Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard White

Stealthy Plot Bunny Peddler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcwhite.com
Luke Ski (known singer of demented songs) set the entire original Star Wars movie to the soundtrack from Grease. He performed it at Dragon*Con a couple of years ago at the intermission of the masquerade and it was an absolute frappin' riot.

Also, his "A Man named Jayne" is great also.

(Hey, if Doctor Demento will do a write-up for you, you're doing something right.)

And speaking of the Doctor, two songs he's played on his show a lot over the year with a SF/F feel to them: Star Trekkin' and The Cockroach that ate Cincinnati.

small axe

memento mori
Registered
Reaction score
The DIAMOND DOGS album by Bowie (but Bowie's just a gold mine of the stuff across several albums. Dogs is very "1984" inspired)

BLOWS AGAINST THE EMPIRE by Jefferson Airplane's Paul Kantner
("C'mon and Hijack The Starship! Our babes will wander naked through the cities of the Universe!") He supposedly got sf writer Robert Heinlein's permission after using so many of his ideas.

Starship lyrics
http://www.allyrics.net/p/1839/Paul_Kantner-lyrics/56798/_Starship/index.htm

In The Year 2525 by ... I have no idea who did that. But it's trippy.

Hendrix's 1983 (A merman I shall turn to be) is a cool trippy vibed thing (Electric Ladyland is more acidy fantasy though I suppose)

PINK FLOYD 's stuff always lends itself to sci fi dreams too, obviously ... either SF or madness or both.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.