Writting Re-Rookie Joins Absolute Write

Collen McGee

Registered
Reaction score
SAN ANTONIO, Texas -- An 18-year writting rookie took the plunge today and signed up on a well-known networking web site for writers. Her main goals are to just get to know the people and pick up a few tricks of the trade. She is willing to share any sparse knowledge with those who ask.
Collen McGee writes professionally for the U.S. Air Force Reserve and does a few freelance articles in local publications. She also volunteers her time at her Church in an effort to return to the Lord the use of the gifts and training He has afforded her.

OK can you tell I do a lot of featurized press releases? Yup - I'm always looking to reinvent myself and broaden my writing skills. That is why I'm an 18-year writting re-rookie.

My favorite stories are about people. People who do something for others. I admire fiction writers because I don't feel I'm creative enough to make up all of those believable details. That takes more talent than I have. So, I stick to searching for stories about real people so that I don't have to think so hard and to satisfy my natural curiosity about what makes people who they are.

I look forward to sharing and reading about every useful thing in the writing world.

Collen McGee

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW third person. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.

How do you like your popcorn?

copnovelist1

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.MichaelPhelpsNovels.com
WELCOME MS. McGEE,

AS A VETERAN OF THE UNITED STATES AIR FORCE, I SALUTE YOU! THANK YOU FOR SERVING! MY HIGH SCHOOL SWEETHEART WAS A BEAUTIFUL RED-HAIR-BLUE EYES, PATRICIA McGEE! write - - - write and continue writing!

GOD BLESS YOU!

MIKE

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and :welcome:

Tom Johnson

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www15.brinkster.com
Hi Collen, and welcome to the AW! I was stationed at Fort Sam Houston for three years (1961 to 1963), but I probably wouldn't recognize San Antonio today. God Bless!

"The Weed of Crime Bears Bitter Fruit!"

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Colleen!

Pssst! I wanted to point out the "writting" typo, too, but Deccy beat me to it. Well, and you're a Newbie and all.

Enjoy the ride!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Colleen. :welcome:

Make sure you introduce yourself to Jason Tudor, another writer for the AF Reserve.

And thanks for your service. :)

Klara kline

Registered
Reaction score
AW welcomes you to the cooler, and wants you to dig in and have fun.