Live Vote - Give President Obama a Grade

If you were grading Barack Obama on his performance as president, what would he get?

• He gets an A

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • He gets a B

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • He gets a C

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • He gets a D

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • He gets an F

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
oh. yes such a minor distinction.

but i will have to declare jihad on you nevertheless, infidel.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
A. He's mobilized congress, and has a lot of people on his side, doing what he wants them to do. Whether that's in our best interest, time alone will tell.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
A grade? You want a grade? It's been less than two months. A fry cook at McDonalds gets a 2-month trial period, so let's give the guy with the most complicated job in the world a little more time, eh?

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
A grade? You want a grade? It's been less than two months. A fry cook at McDonalds gets a 2-month trial period, so let's give the guy with the most complicated job in the world a little more time, eh?

But I want my change now.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Stephanie - he and his administration are apparently completely impotent in the face of a corrupt "thiefdoms" like AIG. He did a "Bush" in signing/authorizing all kinds of special interest spending because he wanted to "move on" to today's business. Well it is today's business.
So far, he's shown no back-bone at all in a time when we need it the most, to reverse a threatening and oppressive trend in a free society, that of corporate and wealth domination to the detriment of the citizens' well being and the health of the planet, not to mention coming up short on the basic task of economic stability.

Last edited:

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Stephanie - he and his administration are apparently completely impotent in the face of a corrupt "thiefdoms" like AIG. He did a "Bush" in signing/authorizing all kinds of special interest spending because he wanted to "move on" to today's business. Well it is today's business.
So far, he's shown no back-bone at all in a time when we need it the most, to reverse a threatening and oppressive trend in a free society, that of corporate and wealth domination to the detriment of the citizens' well being and the health of the planet, not to mention coming up short on the basic task of economic stability.

Hm. Gotta go read about this... links? Or must I type my own three words into Google News?

###

I love that "He did a Bush" is entering the common vernacular, to mean, "A fuck up."

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hm. Gotta go read about this... links? Or must I type my own three words into Google News?

###

I love that "He did a Bush" is entering the common vernacular, to mean, "A fuck up."

Sad but true, Bart. Lol. . . . What do you want to read about? I think AIG is all over the place, and Timmy has already said there's naught he can do about the bonuses, which is of course, is absurd. You know about the earmarks, right? So what would you like links to??

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
And, I lowered his grade to conincide with his "pay grade" on the issue of protecting the weakest members of society, the unborn. Yes, Barrack is living up to his pay grade.

NDG

This is why I would give him an F. The bill on his desk (or has it been signed?) to overturn every single law regarding abortion, to make partial abortion legal, to let children under 18 have an abortion without parental consent...don't even get me started. F for me.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Sad but true, Bart. Lol. . . . What do you want to read about? I think AIG is all over the place, and Timmy has already said there's naught he can do about the bonuses, which is of course, is absurd. You know about the earmarks, right? So what would you like links to??

I can't find what I'm looking for, which would be a link that says whether Obama specifically OKed the earmarks, or whether he let them pass through because that was what he needed to get Congress to work with him.

I want to know which interest groups are fucking me, I guess. Whether the three congressmen that supposedly represent me are actually working for me, or just stuffing money toward the people that got them elected.

Last edited:

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
This is why I would give him an F. The bill on his desk (or has it been signed?) to overturn every single law regarding abortion, to make partial abortion legal, to let children under 18 have an abortion without parental consent...don't even get me started. F for me.

Meh, I'm not crazy about his stance on abortion, but he's always been upfront about that.

Abortion is more of a moral issue, though, and it's tough to legislate morality.

You don't stop abortion by making it illegal. You stop abortion by educating people on contraceptives and teaching them responsible sexual behavior.

Hence, this is sort of a non-issue when it comes to voting for politicians for me.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Meh, I'm not crazy about his stance on abortion, but he's always been upfront about that.

Abortion is more of a moral issue, though, and it's tough to legislate morality.

You don't stop abortion by making it illegal. You stop abortion by educating people on contraceptives and teaching them responsible sexual behavior.

Hence, this is sort of a non-issue when it comes to voting for politicians for me.

Abortion is not a moral issue. It's murder.

I do agree that making it illegal won't help everyone. Before it became legal, there were always those dirty "doctors" that made money from a folding table and rusty knife. Education is crucial. But not just about contraceptives. About the fact that abortion is murder.

I apologize though. I just derailed this thread. This wasn't about abortion. But Obama supports it and wants to allow it on every level...and that disgusts me. It always has.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
Ha ha, that McCain was a silly bitch.

silly bitches, indeed.

But on Sunday, that optimistic message came from economic adviser Christina Romer. When asked during an appearance on NBC's Meet the Press if the fundamentals of the economy were sound, she replied: "Of course they are sound."

"The fundamentals are sound in the sense that the American workers are sound, we have a good capital stock, we have good technology," she said. "We know that — that temporarily we're in a mess, right? We've seen huge job loss, we've seen very large falls in GDP. So certainly in the short run we're in a — in a bad situation."

Just a week ago, White House Office of Management and Budget director Peter Orszag declared that "fundamentally, the economy is weak."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090315/ap_on_go_pr_wh/obama_economy

video:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/29705783#29705783

“But if we are keeping focused on all the fundamentally sound aspects of our economy,” he added, “all the outstanding companies, workers, all the innovation and dynamism in this economy, then we’re going to get through this. And I’m very confident about that.” - Barack Obama

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/14/us/politics/14message.html?_r=1

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Abortion is not a moral issue. It's murder.

I do agree that making it illegal won't help everyone. Before it became legal, there were always those dirty "doctors" that made money from a folding table and rusty knife. Education is crucial. But not just about contraceptives. About the fact that abortion is murder.

I apologize though. I just derailed this thread. This wasn't about abortion. But Obama supports it and wants to allow it on every level...and that disgusts me. It always has.

I agree with your stance on abortion.

It's one of the things that I don't like about Obama. But again, that's just one small facet of what the president does. Giving him an "F" on that basis alone is kinda harsh.

Jcomp

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I gave him some dap...

SC Harrison

Dances With Hamsters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
People are giving him an F because they expected an immediate change.

No, they're giving him an "F" because this MSNBC poll was reported/linked to from all the big conservative websites (Freerepublic, Townhall, Hannity, etc.) shortly after it went live, and then it was reposted by hundreds of smaller conservative sites nationwide, including a few Canadian sites I came across.