Share Your Successes!

NewKidOldKid

diplomat
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! I'd be very impressed if you manage to stay away from authorcentral :)

EngineerTiger

Writing HF Again, Thank God
Registered
Reaction score
Website
grayarmybrat.com
Well done, Calle. As for Author Central and obsessing...most new "parents" really can't keep their eyes of their brand new baby. Hope things go very well for you and look forward to your updates.

ripple

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nanonoodle.com
Ereader News Today and Pixel of Ink

To increase the chance they will mention your book when it is free, give them a lead time... perhaps a month... and having reviews is helpful, too

Good luck!

Calle Jay

Romance Novelist & Freelance Editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.callejbrookes.com
Well done, Calle. As for Author Central and obsessing...most new "parents" really can't keep their eyes of their brand new baby. Hope things go very well for you and look forward to your updates.

Thanks! I'm forcing myself away from authorcentral. It's been hard, and I've slipped a few times (ok, a few dozen)...but...

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
WOOT Nick! You are amazing!

Not sure if this is a good place to post this, but I thought it would interest those of you who have only recently self-published your book. I just interviewed an author whose self-published book has reached #1 overall on Amazon UK and #4 on Amazon US. I'm still wowing at it myself. Just if anyone cares...

Nick Russell

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
An excellent interview. Now I need to go buy the book! :)

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks! I actually learned of the author after looking at your book, Nick, and I found hers in the "customers also bought" category.

Nick Russell

Registered
Reaction score
Ripple, I've always been a legend in my own mind :)

Great interview!

Nick Russell

Registered
Reaction score
I have been reading the first book in the Black Knights of the Hudson series, by Beverly C Gray, known as EngineerTiger here, and I just left my review of it on Amazon. I have to tell you that I read a lot, and this was without a doubt the very best book I have read in years. Well done, Beverly, I can't wait to read the rest of the series. You are my new favorite author. Here is a link to the book and my Amazon review. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006WP73RK/?tag=absowrit-20

EngineerTiger

Registered
Reaction score
Website
grayarmybrat.com
As I related in my PM to you, Nick, I'm completely overwhelmed. Thanks so much for taking the time to read the first book and for the review. I really appreciate it.

Elena Andrews

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elenaandrews.blogspot.com
Ended several weeks of prepping my taxes and helping organize little league schedules by getting back into my writing and putting Run Like Hell up for free today again.

Ranks 7 for Thrillers and 3 for Contemporary Fiction. So exciting. http://amzn.to/A9Tsfs

Need to wrap up the new book though. Just always like seeing the book ranked that high. One day it'll be there for paid sales...but at least people are reading it and seemingly enjoying it.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Elena, that's quite an accomplishment. Great rank. I have a thriller coming out next month--hope I can do the same.

I'm still managing to sell copies with little or no promo and exhausted free trials. It has a small momentum that hasn't left. Yet. I can only see that as favorable. My page views and subscriptions for my newish blog are still climbing and I appreciate all the comments.

Good luck to the rest of you, and keep the faith.

Tri

Nick Russell

Registered
Reaction score
Keep at it, Tri, the best is yet to come

Elena Andrews

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elenaandrews.blogspot.com
Elena, that's quite an accomplishment. Great rank. I have a thriller coming out next month--hope I can do the same.

I'm still managing to sell copies with little or no promo and exhausted free trials. It has a small momentum that hasn't left. Yet. I can only see that as favorable. My page views and subscriptions for my newish blog are still climbing and I appreciate all the comments.

Good luck to the rest of you, and keep the faith.

Tri

Good luck with it. I just relaunched a new website. Hoping to do cross promotion and maybe author interviews to get some buzz going. PM me when you're close to having the book debut and maybe we can do something

EngineerTiger

Registered
Reaction score
Website
grayarmybrat.com
"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming." Water is fine, Justin, and there is plenty of room for all of us.

Ooo, Tri, another pre-quel? Good, I'll add it to the other one that I've downloaded that I will get to once I finish reading Nevil Shute (I had no idea he was so prolific and most of the books are out in eBook now).

Well done, Elena. I hope things keep going well.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Thanks, Engineer. I'll announce it here once we're live. And, yes, when I need a shot of happiness or hope, I pop into this thread. This thread actually gave birth to my newish Blog, which has really taken off and served me well. I got most of my promo/marketing ideas from this thread and the great writers here. And you know what? IT'S WORKED!

My publisher even read this thread and came away dazed by everything he thought he knew. Now we work in concert together to take full advantage of Amazon and everything it can do for us. Notice I said "for" us, and not "to" us.

Tri

sjboyer

Registered
Reaction score
Wow! You guys are amazing! And what great inspiration to keep clicking away!!!