Not open for further replies.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Our little Kristie, a married lady. Wow. Wishing you many years of happiness.

Maryn, serious for once

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Enjoy. If it'd stop raining, I'd bring in firewood. Mr. Maryn says we should turn the heat on tonight. I suspect he's right. We won't see 60 this week.

Maryn, damp around the edges

Elonna

I'm a dork
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elonna.com
High here today is 60 and supposed to get down to upper 30s tomorrow night...I'm not ready for cold yet.

The last couple of weeks here have been crappy too. For those of you not on FB...I lost my mom almost three weeks ago, rather unexpectedly. I'm not sure it's really hit home quite yet...she and I were super close and I still don't know what I'm going to do without her. I think I'm in that 'Denial' stage as they say, regardless of what my brain logically knows. I do wonder why our minds play those little tricks on us...maybe it is to let things sink in slowly so we don't just flip off the deep end.

On top of that, her house was broken into last week. Stupid things taken like DVD player, VCR, cheap microwave, camera, etc. They didn't take the Bose Clock/radio/CD player which was right there and probably worth more than everything they took combined. We figure that may have been kids.

Then night before last, my sister's Lincoln Navigator was stolen from in front of their house (three doors from my Mom's house). My sister's in the hospital for abdominal surgery, which has been a four month fiasco and a whole other story, so she and my BIL weren't home. They found the truck in a not so good area of Cincinnati burned out the next morning. Don't know if there is any relation between the two incidents, but I doubt it.

So really I guess this whole year has been crap for me...lol...I know, poor me. I'm not really feeling sorry for myself...well, except for losing my Mom. That just sucks. But I really just want to try to get through the Holidays and look forward to a better 2010.

/whine finished

Thanks for letting me vent, I really needed it. And I only a cried a little ;)

Last edited:

Perle_Rare

Dragon rider
Registered
Reaction score
Elonna, you have my sympathies. On all counts.

I was about to start a whining session of my own but you know what? Compared to you, my troubles are just totally insignificant.

Thanks for your post. I was in sore need of a perspective adjustment!

And I hope that things brighten up for you and your family starting now. 2010 is just too far away still to wait till then!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
El,

So sorry to hear of the loss of your mother. And the terrible things that have been happening in your family. My thoughts are with you.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, Elonna, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I lost mine some time back, and every so often she's in a dream that seems so real it's like she visited. Real nice. I wake up warm-fuzzy those days. In time you'll get to the stage where it's much less painful. (I'll be your stand-in mom as needed, too. I'm the oldest one here and claim my right!)

The rest? Stuff. Mere things, the loss of which is of no real consequence. Still, it's scary and annoying and so totally just what you don't need right now. But what matters is your sister is okay.

C'mere, I got a hug for you.

Maryn, who wishes it were it person

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya, Terri! The boards have lots of 'part 2' things. Apparently it's less demand on the server when gigantic threads are not brought up by users wanting to add new messages, so a bunch of the huge ones were given a fresh start. I think somebody told me the old ones are still around, just read-only, but I haven't checked.

Maryn, a dork

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Elonna, I'm so sorry for your loss. It will take time. I lost my mother 15 months ago and there are days, I think to myself that I should call her and tell her something that's new and then I remember. It's hard but it gets better with time.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Elonna, I'm so sorry. My prayers are with you.

Grrarrgh

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, all. I've been checking in but not posting a lot.
Kristie - congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you. I can't wait to see pics!!

So I think I have a new job. Well, I definitely got a new job, I just have to decide to accept it. I'm really stressing about it. It's more money, 2 miles from my house, more responsibility, the company is more stable than my current employer. The biggest drawback is the people I'll be leaving behind. Is that silly? I personally and professionally love everyone that I currently work with. And I'm good at my current job. And I'm comfortable there and I don't do change well.

Looking at it written out, I realize that I'm being silly. The benefits far outweigh the drawbacks. Although I like everyone I work with, I only socialize outside of work with a few of them, and I'll still see them. This new job is a good thing. And even though my boss cried when I told her that I got the new job offer, the company certainly won't go under if I leave. I need to just suck it up and do it.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry...I have no idea why they're so big.

Here's my dad and Nick walking me down the "aisle". Nick was supposed to do it alone but refused so Papa had to help out. Oh and he wouldn't drop the blankie either! :)

DSC02770.jpg

During the ceremony...
DSC02774.jpg

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
The kiss...possibly the last time he will ever kiss me in public!
DSC02784.jpg

After the ceremony...
DSC02845.jpg

And at the fire department...because you have to have your picture taken with a firetruck!
DSC02909.jpg

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Beautiful, KristY! Thanks for sharing. Everything looked perfect.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dimples! Mr. Kristie's got two deep dimples! I deem him a suitable person for you.

Lovely photos, too.

Maryn, reminded that she should digitize her photos

Grrarrgh

Registered
Reaction score
Grrr... I can't see your pics here at work!!! Maybe I can get to them on my phone. I'll give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.