Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
I used to hate the taste of alcohol. But Lambrusco (the sweet wine I first tasted) is SO DAMN GOOD. *wants some NOW*

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
If American teens were allowed to drink at 18, I think there would be a huge reduction in underage drinking and other alcohol issues. Let's face it, most teens drink because they shouldn't be drinking. Once you hit 21, the thrill to drink legally is fresh and ready to abuse, but after a while, I bet it isn't really that cool as teens thought it would be.

Nearly all of my friends are all over the age of 21 and some are in their 30s (this has its perks for an underager!). They aren't really drinkers.

Karla: You can call me that or MA or Akasha. It doesn't matter. :) That's great! I wish I have a novel finished under my belt. I am bit of a slacker or I get scared about finishing a story in fear that it was never good in the first place.

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
RUM.

-lives on the Caribbean island famous for rum-

Haha, I don't drink that much.

Well.

I drink a lot of wine, but that's just at dinner. But I generally like lighter drinks. I mean, I love mimosas, and those hardly count.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
The only wine I drink is Meadow Dew. It's kinda sweet but not overpoweringly so.

I just realised I'm very blunt about sex when it comes to my novels.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
But I don't drink that much, 'cause alcohol is loaded with calories. No thanks. I prefer my water or my almond milk. Even my 100% cranberry juice.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
COKE. I love Coke. Or orange juice or milk. Most of the Coke I have is when I eat out.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
When you guys were talking about the whole age and drinking thing, it reminded me of this:

http://youtu.be/-d_eOeUYzFY

LMAO, thanks for this! I remember this scene, but I forgot the movie.

Lisa, I tend to be the same way. It really depends on who you are writing for I guess. Flowery sex scenes turn me off and make me gag.

Thalia: I am a lightweight, so it doesn't take much for me to get drunk, lol.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Ew, Coke. I'll only drink it Diet, and even then, it's bad for me.

I will drink 100% cranberry juice. It jumpstarts your metabolism.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
You should try it, Tally!

Moscato is another sweet wine, and I have yet to taste that. I think I will ask my mom to buy me a bottle for my 21st birthday lol. And then I can take a drink moments before I hit "Send" for CMRH to the agent. That is, if I do get it polished by then. I hope I can I hope I can!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
The playlist has finished, but I'm doing stuff, so I'm going to listen to last.fm for a bit. :)

Ivi942

Registered
Reaction score
My parents always did let me drink when they're present - they keep trying to get me to drink beer or wine or coffee(which is even more disgusting than alcohol, really). But mom does seem against letting me drink elsewhere, so I'm kind of confused, but not particularly bothered about it since I don't really drink... The sweet wine my dad made was kind of good though(mom said they just poured a whole lot of sugar into it).

Also, I just finished watching the Deathly Hallows! I suddenly understand why Snape is so popular among the fandom O_O I've read the book, but it almost feels like I've missed entire sections or something... I remember bits and pieces(like the locket strangling Harry or Neville killing the snake), but I've also forgotten a lot of stuff .__. Maybe it's because I was so worried about my brother catching me...(It was his book, and I wasn't allowed to read it)

Lisa, will I get to read your book when it's done? *puppy dog eyes*

ETA: Homestuck updated *fangirls*

Last edited:

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE MOSCATO! It's so sweet and bubbly. It's almost like champagne, but it is deliciously sweet. It's a subtle sweetness, not too overpowering. I think you will like it. It's a great wine to pair with a dessert (my mom is a gourmet chef and owns a dessert business).

Question for the forum: How do you figure out how to write the opening scene of your stories? Do you just go with the flow or do you plan it out beforehand?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yes, you can read it. :D

I just sit there and stare at the screen most of the time, haha.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I plan out most of my novels beforehand, so I know what will happen in the opening scene, always. But I don't always sit around and plan the opening scene.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
W.o.w. I go away from the website for a few hours and find several pages of chat. Wow. Busy busy :p
I've been watching comedy dvd's/programmes for hours. My stomach hurts from laughing so hard! lol

I watched some of deathly hallows part 1 that was on sky movies, and I just love to do my own commentary. lol. I am more a fan of the books than the movies, because to me, they ruined every film. So... yeah. I mean, sure, I'd enjoy it when I go cinema, but they're not really movies I can watch more than once.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE MOSCATO! It's so sweet and bubbly. It's almost like champagne, but it is deliciously sweet. It's a subtle sweetness, not too overpowering. I think you will like it. It's a great wine to pair with a dessert (my mom is a gourmet chef and owns a dessert business).

Question for the forum: How do you figure out how to write the opening scene of your stories? Do you just go with the flow or do you plan it out beforehand?

I go with the flow usually. Sometimes I just write whatever comes to mind and hope for the best :p

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I'm an enormous Harry Potter fan, because what matters to me in Harry Potter is the emotions and the relationships (platonic and romantic), which I get out of both the films and the books. So I never understand how a person can think a movie is 'ruined' by a few plot changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.