Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
So, how is everyone today?

Good. :D

I checked out the Pittsburgh Public Market, bought a bottle of semi-dry red wine, a thing of smoked havarti from a local dairy farm, some blueberry butter, and champagne jam. And a cup of Lady Grey tea.

If I hadn't had a meeting at 1:30, I would have bought more stuff, but I had to get back to the office.

And I was reminded of how much my previous job was sucking my soul today because my current job continues to rock my socks. And I'm not really doing anything all that different. I think it's the atmosphere and the people.

On the writing front, I've done nada lately, except edit. Lots of editing. I may have to cut back on that side job to get some writing done.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
and I won't have to listen to the histrionics of my coworkers.

Win-Win!

Sometimes, just sometimes, particularly when it's concerning people you dislike, histrionics can be the highlight of the day.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
And I was reminded of how much my previous job was sucking my soul today because my current job continues to rock my socks. And I'm not really doing anything all that different. I think it's the atmosphere and the people.

This makes me so happy, Amergina. Seriously. Really happy for you.

I had that similar kind of switch about a year and a half ago. Life is still good, and it's hard to think back to how unhappy and exhausted the previous gig left me.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Sometimes, just sometimes, particularly when it's concerning people you dislike, histrionics can be the highlight of the day.

but seriously... listening to one co-worker battle with a particularly horrid boss is cringe-worthy... It's like I want to curl up in the corner and rock back and forth holding my knees.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
your purchases sound exotic and exciting!

That's great about the job!

I'm starting to look forward to our move at work - I understand we will all have our own offices, and I won't have to listen to the histrionics of my coworkers.

Win-Win!

yay non-shared office!

I share my office with two others, but that's okay. They're both very quiet. And we have a window.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I have noticed that making babies can really cramp your writing style and routine.

It's not so much the making of them as the growing and hatching of them :)

And did Zan see Eye's link?!

I didn't, I've had a busy day. Will backtrack in a mo' to see if I can find it. Thanks for the headsup.

Haz anyone missed me at all???

Wow, that's gorgeous! No wonder you were so antsy about getting the place, it's fantastic. I wish you much, magical, good writing there.

And I was reminded of how much my previous job was sucking my soul today because my current job continues to rock my socks.

Yay! I hope to have that very same feeling, one job from now.

And now, it's Friday evening, which means Pizza Night, so I'll see y'all later :)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and for your enjoyment:

epic-fail-photos-good-shows-will-not-be-televised1.jpg

So true. And I know this because I've FINALLY seen Firefly. At least the first eightish episodes.

Haz anyone missed me at all???

I have some internets bck, tho I still need a new cord. I couldn't wait any longer... I feel so out of time... anyone got a sum up of the last week?

So missed you!!!

Good. :D

I checked out the Pittsburgh Public Market, bought a bottle of semi-dry red wine, a thing of smoked havarti from a local dairy farm, some blueberry butter, and champagne jam. And a cup of Lady Grey tea.

If I hadn't had a meeting at 1:30, I would have bought more stuff, but I had to get back to the office.

On the writing front, I've done nada lately, except edit. Lots of editing. I may have to cut back on that side job to get some writing done.

That is so awesome.

I took my friend, an extreme noob to gardening, to Lowes with her husband and helped them decide what to get and how to put together a container garden. She was so excited, and I had fun filling her head with info. And before the shopping they came to see my garden which was mostly covered in preparation for tonights frost.

And I bought strawberries :D

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and B, your place is awesome. Very serene park feel.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I took my friend, an extreme noob to gardening, to Lowes with her husband and helped them decide what to get and how to put together a container garden. She was so excited, and I had fun filling her head with info.

Sometime this summer or next spring, I may also pick your brains for info. I am contemplating the Keeping of Chickens.

ETA: assuming the house comes through, of course. *still* waiting.

Midian

My sarcasm got the better of me.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkslingereditorialservices.com
Went to the doctor today for severe back pain. He said it sucks to get old.

Heh.

Sure does. But is 37 really that old? I don't feel old...well...except for the pain in my back and the gray hair exploding all over my head and I think I'm getting crow's feet.

Sigh.

Zanjan said:
I am contemplating the Keeping of Chickens.

Yummy fresh eggs!

Nice!

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sure does. But is 37 really that old? I don't feel old...well...except for the pain in my back and the gray hair exploding all over my head and I think I'm getting crow's feet.

Not the years, it's the miles.

And two out of those three complaints sound frighteningly familiar... though I don't mind the grey so much, even if it does seem to be increasing exponentially year by year.

:D

Midian

My sarcasm got the better of me.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkslingereditorialservices.com
though I don't mind the grey so much, even if it does seem to be increasing exponentially year by year.

The gray is such a recent phenomenon for me. I found my first gray hair at 24 but it was only one or two strays that I came across occasionally until about two years ago. It wouldn't be so bad if it were a cool Bonnie Raitt streak in the front or even a nice Emmy Lou Harris all-over silver.

Instead I get these scraggly broken guitar strings all over the place that just muddy my hair.

Where's the colorist?

*heads to the salon*

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Colorist?

Pfft, please. I have no objections to going gray. Beats going bald, certainly.

Of course, my hair is also fairly short.

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
Hey all.

Sorry this is a drive by post. I'm sick yet again, so I might be on and off again. Just wanted to check in and say hi to everyone.

Take it easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.