Status
Not open for further replies.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
What's all this about a Zombie Horse, eh?

From last night's episode of Game of Thrones.

Anyone else tired of zombies?

I vote for a unicorn apocalypse. Unicorns destroying the world is a lot more horrifying than dead people.

While not tired of zombies, I can fully support this unicorn apocalypse plan.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
Oooh. Link, please?

http://jimbutcher.livejournal.com/

You'll need to scan through it, there's an absolute heap of stuff about scene and sequel and pov and plotting and...oh, just go read, it's very good. (That's not an order by the way)

Also - http://www.sff.net/odyssey/podcasts.html are very useful as well. There's a blog in there somewhere with some helpful author interviews too.

ION, I made jacket potatoes for lunch, one of them exploded all over the microwave. Huzzah!

Now, back to stargate sg1. Will the good guys blow up the bad guys before we get back to earth?

Last edited:

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
While not tired of zombies, I can fully support this unicorn apocalypse plan.

This.

Although, if one had to go, it'd be much more interesting to go via Bloody Rainbow Unicorn Zombie Horde than plain old Vanilla Human Zombie Horde.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Rabid Unicorn - which looks a lot like it could be a zombie unicorn, too.

:D

Maybe he had a bad day at work. Geeze. So judgemental.

Although livestock with rabies do tend to self mutilate, so let's just nuke it from space. Only way to be sure.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Now, back to stargate sg1. Will the good guys blow up the bad guys before we get back to earth?

Of course. Why would this even be a question? ;)

And I think you guys are missing point of the Unicorn Apocalypse. They're not zombie unicorns, just plain old rainbow pooping unicorns. Albeit, angry ones. And they don't eat people they impaled you with their horns and drown you in rainbow shit. And sparkles.

*shifty eyes* I'm sure y'all can guess who their queen is.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
They're not zombie unicorns, just plain old rainbow pooping unicorns. Albeit, angry ones. And they don't eat people they impaled you with their horns and drown you in rainbow shit. And sparkles.

And we know what happens when we shoot them, right?

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so very, very sorry.

But it's all Hillz's fault.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Global warming and sea level rise will flood your country long before the zombies arrive.

You'll be fine.

:e2drown:

Global warming would flood my country? I am curious as to how that would happen :evil

Glitter rock, yes?

:Guitar:

Don't diss the glitter rock, dude.

Or, as I call it, "Evening Wear."

prettyboyfloyd9.jpg

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Global warming would flood my country? I am curious as to how that would happen :evil

Isn't yours the one that's below sea level with the dikes and the walls and little boys with fat fingers sticking them where they don't belong?

Or is that the other country with windmills?

So hard to keep all you Europeans straight.

:idea:

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website

10s, you are terrible. ;)

Isn't yours the one that's below sea level with the dikes and the walls and little boys with fat fingers sticking them where they don't belong?

Or is that the other country with windmills?

Speaking as someone who lives 6m above sea level, I would also be curious as to how global warming would sink this part of the country. If sea level rises I suspect I'd end up in an acid bath. I live in the part of the UK where they produce all that acid rain that kills off German forestry and Danish and Norwegian lakes.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Way to freak me out (even more), dude :(

Heh. If I *wanted* to freak people out, there are a dozen very plausible apocalypse scenarios which are much, much more terrifying. :D I have been collecting them...

Aren't the national stereotypes good enough for Americans any more?

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning!

Rabid Unicorn - which looks a lot like it could be a zombie unicorn, too.

That's horrifying.

Or, as I call it, "Evening Wear."

Also horrifying. And should be QB'd.

And we know what happens when we shoot them, right?

I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm so very, very sorry.

But it's all Hillz's fault.

You can never make up for that. Never. It is burned into my brain. The worst part was, I had to watch it until the end. *shudders*

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Aren't the national stereotypes good enough for Americans any more?

French wear berets.

Germans have those square glasses.

The Brits talk funny.

Beyond that? They all (you all) just get lumped together.

:Shrug:

ETA: Except the Scots, because they have a dress code.

Last edited:

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking as someone who lives 6m above sea level, I would also be curious as to how global warming would sink this part of the country.

Your country isn't her country, unless I am mistaken and England has begun reviving the British Empire again by annexing low-lying parts of Europe.

Which were the parts I was referring to. You know, the ones with significant portions of their land *already* below sea level (albeit protected by sea walls), which might be cause for concern as sea levels rise further.

And if you're trying to say sea level isn't rising, I have some friends in the South Pacific who would very much like to argue with you.

:)

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Your country isn't her country, unless I am mistaken and England has begun reviving the British Empire again by annexing low-lying parts of Europe.

Which were the parts I was referring to. You know, the ones with significant portions of their land *already* below sea level (albeit protected by sea walls), which might be cause for concern as sea levels rise further.

And if you're trying to say sea level isn't rising, I have some friends in the South Pacific who would very much like to argue with you.

No, my country isn't 10s country, and I think we are both totally screwed in the sea level rise problem. I think the rather pedantic point I was making (and 10s too) is that you said global warming AND sea level rise would make her country sink. That's two things. Neither of us is debating the sea level rise, that's a given. How is global warming going to sink us Bos? *Envisages country being overloaded by mosquitoes - ew! mosquito apoxyclips, yuk!*

I saw a map several years ago, about projected sea level rise and which bits of the country would survive. Where I am right now was definitely underwater, but 20 miles south of here was high and dry. I hope they are ready for the great unwashed heading their way. The map showed most of the south of the country underwater, having lived in bits of it, i shan't be sorry to see it go. Perhaps we'll all be ruled by the Scots. Now that would be a turn around (again, seem to recall it happened at the end of the last Elizabethan age, perhaps history will repeat itself)

Last edited:

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Myeah. But, and this is the important part: global warming itself doesn't flood countries. The consequences of global warming might. :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
French wear berets.
Unless they are French basques in which case they wear txapela - related to French 'chapeau'. They give out txapela as traditional prizes in competitions, as in the cycle race Clásica de San Sebastiá, known in the cycling world as 'the race for the hat'.

ner ner nah ner ner.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
:roll: I was following the earlier zombie posts, and EVERYONE should be prepared. :D You wouldn't want to be without some sort of plan when the shambling undead begin to mass.

I'm a civil servant. We just stick them behind a desk and put them in charge of interacting with students. Problem solved!

I'm going to be gone for a few hours. Going swimming with the children and hubby.

Yay for you! Don't drown!

In other news, one of the cats got very loud about wanting to go out last night at 2am, so I trudged downstairs, half-asleep, and flung open the front door to let him out. Except, uh, I didn't really move my foot out of the way. Took out a good chunk of flesh from my big toe, bent the nail back about half-way down, and it's all filled with blood underneath now. It hurt quite a bit, and I may have used some Foul Language. Kitty fled into the night.

Today it still hurts a lot, but not the weep-like-a-little-girl agony I was expecting. Keeping it elevated. Because, you know, I needed some extra challenge to spice up my move.

Eh, I'm such a whiner. Actually things are going pretty well, I just hurt places.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think the rather pedantic point I was making (and 10s too) is that you said global warming AND sea level rise would make her country sink.

Myeah. But, and this is the important part: global warming itself doesn't flood countries. The consequences of global warming might. :D

Again, you guys talk funny. :tongue:

I stand by my original sentence. I could go back and fix it to say "subsequent" sea level rise, which would satisfy you two pedants, but I'm content with the grammar and context being clear enough.

:Lecture:

Besides, I'll be high and dry, and neither of you is now welcome here.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Unless they are French basques in which case they wear txapela - related to French 'chapeau'.

If I can't pronounce it, and I can't, then it doesn't count.

Really, you act as though you know nothing of how we Americans make these determinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.