• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Writers House

nash

nom.nom.nom.nom
Registered
Reaction score
I got a kind rejection from Kristy.

Sorry to hear that, Chumplet! Good luck on your other submisisons.

I'm waiting to hear back from Kristy too on my full... (bites knuckle)

Wisteria Vine

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Kristy rejects queries, or only manuscripts? I have a query floating around out there and was just curious if no response = no interest.

lilyk

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Kristy rejects queries, or only manuscripts? I have a query floating around out there and was just curious if no response = no interest.

I got a kind (but I suspect form) rejection from her yesterday in response to my query. I queried her early February. So I think she does respond, it may just take up to a month, as it says on her publisher's marketplace.

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
I got a R from Ms.Johnson yesterday. I queried her about a month ago,lol. I completely forgot!

I really need to keep better track of my queries.

Jolly-Boo

Please, call me Boo
Registered
Reaction score
Looking back, I suspect he makes up his mind pretty quickly, i.e., after a few pages or a chapter or two (that certainly seems how he looked at my revision). That he requested a synopsis was perhaps a sign that he liked it a bit, but was perhaps on the fence, and wanted to see what I'd do with my premise. He certainly didn't request a synopsis the second time around, which is a shame; he'd have seen how much I'd changed it.

Ah, so he was in the process of reading a full, was on the fences, desired to see a synopsis to see where it's going. Lazar!!! (William Shattner's KHAAAAN! voice)

ronempress

Registered
Reaction score
Website
ronempress.blogspot.com
How's your Query with Brianne?

Updated stats:
Queried Brianne: early morning Jan 6
Partial request: afternoon Jan 6
Full request: Jan 23

Anna L, couldn't help but notice your topic - very exciting to me since my story's set next door in alternative world China. I thought I'd ask and see if you'd heard anything from Brianne. Also, I've got a Yahoo group of authors whose focus is mainly on writing stories and/or characters with an Asian connection. You're welcome to join us. Let me know if you're interested.

Sincerely,

Victoria

maggieuc

Registered
Reaction score
I hear Brianne is absolutely swamped. She's had my full for a month now. I'm getting refresh-crazy.

She's had my partial for a month too...It's so difficult not to obsessively check my email!

SamIAhm

Registered
Reaction score

She sent me an R just eight days after I queried, she's fast and very polite, but I also suspect she sends form R's

nash

nom.nom.nom.nom
Registered
Reaction score
She sent me an R just eight days after I queried, she's fast and very polite, but I also suspect she sends form R's

I just got a rejection on a full from her (KK), about a month after I sent it.

Lebowski's Rug

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Kristy King is still Stephen Malk's assistant? If I were to submit to him, would she be reading it first?

He's number 1 on my list, but I am scheduled for a one-on-one conference critique with Kristy in the spring. I'd rather not query him and then she sees me and the same manuscript at the conference. Especially if she rejects it on his behalf.

Any thoughts?

J.B.Kantt

Debut Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jbkantt.blogspot.com
Does anyone know if Kristy King is still Stephen Malk's assistant? If I were to submit to him, would she be reading it first?

He's number 1 on my list, but I am scheduled for a one-on-one conference critique with Kristy in the spring. I'd rather not query him and then she sees me and the same manuscript at the conference. Especially if she rejects it on his behalf.

Any thoughts?

I know that Ms. King is a junior agent now, so she gets her own queries and what not.
So based on how busy she is with her own submissions, she's probably not his assistant anymore...

internanonymous

Registered
Reaction score

Any thoughts?

Junior agents are still assistants in many cases!

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Junior agents are still assistants in many cases!

Yep, don't assume. Stephen Barr responded to my query to Dan Lazar after he'd started taking on clients of his own.

When he was first starting out, my former agent was an assistant to a senior agent at his agency while building his own list as well.

claena

Heather Petty
Registered
Reaction score
Website
heatherwpetty.com
I know the info is scarce, since she's new, but Kristy (Ty) King should be at the top of anyone's list. I've worked with her via Steve, and met her at his party last year, and she's incredibly nice, hard working, and everything you'd want in an agent.

I just want to second this. I signed with Ty in November and it's the best thing I've ever done. She's amazing and insightful and SO encouraging. She also really knows her stuff. She's worked at WH as an assistant for three years, with Steve Malk for a year of that. She's also an attorney (a brilliant attorney).

Also, she still works closely with Steve, so it's the best of all worlds. I spoke with both of them before I signed, and I can't wait to go down and meet them both in person.

I can't say enough how glad I am to be working with her.

TeacherLady

Registered
Reaction score
For those of you who have a partial or full with Brianne, did she let you know she had received your mss? I didn't get one, so I was wondering if I should worry it hadn't been received.

Anna L.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annafrost.ca
TeacherLady, Brianne didn't reply to my partial (not until she decided to upgrade to the full I mean) but she did drop me a 'I got it, thanks' note on the full.

TeacherLady

Registered
Reaction score
Anna, thanks. I wasn't expecting to hear back from her yet (she hasn't had it quite two weeks yet), but I definitely didn't want to think she'd received it when she hadn't.

maggieuc

Registered
Reaction score
TeacherLady, Brianne didn't reply to my partial (not until she decided to upgrade to the full I mean) but she did drop me a 'I got it, thanks' note on the full.

Anna,
How long did it take Brianne to reply to your partial? I'm biting my nails here :scared:.... Thanks!