Pakistani baby charged with attempted murder

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
The judge knows it's absurd, but the way the letter of the law is written, the process has to happen. Hopefully, the letter will be amended to prevent this sort of thing happening again.

Coming to a theater near you Halloween 2015
Death Baby:
Goo Goo, Ga Ga, Die jus' bizness
Fixed that for you...
Also, this gives new meaning to the term "baby book."
I missed that episode of Hawaii Five-O, but I always remember the last words of every episode: "Book 'em, Dano."
From the apparently-updated article in the OP:
The baby was apparently charged because an assistant sub-inspector complained in a crime report that Musa's whole family beaten him up and injured his head.
Oh, so some prosecuter, the arresting officer(s) AND the judge are taking this literally. Okay... I wonder how far that would get in the US. Surely not nearly as far - even bad PD's aren't as bad and as literal-minded as the average US public school (woops, yet another unrelated topic...).

The case has once again highlighted dysfunction in Pakistan's police and justice system.

Poorly trained and underpaid police are frequently accused of corruption and human rights abuses. Many are not even qualified to write a crime report.

Commanders say it is not their fault, pointing out that the this year's federal budget gave the military about $6 billion and the police a paltry $686 million.
I'm too lazy to look it up, but I wonder if the US Military costs only ten times what all the police departments in the US costs.