XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I started on the new WIP today. I have made little progress. 500 words. I keep skipping off for research. Then I blogged. Now researching new cars online. In other words, I should be using Write or Die to keep me focused.

Tomorrow morning, I will make myself get in my planned 2000 words. I will. Just you wait.

Do you use the Freedom app? It's the best money, as a writer, I've ever spent.

Plus I can use it to lock the computer so the kid can't go online and buy apps, the sneaky little bug.

Psychomacologist

The Sarcasm Fairy
Registered
Reaction score
Guuuuuuuuyyyyssssssss what's going onnnnn?

I got eaten by wedding planning. Ugh.

Whut up? what did I miss? I tried to read back but there was about ten pages...

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I went off on a huge Lizzie Borden streak yesterday....

and while I slept, I thought of ideas for stories. I dreamed I had an idea for a young adult regency story - now in the light of day, I don't know if it works, but it may go into one of my gothic stories. There was this room with all these hidden secret escape hatches.... weird. Oh, and besides Lizzie Borden, I was watching stuff on the Winchester Mystery House.

I watch Ghost Adventures. Don't judge me.

One of our pear trees has come loose on it's roots after all these high winds. Looks like we may have to stake it.

ION, I am going solid state! After the computer managed to wipe two floppy discs earlier when I was transferring files from my WP.

:Hammer:

Himself is now building me a computer from spare parts. The OS will be on one flash drive and I can save my files on another. No hard disc, no moving parts to speak of. No more lost files and wasted discs. Looks like the WP might be down the charity shop next week - although to be fair that's where I picked it up from so it only seems reasonable to recycle it so they can get some more money.

ETA: Bettie I think you can get the Oscars on YouTube or something these days. *I think this keyboard wants to live in the West Indies. Every time I write 'something' it misses the 'h'.*

Damn, your husband sounds handy. How do you get on the internet?? I mean, now, if you use a word processor?? Just wondering.

And the Oscars... I think there are exclusive onair things about those big live awards shows.

Also, velcro kitty is velcro kitty. I about to throw her across the room.

Still want nachos and diet coke. But I have to wash my hair if I'm going out in public with other humans. Aaaaand I have library books to return and one to pick up, so....

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Guuuuuuuuyyyyssssssss what's going onnnnn?

I got eaten by wedding planning. Ugh.

Whut up? what did I miss? I tried to read back but there was about ten pages...

Lots of things were missed. Welcome back :)

In random news, I went to the ebil Tractor Supply store. They are usually overpriced on certain things, but they had bean innoculant cheap (the garden center employee didnt know what the hell it was, and the manager was shocked it came in a seed pack, but thats another story on the failings of box stores). While there, I figured I could order 6 chicks because since I only want a few, a dire box store is my best bet. Frightful just went broody, so I need chickies in about 3 weeks, when she'll be ready for the round rocks I slid under her to hatch (and double in number, lol). Well next week is TSCs last week for peeps. Dire.

I need chickies! I just have to find another store.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
How do you get on the internet?? I mean, now, if you use a word processor?? Just wondering.
We are a multiple machine household with a CAT5 network cabling system du jour.

Seriously, we have a Linux machine upstairs, safe, reliable, does all the hard work and has the floppy disc drive and the printer.
Downstairs we have a Windooze machine, with two monitors, so we can watch Eurosport and he can do his university computer stuff, I'm using it now to surf the interwebz. All the computers and the printer are networked together and we get the internet via broadband and a router in the spare room / computer building workshop.

I have the WP and the floppy discs on a table across the room. So I write on the WP, convert the file into ASCII text (remember that!?) on the WP, then run it upstairs and read the file onto the computer and format it in OpenOffice if I need to.

The thing he's making me now will have a tiny Linux operating sysem on it with word processing software, I decided against the interwebz - too distracting - so I can save on the flash drive and then just put it on any other computer to email it or print it.

Easy peasy. *I would say that, I'm not the person who spends hours putting the darned thing together or getting my head around all the different systems so that they work, the man is a genius*

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Their name is rather misleading as they only have a few small tractors for sale. They prey on the hobby farmer and Joe outdoorsie. But if youre careful, not everything is overpriced.

In Oklahoma, the local equivalent store had wire fence marked up 250% compared to the local feed mill and ag store. I about died. One day I saw folks loading up some fence when I went in for something the feed mill didnt have. I mentioned the price of the same product at the store down the road. They looked at me in shock and disbelief and continued loading. When I exited the store they were pulling back in, clearly to return the product after doing a quick price check.

And yeah, it was the. Exact. Same. Product.

Buyer beware.

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Lots of things were missed. Welcome back :)

In random news, I went to the ebil Tractor Supply store. They are usually overpriced on certain things, but they had bean innoculant cheap (the garden center employee didnt know what the hell it was, and the manager was shocked it came in a seed pack, but thats another story on the failings of box stores). While there, I figured I could order 6 chicks because since I only want a few, a dire box store is my best bet. Frightful just went broody, so I need chickies in about 3 weeks, when she'll be ready for the round rocks I slid under her to hatch (and double in number, lol). Well next week is TSCs last week for peeps. Dire.

I need chickies! I just have to find another store.

you have the coolest shopping trips.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
It has snowed about four inches today, so far. Happy Frickin' Easter.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Hi all. Parents are in town.

Started the morning by taking my Macbook Pro into the Apple Store, as it autodownloaded software updates, and I installed them and it hung on the process for oh... 36 hours. Yeah. They fixed it without having to reinstall the system. :hooray:

Mom and I went to the local thrift store where all the clothing stores send their clothes they can't sell. I got three pants, four tops, and a purse for $40 bucks. All never-been-used.

Then we weeded the front beds. :Sun:The news said we're about 6 weeks ahead of our growing season here. :eek: Which explains why I have lilies coming up! Sheesh! And some of my dwarf irises are getting close to blooming.

Now, I'm making Easter bread and baking apple pies.

It's lovely here. If I could export my weather to you, Hillz, I would.

Fen: Good luck finding and picking up chicks.

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
Stinks to have snow right now. :( I will not share my weather as an act of kindness.

Writing a synopsis so I can break it out into an outline for the current WIP. I'm thinking super detailed outlining will really help minimize the revising in this story. Here's hoping!~

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Stinks to have snow right now. :( I will not share my weather as an act of kindness.

Somebody, unable to take this seasonal setback, may have just sent off resumes to companies in Arizona. :rolleyes: He's got no mental fortitude, I tell ya.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gina- I'd rather find and pick up hot intellectual men, but at least chicks are cuter. And when they grow up they serve a function.

you have the coolest shopping trips.

I try.

It has snowed about four inches today, so far. Happy Frickin' Easter.

It's only 60 here. I wish it was 70+ again. *ducks*

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mental scars are worse. Bring it on, Shoveler!

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
If you are using linux, then I suggest pyword for a word processor. I've only just started using it. But it goes full screen, only has the bare minimum of needed stuff, copy, paste, open save, it seems to work quick and easy.

It's only been a few days, but I like it.

Fen: Good luck finding and picking up chicks.

*Beavis laugh* Heh Heh Heh Heh

Gina- I'd rather find and pick up hot intellectual men, but at least chicks are cuter. And when they grow up they serve a function.

Oh. :cry:

But, I'm sure if you tried, you could find a function for Hot Intellectual Men.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Speaking of functions for men, I miss Dr Guy. Apparently he does not miss me because I believe he's been back a week. Maybe I should txt him and ask him to bring me more of his sausage. :e2brows:

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
I started on the new WIP today. I have made little progress. 500 words. I keep skipping off for research. Then I blogged. Now researching new cars online. In other words, I should be using Write or Die to keep me focused.

Tomorrow morning, I will make myself get in my planned 2000 words. I will. Just you wait.

Do you use the Freedom app? It's the best money, as a writer, I've ever spent.

Plus I can use it to lock the computer so the kid can't go online and buy apps, the sneaky little bug.

I just noticed these posts. I use Freedom and Write or Die, sometimes together. This is how focused I am at times. :(

They're both awesome. I'd totally recommend them, especially Freedom. If I'm zero drafting a story, I'll turn Freedom on for an hour or two, then use WorD in fifteen minute increments. Keeps me focused because I get small writing breaks, but I don't have the chance to get really distracted by the Internet shinies.

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
What's to judge? That show cracks me up. I can't decide which dude I want to tackle (nekkid) first!

This is why I like you. :) hahaha!

:yessmiley

Give him my email if he needs someone to conspire with to get you to move here. :D

seriously? I only hope the desert would truly contain her as the cold does...... is Arizona ready for her!?!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yard sale time for you! (One fairy's trash...)

Status
Not open for further replies.