Dumb blonde :)
Registered
Reaction score
The Call. I thought it was pretty good.

Cranky1

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I think that the last movie that I watched as a Lifetime movie. I think there was some kind of 'adoption beware' type of marathon.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Bordertown--very good movie. Very intense and very heartbreaking as it is based on a real and ongoing horrific situation in Mexico.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
The Natural, with Robert Redford. He's too old, and the story differs from the novel, but the acting is so good and as contrived as the story is, the characters are so likeable (and hissable, in some cases) that it's a satisfying watch.

I've always liked Darren McGavin--he could do anything and do it well. A really wonderful actor, was saddened by his passage a few years back.

Zig Bigfoot

Registered
Reaction score
The Conjuring. Lots of fun, really scary but not gory at all, which is surprising, considering the director's other work, but can't stand a close inspection because it's full of plot holes.

Rhoda Nightingale

Vampire Junkie
Registered
Reaction score
Another one for The Conjuring. The acting is absolutely excellent--wow. Predictable storyline, lots of cheap jump scares, but I found myself putting it all aside thanks to the cast's performances--all of them are wonderful in their roles. Posted a full review here on my horror movie blog.

I really appreciated how decent and loving the central family was. No one gets called "crazy" or accused of lying or making things up or having nightmares. They all trust each other and care about each other. That's a refreshing change from how these things usually go.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
The Avengers, on premium. I tried sitting through the full two hours and fifteen minutes. I tried.

mellymel

Registered
Reaction score
Watched The Backwoods. It was...idk. Strange. The ending...I just don't know. I can't tell if I just didn't get it or if it was really that disconnected. There was a subplot story in the film that just seemed to have NOTHING to do with anything. I mean, I know subplots don't always have to tie into the main plot, but this one just seemed like this attempt at character development to play into the main plot but I don't think it worked. Hubs and I were both scratching our heads at the end. Kinda wanted to throw the remote through the TV. It was a frustrating experience.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel - (yesterday on TV) - I thoroughly enjoyed it...

...But then again, now that I'm 60, I really appreciate actors like Judi Densch, Maggie Smith and Tom Wilkinson. ;)

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
The Avengers, on premium. I tried sitting through the full two hours and fifteen minutes. I tried.
---

Girl, I am disappoint, really I am. Great film, full of action, in-jokes, a terrific fan film...and I guess you're not a fan.

Sigh...

:)

OTOH, I watched Clash of the Titans, the 1981 version again. So-so script, but the ol' Dynamation was great to see. CGI IS way better, but still, all those monsters dreamed up by Harryhausen...a throwback to my childhood and a fun flick all the way.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Best Movie of 2013 (So Far)

My son and I saw The Wolverine. Thought it was "good," but then it wasn't really going for "great." Just being better than that terrible last Wolverine flick was enough and it cleared that low bar with ease.

My wife and I saw Fruitvale Station and despite being familiar with the real-life story that inspired it, we were both stunned, saddened and weeping by the film's shattering conclusion.

I haven't cried in a darkened theater since Terms of Endearment. Moves don't make me cry. This one had me tearing up. Easily the best movie I've seen all 2013.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
---

Girl, I am disappoint, really I am. Great film, full of action, in-jokes, a terrific fan film...and I guess you're not a fan.

I know The Avengers fandom is giving a collective groan. Haha

There was non-stop action. I sometimes like hero movies (like Fantasic Four, Batman, and stuff), but this one was jam-packed and I couldn't stay aboard. RDJ's Tony Stark/Ironman was great comic relief and I liked the dynamic with all their personalities clashing and finally coming together, but I hardly comprehended what was going on. I guess I just couldn't get into it.

~~~~~~~

Children of the Corn remake on TV.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
I know The Avengers fandom is giving a collective groan. Haha

There was non-stop action. I sometimes like hero movies (like Fantasic Four, Batman, and stuff), but this one was jam-packed and I couldn't stay aboard. RDJ's Tony Stark/Ironman was great comic relief and I liked the dynamic with all their personalities clashing and finally coming together, but I hardly comprehended what was going on. I guess I just couldn't get into it.

~~~~~~~

Children of the Corn remake on TV.

Have you seen the individual movies pre-Avengers? All the set-up was in those so Avengers COULD just focus on the action, and that's honestly why I loved it. Fantastic Four was a huge disappointment to me because it was 90% character development and 10% action. But then, I'm an enormous action junkie. Give me stuff like Avengers and Expendables 2 any day.

Another for The Wolverine. I've only seen one of the X-men movies before (X3) and I didn't go in expecting a lot. I enjoyed it though. Before that, RIPD, which is... well, it's just great. :D

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Have you seen the individual movies pre-Avengers? All the set-up was in those so Avengers COULD just focus on the action, and that's honestly why I loved it. Fantastic Four was a huge disappointment to me because it was 90% character development and 10% action. But then, I'm an enormous action junkie. Give me stuff like Avengers and Expendables 2 any day.

Another for The Wolverine. I've only seen one of the X-men movies before (X3) and I didn't go in expecting a lot. I enjoyed it though. Before that, RIPD, which is... well, it's just great. :D

You might have just explained my reasoning; my subconscious when I couldn't quite get it into words. :) Nope, I didn't see their individual movies. I probably should when I get the chance.