Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
My mother's yelling at her mom. Which makes sense, 'cause her mom's being looney-tunes. Well, not clinically.

Octave

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
On the cracked sidewalks of a fading city
AllAboutWords: I think most of us find mistakes in the middle of writing a first draft. :) The key is to plod onwards anyway and make notes to change whatever we found out we needed to change. Maybe you can write down all the changes you need to make in the beginning in a notepad and go on with the story as if you've changed the beginning?

And hey Thalia, Taylor.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
AllAboutWords: I think most of us find mistakes in the middle of writing a first draft. :) The key is to plod onwards anyway and make notes to change whatever we found out we needed to change. Maybe you can write down all the changes you need to make in the beginning in a notepad and go on with the story as if you've changed the beginning?

And hey Thalia, Taylor.

Yeah, that's a point. I asked Ally to go through it and make notes, and although, yeah, I feel a little disheartened by the bad things, I'll put them to one side and try to pretend nothings wrong until I finish it and then think "Right. Now where to start?" lol

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Kath-- usually, when people crit a book, they're looking at not only bad things, but things that you could make even better. Like, say, when Ari finished MAAH and I asked her for comments. If you like, ask Ally to tell you something, just one thing, she quite liked about the book. And it always makes you feel better.

I am a terrible beta, because I am bad at critting on the computer for lots of text. I am good at betaing for people I know IRL, because then I can print it out and go at it in pen.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I won't be here a lot today. I got a job of helping down at the shed. Gonna get paid, too :) heh :tongue

So, talk later!

vintagegirl

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Kajsa! I'm Tally, and I would argue that I'm the biggest Glee fan here (though I'm sure others would fight me for that title :tongue ) You are totally welcome here whenever and however long you like. We like everybody here.

If you're curious, I'm fifteen.

Since you've answered one twiftie question, here's the other: What genre do you write?

Hi!
Awesome to just disappear (well...go to sleep) and then come back to be completely off-topic and answer a question. Don't mind me, just derailing a little! :)
I'm a YA writer, which I still think is weird since I never, ever considered that I was before starting to do some 'serious' writing. But lately I've been getting into it big time and realising that YA is awesome and incredible and so yeah, now I'm proud to say that I write YA. :)

Glee is amazing! One of the few shows I follow for reals and one of the few shows I'm really nerdy about (Doctor Who and HIMYM being the other ones) though Harry Potter will always be my nerd heaven. :D

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, guys. :) I have to write a narrative. It's due Monday and I haven't even figured out what I'm going to write about.

What's a narrative in this context? Is it some strange American invention?

Kyrie

Queen of Adverbs (unfortunately)
Registered
Reaction score
So, a personal essay? I had to take a whole class on that and it was awful. :( I hope you think of something, HR!

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
When I had to do that for my creative writing class last semester I just told the story of why Disneyland is absolutely *NOT* the "happiest place on Earth." It wasn't a great story, and I couldn't remember some of the details, so some of it wasn't entirely accurate.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Ely. How's it going?

I think I've found my perfect writing music for Underdogs -- mostly for long sessions, moments when I dunno what to listen to and inspiration. And just when I want epicness.

Status
Not open for further replies.