Security certificate errors

cornetto

Registered
Reaction score
I keep getting a pop up alert telling me that IE has "blocked this website from displaying content with security certificate errors". It shows up every time I click and it's driving me crazy.

This just started when I came back about an hour ago ad it's only on this site.

How do I make it go away?

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it just started doing that for me, too. I trust AW, so I clicked on it and clicked on the option to display anyway.

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Same here. I've logged out, emptied my browser history, removed cookies, done a Superantispyware scan, and it does the same thing even when I come back as a guest through Google rather than my bookmark/favourite. I'm on IE but planning to download Chrome later tonight.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
We'll take a look, guys -- rest assured it's not actually a security risk, in terms of browsing or posting, okay?

It's possibly an artifact from the old days, when the site was actually more of a commerce site, with a shopping cart and such. For whatever reason, it sounds like IE has just started objecting to the lack of a recognizeable cert, or the location, or the format, or heaven only knows quite what. IE very much has its own strange parameters and expectation. :)

Thanks for the heads-up!

BardSkye

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Many thanks, Oh Great Leader. I figured it was just IE messing around again when the usual fixes didn't work. Time to get off my lazy butt and get a decent browser downloaded.