A Life of Crime and Chocolate

MysteryRiter

Murder isn't so bad...
Registered
Reaction score
Haha, I've seen that before and it still took me a few seconds. I like how once you notice it, it seems so obvious and you can't help but see it.

I know what you mean! I feel like an idiot for not seeing it! :D

Haha first I thought the mistake was in the rainbow, kept repeating "blue indigo violet" to myself!

Me, too! My eyes were immediately drawn to the numbers!

Mysteryriter, I feel a bit smug that I got it right away - seven years proofing news and sports scripts for Scottish TV must actually have toned up my brain - however, how come I can't do the same for my own MS???
LOL. Those darn MSs! They never do anything for ya!

Mystery Riter. :roll:You're messing with my mind. (Mind you - there's not much mind to mess with.) :D

It messed with mine for about 5 minutes! :D

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Saturday morning here - any word on Dash? Poor little chap :(

Shakesbear

knows a hawk from a handsaw
Registered
Reaction score
French my thoughts are with you and Dash. Cyber hugs.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your support. it means so much.

I took Dashy to the doggy doctor yesterday afternoon with my Mum.
He told me he had hip dysplaysia, a pocket of jelly stuff had burst in his spine and the nerve signals from his brain to his back half weren't working properly.

It was going to cost me over $20,000 over the course of his life (with a large possibility of treatment not even working). The vet said without a doubt he will get worse, alot worse and it's going to be extremelly painful for him.

I have made the heart wrenching decision to send him to doggy heaven.
I've never cried so much over an animal before. He is more than a dog to me, he is more than a pet, he is my son.
He is my child and I love him more than words can say.

He isn't with me anymore but he will always remaine close to me. I only had him for less than 2 months but in those 2 months he has brough so much love and joy to my family.
I'm glad to say I knew him, he wa the best dog anyone could possibly have.

I will miss his cuddles, his company at night when the boys are asleep in their beds, I will miss the bad smells he makes, the furr he leaves all over me and my carpet, I will miss his talking. I will miss everything about him. He is gone, but never forgotten.

Love you Dashy-Boy. Always and forever. xx

song_of_calliope

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss - what a horrible thing to have to go through. You made absolutely the right decision, I'd have done exactly the same. Dashy won't have to suffer now thanks to your level head and loving actions.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You will miss him, French - I'm so sorry. I think you did the right thing, and he's very lucky to have had the time he did with you. Poor little chap. :cry:

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
French you absolutely made the right decision. Go you for thinking of him and making such an unselfish choice. You gave him a wonderful two months and a dignified end.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
I've just had to tell my sons about it. They hare just 4 and 3 so don't fully understand. I have told them he ran away to Doggy heaven and where ever he is he knows that we love him, and we know he loves us. I've told them that he is happy and safe and that he was the best friend any of us could have had.

They miss him, there were some tears (mostly mine to be honest) but they are happy we still have our cats. Our cats are the only ones who re happy with the fact that he is gone.

I'm in two minds as to whether i should get another one. I have been told it's best for my emotions, but I don't want to subject another dog to my terrible luck.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, French. (((hugs))) :cry: I'm so sorry he's gone. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. But thank God he had you for those two months, that he knew that unconditional love.

I do believe that dogs go to heaven (of course I do), and right now he's sitting in God's lap with a big smile, pain-free and ready to go for a run. (((hugs)))

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Cross-posted with you. I was wondering how everyone else was dealing. Glad the cats are coping! :)

Give yourself a bit of time before you think about another dog, at least a few days. You're such a fabulous mom and if you decide you have the room in your home and heart for someone else, I'm sure there's plenty of dogs who would be incredibly lucky to land in your loving arms.

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so so sorry to hear about Dash, French. :Hug2:

I know it doesn't help at the moment, but you did the right thing by him. There's no greater show of love than putting his needs before your own.

Thinking of you and your family.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Gah! My eyes! Doc, would you be a sweetheart and email the text to me? Thank you. :)

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, yeah. :tongue

I say the same thing about all this black text on a ridiculously bright white background, and no one has any sympathy for me. :cry:

Email sent... ;)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Doc. :)

In all seriousness, how annoying is the black text on white to you? I'm curious. For me, the second I land on a black page with white text my head tightens up and one side starts to go all wonky and if I stay and try to read for long, it's a migraine. It's awful.

I emailed you my thoughts on the blog post but won't share them here as they're not fully thought out. And I'm tired. And rambling.

Good night, all! :e2zzz:

PS. Calling French Maiden! Come in, French Maiden! Tell us how you're doing today. :Hug2:

DocBrown

Hopes to one day write for food.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks HJ. I look forward to your thoughts. It is a tough thing to just draw a line in the sand in many cases.

As for the text, it depends on the day. My eyes being forced to filter out all the brightness tires my eyes out quickly. I have to lower the brightness on the monitor.

Fortunately, some stuff I can switch the polarity, but when people hard code the black text onto the screen it then disappears on me and I have to switch it back. It gets really annoying having to switch back and forth all the time. :(

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
I just want to know, why is it that when life generally sucks, you are realising that you are immensely stupid and will never achieve what you wanted to in life because you are just too useless, and generally are pretty worthless as a human being, something your family is all too happy to confirm, why is it that right at the moment when you're at the lowest, that is when the email comes in with the rejection, on a story that you now don't know whether to keep querying or just delete, since there doesn't seem to be any other market for it?

Or am I just having a bad day?

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
I just want to know, why is it that when life generally sucks, you are realising that you are immensely stupid and will never achieve what you wanted to in life because you are just too useless, and generally are pretty worthless as a human being, something your family is all too happy to confirm, why is it that right at the moment when you're at the lowest, that is when the email comes in with the rejection, on a story that you now don't know whether to keep querying or just delete, since there doesn't seem to be any other market for it?

Or am I just having a bad day?

I think you're having a bad day. :Hug2:

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry. Been in a horrid mood all day. I suppose it's not so bad, it was a personal rejection, but I have two stories out right now (the others are awful so are not getting subbed anywhere), and out of the two that was the one I actually thought had a chance. The editor suggested it might make a good book rather than a short but I don't know.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
PS. Calling French Maiden! Come in, French Maiden! Tell us how you're doing today. :Hug2:

Havn't really been here since Dash has been gone.

I feel so disconnected from everything now.

I havn't written anything on my WIP for nearly 3 weeks. I've put the books down that I was reading (and enjoying) and havnt picked them back up. I havn't read any more of my course material.
I've just stopped living, it feels like.

I've thrown myself into finding a new puppy. I spend every waking moment thinking about it. I've already named it - I havn't even found the thing.

My mum has a Maltese and she is a fantastic dog. I'm leanning towards getting a maltese puppy (female), and the bonus is as a breed, it doesnt have any major health issues.

Dash's health issues have really had a huge impact on me and I dont know how to get over it.
I miss him everyday. I cant go into my son's room because thats where he used to lay when I was on the computer in there. I keep wanting to rub him with my feet while I'm sitting at the kitchen table because he would lay under there when it was too hot. I cant hang my washing out on the line, because I have to walk past his bed, food and water bowls.

It's been 5 days and feels like a lifetime!
Hate this so much.

song_of_calliope

Registered
Reaction score
I feel terrible for you French Maiden. Don't beat yourself up about anything - you need time to grieve, and there will be plenty of time for your WIP later. Good for you for looking for another dog who needs a loving home. I know it's a cliche but it's true - time heals all wounds. You will never forget, and Dash's loss will always hurt, but it won't always hurt this badly. Sending you hugs.

French Maiden

Registered
Reaction score
On a different note it's 44.2 oC - 112 oF degrees today in Mandurah, Western Australia. I hate summer! I want snow damn it, lots and lots of the stuff.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Havn't really been here since Dash has been gone.

I feel so disconnected from everything now.

I havn't written anything on my WIP for nearly 3 weeks. I've put the books down that I was reading (and enjoying) and havnt picked them back up. I havn't read any more of my course material.
I've just stopped living, it feels like.

I've thrown myself into finding a new puppy. I spend every waking moment thinking about it. I've already named it - I havn't even found the thing.

My mum has a Maltese and she is a fantastic dog. I'm leanning towards getting a maltese puppy (female), and the bonus is as a breed, it doesnt have any major health issues.

Dash's health issues have really had a huge impact on me and I dont know how to get over it.
I miss him everyday. I cant go into my son's room because thats where he used to lay when I was on the computer in there. I keep wanting to rub him with my feet while I'm sitting at the kitchen table because he would lay under there when it was too hot. I cant hang my washing out on the line, because I have to walk past his bed, food and water bowls.

It's been 5 days and feels like a lifetime!
Hate this so much.

:Hug2: That's all I got. Just hugs.

Beautifully said, song. :)

Shakesbear

Registered
Reaction score
I am so lucky to be sitting here and typing. In fact, I am lucky to be alive. I was driving home and was on the outskirts of the town nearest where I live. I had started to slow down as the speed limit is 30mph and I was approaching a nasty bend. A car came round the bend on the wrong side of the road and hit my little car! The impact was fearsome. The car lurched as it hit the hedge, bounced off and headed onto the wrong side of the road. None of which I could see as the air bags had done their job and filled the car with smoke! I could not get out of the drivers door so scrabbled over the passenger seat and clambered out. A man was coming towards me talking into his mobile phone and he helped me to stand up. Soooo.... I am shaken, bruised and achy but OK. The man that caused the accident had looked at his radio to change stations and powkaabooom! He was in tears when he realized how lucky we both were. The bad news is that he has written off both our cars.

Now for the really weird part. The driver from the car behind the one behind me came to see if there was anything they could do to help. He was an ex-colleagues that I had not seen for nearly six years. I've changed my hair colour and he did not recognize me at first when he did it was a jaw dropping moment. His passenger was also an ex-colleague and they really looked after me. But it was weird. When I first saw him I thought I was concussed.