Teens Writing for Teens, issue 6

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at youth... Getting the talk about... Sexual orientation.

Oh help me.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Will's mother is slightly... odd.

ETA: Hit 2K AND finished this scene, so I'm going to bed soon. If I don't post again, this is why. :)

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Grade sixes are here.

They should not be here.

Why are they allowed here?

They're talking about not having sex before marriage and all that jazz.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
LOL I hate the celibacy talks. They should not exist. You have sex when you're ready to have sex, and everyone is different. Waiting 'till marriage is great, so is not waiting.

But if it were safe sex talks, they should def. be there. I know people who were having sex by the end of Grade 6.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
No. They were going on about HPV and cervical cancer and they looked as if they were speaking Chinese to them.

"Sex is good, but sex was created for those who are married" is basically the theme of this.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
You should totally rip it up. That's offensive.

Or sign with your not-dominant hand, just to spite them!

I find it incredibly offensive when people try to tell other people what they're allowed to do with their bodies.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
But I can't do that... My friends are here.

I don't know what to think about it. Maybe I don't want to get married. Maybe I do. I've been told to not have sex before marriage since I was younger going to youth group, so I don't know what else to think. Of course, my opinion is changing and there are more subjects or whatever coming up...

But, if I were to have sex before marriage, I wouldn't be a teen. I'd have to be an adult.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Taylor- There's nothing wrong with waiting to have sex until marriage. It's a perfectly valid choice, and if it's right for you, it's right for you. The problem is when you try to dictate what someone else does to their own body. That's the most basic human right: the right to one's own body.

If you choose to wait until marriage, I am 100% behind you. But if you choose not to, I'm also 100% behind you. It's your choice, it's an individual, personal choice, and no matter what anyone's opinion is it's offensive to try and tell a person they don't have that choice.

You know what I mean?

I'm glad your opinion is changing, though. Being able to break free of what you've been told your whole life and form your own opinion is a sign of great maturity!

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I just don't like how they're sort of forcing it upon us. Puttin us under pressure about it.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, it's quite rude of them. You could always say "I don't think I need to sign a piece of paper to have confidence in relationship with God."

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Exactly.

Gosh, some church people drive me. Especially those grade six girls.

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing lights for a kid's production :tongue It's quite good, but the two leads are way awkward around each other.

Elusive

kick-ass extra something special!
Registered
Reaction score
*pops in*

Stage crew ftw, Tally! :D

*pops out*

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
Taylor as a girl who went to catholic schooling for almost my whole life I know what your going through. You do know its like a blood oath the contracts or cards they make you sign.

We were always given cards that say "I'm worth waiting for". Personally i still believe that and although they kind of do brainwash you a little with fear tactics saying pretty much "Sex is the most dangerous thing in the world" I always felt that the fundamental concepts behind all that were good.

Don't let them scare you, most of the shit they tell you are lies or absolute worst case scenarios, but also don't close your mind to all of it completely. Take from those horribly awkward and embarrassing talks what you can. Find your own truth in it all.

I still believe in waiting for marriage, and will always believe that. But i have my own strong reasons for that. And now that me and my ex broke up I'm extremely happy that i stuck with my beliefs for those 5 years. Makes me actually believe in them more now.

Anyway how is everyone doing today?

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
I'm doing all right, thanks! Just woke up.

Yeah, Taylor. Like Ally said, if waiting until marriage is the right thing for you, then it is the right thing for you, and you should absolutely do that if that is what you want for your body. But you should make that choice based on what you think is right for you, not just what you've been told. And everyone is different.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
What the others said. I believe you should have sex when you're ready, whether you're married or not. But that's me.

In other news, I fell over on the road earlier and cut my knee. It hurts. :(

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
Aw, Lisa. *offers band-aid*

ETA: That is such a confusing word, though. It sounds like "banned aid". Are they illegal?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Plasters, they're called here. I have a dressing on. Mum turned into a nurse. :tongue

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Plasters. Hmm...

"I'm stuck on plasters, 'cause plasters stuck on me!"

Okay then. Other news, I'm spending my day on some history forum because I need to learn about the 19th century. :/