Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Hehehe i'm a freaking weirdo... but your story of injuries made me feel like sharing.

I'm a very very clumsy person...I have scars covering my legs all over, that's why i rarely where shorts. But i've made a habit in LotF's to incorporate every scare IRL in the book... So the scar on my ankle i actual got shaving in the shower and slipped, in the 5th book was cased by a pointed crucifix being stabbed into my ankle by Hope a religious nutjob. The scares on my belly from the time i fell out of tree and really scraped my stomach up trying to stop myself when i was 10... in the books they were caused by a Monster who tired to kill me. Heheheh.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I'm playing a FB game, then I'm going to get some food, and then do more coursework.

Missus Akasha

I'm a monster. I'm a saint.
Registered
Reaction score
It's a pretty big faux pas, I think.

There is a good part I didn't think of: The sheer number of agents. A friend of mine sent hundreds of queries. HUNDREDS!

It was cray cray. Got him an agent too!

Oh, geez. I can only imagine how much it cost to mail all of those. I know a lot of agents are turning to e-querying, but I know there are a good chunk of them out there that are still wanting things the old fashion way.

All that postage. Querying the old fashion way would suck if you are a writer without a job.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
Well if you think about it now the postoffice has those boxes that ship for one flat rate. I've seen ones that could fit a MS and so its not that bad. But with Hundreds yeah thats a pretty penny!

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
That does make sense and would be the more affordable choice. I already have my dream list of literary agents that I compiled a few years back, LOL. If I can just pick a story and finish it instead of continuously coming up with new ideas, maybe I'll get a little closer to my goal.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
I almost solely equery. I generally assume that an agent who doesn't accept equeries is not a very electronical person, and though I don't count them out entirely, agents who email just seem so much easier to deal with.

But that's lucky for me, because most YA agents are internet users.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I've noticed that too, Tally. YA agents are very up-to-date kind of people. Blogs, twitter accounts, tumblr (my home), etc. They know what methods to catch the attention of YA readers.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
See, I, on the flip side, don't understand how a person can give up that easily.

I mean, this is what I want. This is my dream. And I know without a smidgen of doubt that it's going to happen. I know it. This dream is all of me. I sleep it, breathe it, bleed it. Nothing could make me give up.

So, to quote Han Solo, never tell me the odds.

This is so fundamentally irrational that I can only say that I don't share your beliefs.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I am so addicted to tumblr, it's not even funny, LOL. When I first signed up for tumblr, I was so confused by the system of things that I just gave up on it. But then I decided to give it a second chance a few weeks later and now I am in love.

Tumblr > Homework > Life

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I might contact my dream agency for an interview for uni. Is this a stupid thing to do, seeing as I want to submit to them one day?

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Did you know C.S.Lewis J.K Tolkien, and a few other famous writers all knew each other? Did you know that in one interview with Tolkiens son or grandson (i cant remember which) he said he dad/granddad often accounted his success to his fellow writer friends?

The Inklings! Some day I'd like to go to the Eagle and Child in Oxford where they used to meet up. Mmmm.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I don't get tumblr. Everything is nested inside everything else. I feel like I need a flowchart to figure out who said what.

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I don't get tumblr. Everything is nested inside everything else. I feel like I need a flowchart to figure out who said what.

It takes a while, Para. I gave up it the first time because it was so confusing, but it is actually easier once you learn the interface of it. It's basically microblogging.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I think if I went to the Eagle and Child, I would just be like... *________________________________________*

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I find it interesting! They all turned out to be such big hits because they helped eachother out. I dont know why but that makes me happy!

Anyway. So in TAJ i'm like a few K away from THE END!

So just wondering anyone here interesting in being a beta reader for The Amnesia Journey? Its a YA Fantasy that will be finishing up around 130-135K by the end of this week. To find out what its about here is a link. Its the second book down.

oooooh this sounds so good! *puts hand up* I'D LIKE TO BETA (if you'll let me!) I really like the sound of this book! eeeep

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I think if I went to the Eagle and Child, I would just be like... *________________________________________*

At least, they will remember your face if you make a good impression. Might help you out in the long run!

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
I love Tumblr. But NOT when my friend posts loads of food posts -.- lol makes me hungry!

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
This is so fundamentally irrational that I can only say that I don't share your beliefs.

But that's exactly how I feel about what YOU were saying! :tongue

I guess what my belief boils down to is when you want something - when you really want something, more than anything - you don't give up.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
The Inklings! Some day I'd like to go to the Eagle and Child in Oxford where they used to meet up. Mmmm.

I tried looking for it when i went to London on preview, but no one wanted to go with me, and i was terrified i'd get lost!!!!!!

oooooh this sounds so good! *puts hand up* I'D LIKE TO BETA (if you'll let me!) I really like the sound of this book! eeeep

YAY!!! I got one beta! Anyone else?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score

Also i agree with this completely. I stay far far far away from that site, it gives me a headache!!!

Missus Akasha

Registered
Reaction score
I love Tumblr. But NOT when my friend posts loads of food posts -.- lol makes me hungry!

Luckily, I don't get food posts. Instead I get funny posts and pictures of half-naked or fully naked people. ;o.o This is very odd especially when my mom is right behind me and I am happily scrolling and hearting different posts and BAM! Nakedness.

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
That just sounds really awkward. Yeah i'm diffidently staying away now.

Status
Not open for further replies.