• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Eddison Pearson Ltd, UK

Peter Mill

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings

Has anyone had any dealings with this London based agency?

Thanks

Peter

Honey Nut Loop

Registered
Reaction score
I know i sent them a query on 23rd May and they haven't replied. I know they are the agent of Robert Muchamore, a chidren's writer i like. I'm afraid that's all though.

Tilly

Registered
Reaction score
I didn't put them on my own list because they're not a member of the Association of Authors' Agents. That doesn't mean they're not a totally legitimate agency, but you might want to confirm that those authors are represented by this agency, and look into them a bit more closely, before you submit.

Here's the AAA website:

http://www.agentsassoc.co.uk/directory.html

Peter Mill

Registered
Reaction score
Eddison Pearson

Thanks for the feedback.

Most appreicated.

Peter

Honey Nut Loop

Registered
Reaction score
well they are in the 'Writers' and Artists' yearbook' and the Children's Writers' and Artists' yearbook. In the children's one it says they represent Valerie Bloom, Sue Heep, Sally Lloyd-Jones, Robert Muchamore and Ruth Synes. These are just the ones listed in there.

Branwen Smith

Hello there. Quite a lot of the agents listed in the Writers' and Artists' yearbook don't seem to be members of the AAA. I'm new to all this (and am trying to find out more about Eddison Pearson Ltd too) - does being listed in the Writers' and Artists' Yearbook make an agent a safe bet, or are there some in there that I am going to want to avoid?

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I know this thread is old but as I just emailed this agent for their subs guidelines and got an immediate reply, I thought it might be worthwhile sharing the reply with you lovely people.

Thank you for your message.

If you are a publisher, or have a business enquiry relating to one of the agency's clients, please redirect your email to: [email protected].

If you are an author seeking representation, please note that the agency is taking on only children's writers (including writers for young adults) at the moment. Please redirect your enquiry to [email protected]

We do not charge a reading fee.

Please note that we no longer accept unsolicited submissions or enquiries in the post. Please do not post material to us unless we specifically request it.

Stating they're only after children's writers on their website would obviously be too much to hope for.

para

Registered
Reaction score
UK agents are not as technologically advanced as their US counterparts. At least this agency has a website. I was speaking to a multi-published UK author who told me a lot of UK agents do not a have a web presence at all.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
UK agents are not as technologically advanced as their US counterparts. At least this agency has a website. I was speaking to a multi-published UK author who told me a lot of UK agents do not a have a web presence at all.

That is entirely true.
However they mostly don't object to writers calling them to establish their submission requirements