Wordpress add on

artemis31386

All around miscreant
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleymchristman.com
I am trying to get the wordpress add on to work on my site and I can't get it to log me into the admin profile on wordpress. I've already adjusted the SQL database so on my host site's end, everything is good. It's just getting into wordpress to be able to work.

Can someone help me? Does it take a day or two for wordpress to register that its been added on and accept the new login and password?

Deleted member 42

I'm assuming you used a one-click install on your host to install WordPress. If you're talking about wordpress.com, then ignore the following.

At the end of that, you should have been given a URL to go to, that asked you for your email address, and provided you with a temp login of Admin and a random password.

Did that happen?

artemis31386

All around miscreant
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleymchristman.com
I'm assuming you used a one-click install on your host to install WordPress. If you're talking about wordpress.com, then ignore the following.

At the end of that, you should have been given a URL to go to, that asked you for your email address, and provided you with a temp login of Admin and a random password.

Did that happen?

I am referring to the one-click install on my host.

I did receive the random login. I also set up a password and was given a link. It doesn't work when I try to login though.

Deleted member 42

I am referring to the one-click install on my host.

I did receive the random login. I also set up a password and was given a link. It doesn't work when I try to login though.

1. What happens when you try to log in? Keep in mind that the password and ID are case sensitive, so A is not the same as a.

2. Have you tried re-setting the Admin password?

Dozmonic

Registered
Reaction score
Are you using something like NoScript, a plugin or security level that prevents scripts from running? That'll limit wordpress interactivity somewhat

Deleted member 42

It just stays on the login page. I have kept in mind that its case sensitive. And I have tried resetting the password.

I'd try another browser, and if you still have the same problem, I'd go to your script panel/C Panel/Fantastico or whatever control system your host uses, uninstall, and reinstall.