WESTERN HUMOR CHALLENGE - January 09

Festus

No limits to imagination
Registered
Reaction score
Factual humor is no less funny than fictional humor. One of my favorites is a line from a Union General as he was standing on a balconey after he was warned by a junior officer of Confederate snipers, (paraphrased): "Them danged Reb's couldn't hit a eleph........"

Since our challenge is wide open as long as it's western related, some of you may want to submit some humorous story gleaned from western history, or you may just want to try your hand at humorous fiction.

All we want to do is laugh until the tears roll!

Some mighty good writers in this forum, we'd surely like you to submit to our challenge in SYW. :)

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, Historicals - I already told Festus he could count me in. Seems like some humor would be a good idea during the January freezes. It doesn't have to be based on historical fact - just have a western setting and humor. Anyone up for joining in? Puma

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
You ought to try it, Jen. It's fun. Puma

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
One of my favorites is a line from a Union General as he was standing on a balconey after he was warned by a junior officer of Confederate snipers, (paraphrased): "Them danged Reb's couldn't hit a eleph........"
Just thought I'd drop in that it was General Sedgwick at the battle of Spotsylvania (1864).

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist..."
Shot under the left eye before he could finish the word 'distance'

That is all.