Reaction score
Dev

ETA: I think devils when I hear the name Dev, Para! Hehe

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Ace, to me, sounds like that bastard dude who can manipulate everyone.

Don't go with Lex, 'cause one of my names is Lex. Well, Lex is the nickname for it.

Dev isn't menacing to me at all. Way too common.

KarlaErikaCal

YA romance writer in love with love
Registered
Reaction score
When I think Ace, I think of the Ace in Sage's novel, Hero/Villain and Ace is a villain. So I personally wouldn't go for Ace. Though, your WIP is different, Ally so I'd go with whatever name suits the character you have in mind

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
When I hear/read Lex, I think of Lexie from Vampire Diaries.

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
My character is a manipulative, insane, power hungry, sadistic, evil, bastard.

He's the king of the land, and made Nesia the horrible place it is, with his evil magical abilities. Everyone knows of him and everyone fears him

The name plays into the later books in the series (you see its really the initals of his name, not his actual name. Random example Ace: Albert Christopher Elliot)

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
So that's two for Dev and one for Ace. Hummmmmm

Now i'm torn, because another aspect is they have to on there one sound like real names or nicknames and both do... damn it! Any other voters?

ETA: Ok I've decided. Dex... yeah i know it wasnt on the list, but i realized i really liked Dev and Lex so i combined them.

Dex= Daniel Edward Xander

Last edited:

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
so if you guys have noticed from my new Avi, i'm creating covers for the places my characters are in, just to help me stay motivated.

This is the one for the Kingdom of Dex.

TAJ-Kingdom-of-Dex.jpg

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I think I've found Isaac's overall theme tune for the last third(?) of the novel -- "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
I'm really puzzled as to how this theme tune stuff works. Does it actually help in any measurable way to pick a theme tune for one character for a small part of the novel? Does it help you write faster or plot better or stay focused longer?

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
I don't go specific with theme tunes, but I still like making playlists with songs that suit my novel to play in the background. Mostly I end up not noticing the music when I really get into writing though

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What Karla said. I don't go looking for them that much -- just at the start of the prepping process - they usually find me. :)

KarlaErikaCal

Registered
Reaction score
Need to get out of bed and write properly...Right now I'm expanding scenes on my phone

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I do it if i'm listening to a song and i feel the meaning behind it fits a character. Some "theme" songs get me in the mood to write.

For example for LofF
"Image of the Invisible" by Thrice

Every time i hear that song I'm motivated to write LotF. It also raises my spirits and helps me think. (it fits soooooooooooooooo well!)

Other theme songs for individual people just are fun to find.
Ally's theme song: "Your gonna go far kid" by offspring

It doesnt help me write faster but gave me some GREAT ideas.

then there are songs that i play over and over again because they fit a scene PERFECTLY!!! For example "Face Down" by RJA

I played this for about a half an hour as i wrote about Laura going back to Chris after her beating and rape, and finally Pip losing it and beating the shit out of Chris. Then i played it again for about an hour on repeat when Chris came back to Laura asking for her to come back, when she says no and he gets violent she loses it and beats him worst then Pip did!!!

Last edited:

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
Sometimes I'll listen to my iTunes and a song will come on that's super perfect for a character, so it becomes their theme. Like 'Crushed and Created" and "So I Bleed" for Emil.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm really puzzled as to how this theme tune stuff works. Does it actually help in any measurable way to pick a theme tune for one character for a small part of the novel? Does it help you write faster or plot better or stay focused longer?

Music helps me ignore my parents telling me to do chores!

However, nothing can help me escape replaying Homeworld again...that's REALLY killed my productivity.

Though the GOOD news is that I've managed to make it through the Gardens of Kadesh without losing more than 5 ships!

And just so you know,t he Gardeners are creepy AND tough.

See!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLhS46IcnSs

lvae

oh so shiny
Registered
Reaction score
I think I've found Isaac's overall theme tune for the last third(?) of the novel -- "It's My Life" by Bon Jovi.

It's My Life is one of my favourite songs to melodramatically wail during karoke sessions!

I think I've mentioned this before - but I can't listen to music when I'm writing. I find it distracting. :S

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I have a feeling it'll be one of those songs I can't listen to in public very often, otherwise I will make a fool of myself. Haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.