RIP

“Ultimately, literature is nothing but carpentry.” - Gabriel García Márquez

ash.y

Absurd and Obscure
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bearandblackdog.com
I've heard of other wonderful authors passing away, but none of their deaths have affected me like GGM's. It feels like the world has lost a little bit of its last magic. What a loss to the world. We are so lucky to have his books.

clintl

Represent.
Registered
Reaction score
Sad about this - Garcia Marquez is one of my favorite writers, and One Hundred Years of Solitude one of my favorite novels.

Mirth

Registered
Reaction score
I've heard of other wonderful authors passing away, but none of their deaths have affected me like GGM's. It feels like the world has lost a little bit of its last magic. What a loss to the world. We are so lucky to have his books.

Same here... His work is unique. We're lucky because he'll never really go.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
I'm teaching my English composition class this afternoon. I'm going to divert some time to talking about García Marquez and his work. I'd bet my second-best cat none of the students in the class has ever heard of him, much less read any of his work.

caw

Kaiser-Kun

!
Registered
Reaction score
Oh God, this is hilarious. They released a lot of yellow butterflies on the homage to GGM. Some animal rights activists are protesting that in the news article about it, 'cuz all the little butterflies were taken out of the habitat and probably killed, calling it the worst massacre in recent animal rights history.

Thing is, those were PAPER butterflies. Way to go, dorkheads, celebrate Garcia Marquez by not being able to read the second line of that article.