For once, I took a stand...

Broadswordbabe

I'd rather be a cat.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gaiesebold.com
Way to go, Ben. Wish I had your guts. I now plan to use an umbrella as a symbol of bravery! And if you're ever in London, big drinks on me.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know how tall you are, Ben, but on that day, you stood beyond NBA dimensions. You inspire me to be a better man.

gypsyscarlett

Ma fin est mon commencement
Registered
Reaction score
That was truly great of you!!!! :Thumbs:

Maybe you should change your name to John Steed. Don't mess with a gentleman with an umbrella!

Honalo

Registered
Reaction score
Ben, what sort of super hero costume do you wear? Does it have a big U on the chest (for umbrella)?
Seriously, that took a lot of guts. Was the girl very hurt? And I'm also wondering: Did you get a sense of how many onlookers there were before you finally stepped in and did something?
You are a true hero and a gentleman.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:Thumbs::partyguy: :Hail::Hail::e2cheer::e2cheer::e2woo:
:TheWave::e2woo:

Awesome and way to go. You should be proud

And for the cowardly little shit who was tough enough to smack a woman around but run from the cops
:e2moon::e2moon::e2moon:

MsK

Registered
Reaction score
Wow- that was a brave thing to do. Going umbrella shopping today? :)

Oberon

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Ben, you renew our faith in the human race. I think the rest of us males here are wondering, would I have had the guts? Heroes are not the fearless ones, they are the ones who act in spite of their fear. Congratulations! Was the woman thankful?

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ben, what sort of super hero costume do you wear? Does it have a big U on the chest (for umbrella)?
Seriously, that took a lot of guts. Was the girl very hurt? And I'm also wondering: Did you get a sense of how many onlookers there were before you finally stepped in and did something?
You are a true hero and a gentleman.
I'm not sure how injured she was, if at all. I do remember seeing her at one point, lying on the ground and gagging. Paramedics came but she didn't go in the ambulance with them. Two women happened to see it start about half a block and had called the police by the time I'd approached, and there were at least two others; one more was a plain-clothes officer, I think, and there was also a security guard from the building where all this was happening. So, I'm guessing a good five or six others on scene. I was crossing the street at the time and just kept moving in the direction of the assault, so I have no clue if anybody else was headed that way.

SLThomas

Registered
Reaction score
Yup, good for you! The Man With The Umbrella.

A couple of years ago I saw on a fairly busy street here a guy (looked no more than 20) hit what seemed to be his girlfriend.The girl was wearing a veil and she gave me a look that said thank you...He punched her in the face while they were at a bus stop. I had gone the copy shop and about to cross the street when I heard yelling in Farsi. It was the douchebag; he was fairly short but unfortunetly his g-f was shorter. I remember yelling all kinds of insults at him...If he would have touched me I think that I would have gone nuts and kick him and stuff. What was strange was that it happened on a usually busy street but there was nobody on the streets, and it was on a weekday at lunchtime.

They left together; that was four years ago. Hope they're not married! :(

The whole thing lasted less than 30 seconds, but it seemed as if it lasted for five minutes. I was on full adrenaline rush after that!

S-L