• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Sarah Jane Freymann Literary Agency

Phantom Writer

Dancing between good and evil...
Registered
Reaction score
Ok then... inbox (0).... refresh... inbox (0).... refresh... inbox (0)... refresh... hmmm I feel like I'm on a merry-go-round. ;) I've gotta get away from my computer, it's starting to permanently attach to the end of my fingers.

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
hahah I'm so right there. I got a response on a partial this morning for a full, and while I'm excited about that, I'm still biting my nails over this one. Crazy.

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
That's exciting Phantom Writer! Congrats!

I'm kinda NOT wanting to hear back, yet. Sort of keeping the dream alive, you know?

What do you (and Moost write?) is it fantasy, paranormal, etc?

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Why thank you AJ for the support! Just read your exerpt of Mythic- loved it. Also, your blog about the friend fixing his playstation- that's hilarious.

I write urban fantasy, paranormal and romance. I need to set up a website, blog, etc. but with my 4 year old, full time work and master's looming over me- I have very little time. Plus, so scared no one would want to read my blog: my life is boring. haha

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
Why thank you AJ for the support! Just read your exerpt of Mythic- loved it. Also, your blog about the friend fixing his playstation- that's hilarious.

I write urban fantasy, paranormal and romance. I need to set up a website, blog, etc. but with my 4 year old, full time work and master's looming over me- I have very little time. Plus, so scared no one would want to read my blog: my life is boring. haha

Thanks! I had a lot of fun with Mythic. :)

Are you talking about my blog or Moost's? Beacuse I don't remember writing about a playstation? Haha!

I hear you about being busy. I've got 4 kids, though now 3 of them are back in school! It seems so easy with just one! Who would've thought?

Moost

Is not my real name
Registered
Reaction score
New York. If you see me anywhere else I'm lost.

I hear you! I'm working on getting accepted into my school's accelerated Master's program- I can start taking graduate classes senior year and get the MA in two extra semesters if I get in. So stressful, since it's a competitive program. So my life= super boring. I forced myself to make a blog though, and linked it from my Facebook- my friends seem to enjoy it. If you make a blog I'll follow you hehe.

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
One too many clicks this morning. I told you I really need to get away from my computer! Moost did talk about the playstation! Duh. But I did read Mythic, and I did actually go to your blog too! I couldn't imagine having 4 little ones. My boy is adopted and unfortunately, we've had a really bad experience trying to adopt again... so... i'll focus on writing and hearing from Ms. Sarah Jane at this point.

Thanks! I had a lot of fun with Mythic. :)

Are you talking about my blog or Moost's? Beacuse I don't remember writing about a playstation? Haha!

I hear you about being busy. I've got 4 kids, though now 3 of them are back in school! It seems so easy with just one! Who would've thought?

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Ahhh you are so sweet. Yeah my blog would be refresh, refresh, refresh. That's about it.

I went back through some of the older posts in here, there were a lot of requests around our time and several are still outstanding unless the people didn't post her responses. Since this is a long weekend (for some, me included!) I'm not sure if we will hear back from her before next week now. Refresh.. Refresh..

I hear you! I'm working on getting accepted into my school's accelerated Master's program- I can start taking graduate classes senior year and get the MA in two extra semesters if I get in. So stressful, since it's a competitive program. So my life= super boring. I forced myself to make a blog though, and linked it from my Facebook- my friends seem to enjoy it. If you make a blog I'll follow you hehe.

ejNY

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've been lurking for a few weeks and decided to finally break down and register. I am waiting to hear back from Jessica, too, and just wanted to share the info that according to her blog http://agencygatekeeper.blogspot.com/ she left for vacation last night. She said she was reading manuscripts at the airport, but I think we should probably assume we won't be hearing from her this week.

Last edited:

ejNY

Registered
Reaction score
Glad I could help! Her blog is wonderful. Also, I met her at a conference (had a pitch meeting and saw her speak on a panel) and she was just as sweet, intelligent and enthusiastic as all the comments on this thread claim she is.

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't know she had a blog either! I'm bookmarking it. Thanks!

One too many clicks this morning. I told you I really need to get away from my computer! Moost did talk about the playstation! Duh. But I did read Mythic, and I did actually go to your blog too! I couldn't imagine having 4 little ones. My boy is adopted and unfortunately, we've had a really bad experience trying to adopt again... so... i'll focus on writing and hearing from Ms. Sarah Jane at this point.

My little girl (the youngest) is adopted from Korea. :) It was a very difficult and heartbreaking process. I am in awe of anyone who goes through it more than once, believe me. It's definitely not for the weak of heart.

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Ditto on the blog too. Didn't know - but the post about the tea set cracked me up. She can't send it back, hoped that it wasn't from an author that she had already rejected without mentioning the tea. :) And yes- I wish that I could get paid to read novels all day!

Adoption in iteself is heartbreaking- we went through the county and had an absolutely horrible experience, but I wouldn't take back one minute of it. It makes me appreciate my little boy all that more.

JamieB

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.jamieblair.blogspot.com
hey everyone! sent a query (edgy young adult) to sarah 10/-7 recieved request for full manu and synopsis from jessica this morning. I'm really excited ^_^

Congrats! I sent my query around the same time and haven't heard...maybe I have a response sitting at home in my inbox. Hope it's a request too!!! :)

Good luck to you - and everyone else...

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone hear back recently on their full/partials? I'm still hanging out here doing- refresh refresh refresh. Although, I got offered representation from another place, so I'll be sending an inquiry email shortly on this full. I'm really hoping it is a yes from Sarah Jane though, I would prefer going with this company.

ajcastle

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone hear back recently on their full/partials? I'm still hanging out here doing- refresh refresh refresh. Although, I got offered representation from another place, so I'll be sending an inquiry email shortly on this full. I'm really hoping it is a yes from Sarah Jane though, I would prefer going with this company.

Wow! Congratulations!!

I haven't heard back yet...

Phantom Writer

Registered
Reaction score
AJ- I was hoping! I'll be sending off my status email to Jessica tonight. I've asked for a week to notify all the agents I have fulls out to and take some time to review the contract. It's not a bad deal, but I'm a bit new to this, so I want an Attorney to look over the contract before I sign.

Last edited:

Maddie

Roe Draje
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.saraville.com
I sent an email query/proposal on 10/08 to the Sarah Jane Freymann agency, and received a request for the manuscript on 10/13 from Jessica Sinsheimer, who identifies herself as an associate agent. Hopefully I did not just jinx this.

-Maddie

hester

New year, new avatar.
Registered
Reaction score
Sent e-query to the agency and received an auto-acknowledgment saying they'd review it-fingers crossed!

And congratulations on your offer Phantom!!! That is awesome!