XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Forgot to respond:

The tally stands at dairy, citrus fruits, fish, all nuts and seeds, and a sensitivity to wheat. I apparently can eat it, and the response won't be that strong, but it's best to avoid it.

That's a daunting list to tackle all at once, plus the pork. But piggies are too cute and friendly to eat anyways ;)

Why all seeds? Quinoa isn't a true grain, can you have that?

Find out if you can get Namaste mixes there. They are very allery friendly.

Also, do you already cook lots? Processed foods are Not your friend as it is hard to navigate which are safe or semi safe, and your body needs time to stop fighting the foods.

I like doing roast poultry, crock pot meals, and lots of various veggies.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why all seeds? Quinoa isn't a true grain, can you have that?

Find out if you can get Namaste mixes there. They are very allery friendly.

Also, do you already cook lots? Processed foods are Not your friend as it is hard to navigate which are safe or semi safe, and your body needs time to stop fighting the foods.

I don't know why, the allergy test said so :D

I think I can have quinoa, I have it and eat it regularly and I don't think I've had adverse reactions to it. I should also be able to have teff, which I'm trying out tonight.

I make almost all my food from scratch. Much tastier, and a lot of fun. Except, of course, PIZZA :D I can probably navigate the diet restrictions, but sometimes it's going to get annoying.

Namaste mixes, huh? I'll look into that. Thanks, Fen! :heart:

Last edited:

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No worries. Also look into those nut and seed restrictions in the coming months. Kasza (buckwheat) is not the same as oats or wheat family grains. Nor seeds like sesame and poppy. Or curries! Same for nut diversity. Like in the Cantina, we have nuts of all varieties ;)

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
In case old school RPG gamers care, Ultima IV and the original Fallout are available for free right now on Good Old Games.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Coworker brought me a chocolate bunny this morning. But it's a "fairy bunny." There's something kind of badass about a bunny with wings... made even better by the whole chocolate thing.

well of course... wings make everything better

I really am going to instigate the use of the crock when I move... as I will have a moar better/useable kitchen, and dishwasher. And that I will be able to afford more than just hot dogs and tortillas.

Oh, and irritating kitty is really freaking irritating.

431551_10150678891542068_513657067_9280753_766632202_n.jpg

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
For no reason I can think of, I'm so tired today. I just want to nap or laze about. Really not an option right now, but bleh.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how many people here just use "vanilla" word processors and how many use something more comprehensive for novel writing, like that Scrivener program I keep hearing so much about? Does it actually make a noticeable difference in the process?

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
oh, and sorry - I love the feature where you can keep your "notecard" along with each scene/chapter - you can also look at it as an outline - I go back and forth.

You can also have "document" and "project" notes. You can also store photos and pdfs for research. There are character and setting cards - it's great. I love having all the research in one place!

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, how many people here just use "vanilla" word processors and how many use something more comprehensive for novel writing, like that Scrivener program I keep hearing so much about? Does it actually make a noticeable difference in the process?

I use Scrivener for first drafts and initial revisions, and for any big rewrites (like changing novella into a novel). I do all my final edits in Word.

It makes a noticeable difference in the ease of organizing and looking at the story at a high level. You can move scenes around and such, and label things to keep track of whatever (pov, what scenes you've already edited, etc.). Easily form and unform chapters, etc. It's just much easier to organize a novel into more manageable chunks with Scrivener.

It has made my writing life much easier, and imo, is totally worth the relatively low price.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bugz, just inject yourself with caffiene :)

True story: I've only once had an energy drink. It was the night before a combined anatomy lab exam in vet school (meaning double the material and questions). All of us nerds had to cram after a busy week of dissecting.

I was all but bouncing off the table with the donkey cadaver.

I don't recommend this, fyi :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And vanilla word for me.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When we had to dissect a shark in anatomy classes, my lab partner had a beast of a hangover. Needless to say that day, all twelve hours of it, I did most of the work cutting into the smelly and gross insides of the shark.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Tonights stupid question (three in a row, do I get to keep it now)

I have found details of a competition I think will be of interest particularly to folks in this here forum. Is there a particular spot for posting about competitions in this place or can I just stick something up under SFF somewhere?

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score

I am suspicious of scrivener.

I was all but bouncing off the table with the donkey cadaver.

I don't recommend this, fyi :)

I do recommend it, for anyone who had a donkey cadaver and wanted a second opinion.

:D

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Tonights stupid question (three in a row, do I get to keep it now)

I have found details of a competition I think will be of interest particularly to folks in this here forum. Is there a particular spot for posting about competitions in this place or can I just stick something up under SFF somewhere?

I've seen this sort of thing announced under Freelance/work for hire: networking or sharing leads. And I've seen individual threads for genre-specific competitions set up inside the genre area. Not sure whether one is more appropriate than the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.