will see the soda cans on the counter and take them to the recycling bin or the junk mail and toss it.

Everything is always exactly where I left it. So I clean it all up when I get home. He'll help if I ask, otherwise, he just doesn't see it.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
When somebody says they are "feeling slighted", what exactly does that mean?

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah Mr. Groove and I were talking about that. I said I can't clean the whole house by myself. we both suggested doing something everyday so we don't have a long list on the weekend. We agreed. But then he said, "I don't know what to do."

Oh honey.

So now I assign him his one thing. It works. (when we do it) I don't feel overwhelmed and I feel like we're a team. I had to get over the idea of, "doesn't he SEE it?" Because he doesn't. He's fine with me asking him to do things though. Besides, there are things I don't see, like the grass needing mowing and the gas tank getting empty, or the fact that it is time for an oil change.

What gets me is that I point out the dishes in the sink and he still doesn't see them. :Wha:

Last edited:

ACEnders

Self-Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yeah Mr. Groove and I were talking about that. I said I can't clean the whole house by myself. we both suggested doing something everyday so we don't have a long list on the weekend. We agreed. But then he said, "I don't know what to do."

Oh honey.

So now I assign him his one thing. It works. (when we do it) I don't feel overwhelmed and I feel like we're a team. I had to get over the idea of, "doesn't he SEE it?" Because he doesn't. He's fine with me asking him to do things though. Besides, there are things I don't see, like the grass needing mowing and the gas tank getting empty, or the fact that it is time for an oil change.

What gets me is that I point out the dishes in the sink and he still doesn't see them. :eyeroll

How funny. Nate said that we should make kinda a chore list so he knew what to do. I have yet to do that.

But then again, with him starting school in the fall on top of his fulltime + job, I'm not going ot ask for his help. I'll take care of everything else so that when he does have time for me, I have time for him too. :)

Captshady

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score

Oh honey.

What gets me is that I point out the dishes in the sink and he still doesn't see them. :Wha:

Out of curiosity, do you help with the yard work?

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I use the weed trimmer while he mows the lawn. And if any flowers get planted, it is by me. Oh and i bring him icewater and a papertowel for his brow. And the other day I went to the gas station to get gas for the lawnmower.

ACEnders

Self-Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yes, I use the weed trimmer while he mows the lawn. And if any flowers get planted, it is by me. Oh and i bring him icewater and a papertowel for his brow. And the other day I went to the gas station to get gas for the lawnmower.

Aw, you sound so much like me! I do the exact same things for my hubby!

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
What kills me is how ALL the members of my family are capable of walking the dishes to the SINK, but are apparently incapable of opening the dishwasher which is right beside the SINK and depositing said dishes there.

And I do all the yard work. My husband does all the...

oh yes! cat boxes. occasionally. when I nag him. Apparently, his sense of smell is also deficient.

ACEnders

Self-Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Website
What kills me is how ALL the members of my family are capable of walking the dishes to the SINK, but are apparently incapable of opening the dishwasher which is right beside the SINK and depositing said dishes there.

And I do all the yard work. My husband does all the...

oh yes! cat boxes. occasionally. when I nag him. Apparently, his sense of smell is also deficient.

I only have a husband, but unless I ask him specifically to load the dishes, he does the same thing as your family.

But he will not under any circumstances to the kitty litter! Nope! He cannot stand it!

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
Girls I need help. :(

My best friend is unhappy with my choices concerning the guy I like. (yes it's the same guy I posted about before, not going into details. PM me if you really want to know)
I told her this time was different, that they're was something different between me and him, but it was good different. Her response?
"Become friends with him and things will be different"
Okay. Fine. I agree me and him don't exactly know a lot about each other. We kind of skipped over that stage. But we do know stuff about each other. So we agree. We'll become friends and go from there.
Last night. I'm trying to figure out how to become friends with him. It comes naturally for me. So I ask him. "Do you consider me your friend?" and he answers yes. I consider him my friend also. So now I'm trying to figure out why I'm trying to become friends with someone I'm already friends with.
Jen(Mara_Jade) said I shouldn't let my best friend dictate my life. And she's right. But if I tell my best friend that it's my life, and I'm gonna make my own damn decisions, I'm afraid I'll lose her. She's been through SO much with me.
But.....I don't wanna lose the guy either. I really like him. He likes me.

What am I supposed to do?

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Girls I need help. :(

My best friend is unhappy with my choices concerning the guy I like. (yes it's the same guy I posted about before, not going into details. PM me if you really want to know)
I told her this time was different, that they're was something different between me and him, but it was good different. Her response?
"Become friends with him and things will be different"
Okay. Fine. I agree me and him don't exactly know a lot about each other. We kind of skipped over that stage. But we do know stuff about each other. So we agree. We'll become friends and go from there.
Last night. I'm trying to figure out how to become friends with him. It comes naturally for me. So I ask him. "Do you consider me your friend?" and he answers yes. I consider him my friend also. So now I'm trying to figure out why I'm trying to become friends with someone I'm already friends with.

I skipped over the friends thing too with my bf...and now, almost 8 years later, 3 break ups later, he's somebody that I can laugh with, somebody I know so well I can say what he's gonna say, before he says it, and I can't imagine replacing him with anybody, NOBODY would fill his shoes...IMO.

Jen(Mara_Jade) said...

Not to overlook your question, but tell me, WHERE THE HELL IS MARAJADE!!!???!!!??? Tell her to stop hiding and send me more of her damn story!!! Shit man! Send a girl a chapter then disappear? WTF is up with that! ;)

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
She took time off to finish school. But now she's done. I'll try to convince her to get her ass back here!