"How can I introduce my axe-crazy arms dealer with a bang?"
"How can I make the reader fall off their chair?"
"What threat of death have I not used recently?"

:tongue

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
My aims when I write are to make the readers fall in love with my characters and give them a magical feeling inside. Of course, they change slightly with each project.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Hahaha Zoom that was terrible. But good. Gerrible perhaps.

My MCs just did what any group of people would do when they discover they have superpowers... Start arguing about which powers are coolest.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
The start to this scene is kinda boring. >< I think that was my problem. Why can't she get to Diagon Alley already?? ><

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I need to know who has what superpower before I can make an objective ruling on their respective coolness. :tongue

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Ice, stone, plants, cloth, and (dead) wood!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I just downloaded the soundtrack to the first Potter movie in the hopes that because I'm writing a Potter fanfic and that has the right sort of music I'm looking for (magical, child-like) it will help me pound the words out.

I need fluffy, magical pieces from kid movies for my playlist, I have decided. :D

Last edited:

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Ice, stone, plants, cloth, and (dead) wood!

Oh, I like it! I was thinking they'd be generic comic-book superpowers like flight or whatever. That's cool - more unusual than the standard elemental powers (fire, etc). I remember reading Tamora Pierce's Circle of Magic books in school and one of the characters had a really cool power over threads, so she could make your clothes unravel, make your scarf strangle you, weave vines together into bridges, etc. Creative stuff.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I remember reading Tamora Pierce's Circle of Magic books in school and one of the characters had a really cool power over threads, so she could make your clothes unravel, make your scarf strangle you, weave vines together into bridges, etc. Creative stuff.

Based on that, I need to read that book.

Listening to this soundtrack makes me feel like I'm 9 again. :D

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks para! That's the kind of idea I'm going for; making the characters get creative with what's around them, because they can't just magic stuff up. Actually now that I think about it, I've actually put a lot of limits on them lol. Oh well, they'll manage! (or not, either way).

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have a feeling this scene is going to be quite long... XD

ETA: I don't know why, but Maddy is about to have her first ride on a broomstick to Diagon Alley. I'm sure there's a law against it. XD

ETA: The prologue has just become Chapter One. I have to figure out what's going to happen in the next scene (Each chapter is going to be roughly 4K, made up of two 2K scenes).

Last edited:

mscelina

Teh doommobile, drivin' rite by you
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Going shopping with Soccer Mom and Bubastes for fu
Hi guys--

I don't usually come in here, but I have an announcement I think all of you will be very interested in: http://euterpe-ya.blogspot.com/p/quarterly-contest.html

Musa's YA imprint, Euterpe, is running a quarterly contest for young writers. I'd love to see all of you participate at some point. You can read about it on the Euterpe blog, and if you have any questions about it feel free to PM me, okay?

Thanks!

Celina

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I am watching the Hotel Inspector with Mum and drinking cream liquear -- and writing during the breaks. I'm not worried. I'm sure I can hit 4K - 8K (or 1 - 2 chapters) before I drop off. :D

ETA: Just hit 2K!!! :D

Last edited:

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Hello thread! How are our word counts/revisions/procrastination going tonight?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Great! I'm writing one of the big pivotal chapters in my UF. Having tons of fun. How about you?

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Er... Totally writing. Yes. That would be it.

Kyla Laufreyson

Oops
Registered
Reaction score
I will be writing in the nearish future. Right now I was taking a few ideas I texted to a friend earlier and converting them to word document form...

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Clearly procrastination is going well, however.

This needs to be my motto. Sometimes I impress even myself with my ability to sit around for hours on end and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Zoealea

Mmmm, caffeine.
Registered
Reaction score
This needs to be my motto. Sometimes I impress even myself with my ability to sit around for hours on end and have absolutely nothing to show for it.

Me too!
Today my mom came home and asked me what I did today, and then I realized that all I did today was ride a stationary bike for 30 minutes, rewatch the movie Burlesque, and do a load of laundry.
:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.