Resurrecting The Dead--the All New Horror Hounds Weekend Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I managed to get in 4k yesterday. Planning to get another 4k today, more if possible, but that's really the minimum I need to get to stay on the pace.

I've got a funny hybrid of a portal fantasy/ghost story/other assorted creepiness going on. When it's all said and done, I'm going to have to decide what the heck genre it is and edit accordingly, lol.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Very good, very good...keep it up and some of you fol;ks might just get blankets this week.

As far as fresh parchment..... the 'Brothers' will take it in payment from the first of you to fail in your goals.

****MUAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA****

(Smallville....SMALLVILLE...OMG!!! it's what I think it is. Where's the remote?!)

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got 2k this morning, plus got 2800 tonight. Almost 5k total for the day, so I'm very pleased with my progess so far. Story's just kicking right along, yay!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Lots of editing, perhaps 200 words added, perhaps as many as 400. All longhand, so not counting, plus I'm deleting as well in spots.

And as to my state of mind, let's just say that I was lied to by someone who had a signed contract with me. Now I'm seeing just how bad things are. Gimme a whip, Mistress. I need to flog something. Got a rug that needs beating? A vegetable patch to plow under for the winter? Rushes to split for the cell floors? I'm your gal.

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Psssst.

Hey, remember when I mentioned that we might be doing a contest over at Raphael's Village? Remember how I said Halloween?

WELL...that would have been too easy for our friends who write Horror. So, we decided, no, let's wait. Let's make it good. Let's make it fun. Let's make sure we actually have real prizes.

Check it out...we're having a Valentine's Day contest instead...and we're hoping from deep in our hoping places that we get horror entries. No lie. 3 categories. Enter early, enter often, enter to win, place or show.

www.raphaelsvillage.com Give us your best for Valentine's Day!

We dare you to enter. No...in fact...we double dog CHIHUAHUA dare you!

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got just over 5k done today. Am very pleased, and looking to get another 5k tomorrow.

Jeanne, that contest sounds like fun. :D

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Psssst.

Hey, remember when I mentioned that we might be doing a contest over at Raphael's Village? Remember how I said Halloween?

WELL...that would have been too easy for our friends who write Horror. So, we decided, no, let's wait. Let's make it good. Let's make it fun. Let's make sure we actually have real prizes.

Check it out...we're having a Valentine's Day contest instead...and we're hoping from deep in our hoping places that we get horror entries. No lie. 3 categories. Enter early, enter often, enter to win, place or show.

Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyy sneaky.

And therefore appropriate.

slcboston

Pasture-ized
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ahem

*taps mike* this thing on?

It's done. WIP #4 - and the first WIP of my adult career as a writer (#'s 1-3 having been completed back in high school) is finally finished.

only two months past my self-set deadline, and 15 years in the making but there were factors...

~5,800 wds this week to finish it, ~86k over all.

*steps down*

*steps back up*

Oh, and got another 4500 wds written on stuff that actually pays me, plus an editing assignment. Cause, you know, money is good. :D

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
It's done. WIP #4 - and the first WIP of my adult career as a writer (#'s 1-3 having been completed back in high school) is finally finished.

WOO-HOO!

Oh, and got another 4500 wds written on stuff that actually pays me, plus an editing assignment. Cause, you know, money is good. :D

It is indeed!

Three cheers: :hooray::hooray::hooray:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. All you guys have done great. Congrats one and all.

I'll just be leaving now. :gone:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Got 2k this morning, plus got 2800 tonight. Almost 5k total for the day, so I'm very pleased with my progess so far. Story's just kicking right along, yay!

And you did this without the benefit of shutters on your windows, meat in your gruel, ink for your quill, rushes for your floor or even fresh parchment.

A fine example of what the elimination of frivolities will accomplish.

you may have ink now.
Lots of editing, perhaps 200 words added, perhaps as many as 400. All longhand....,I was lied to by someone who had a signed contract with me....... I need to flog something..

Got a rug that needs beating? I'm your gal.

200 words.

You may have Haggis.
Psssst.

Hey, remember when I mentioned that we might be doing a contest over at Raphael's Village?

Jeanne seems bored.

FIX IT!:whip::whip::whip:
I'm early total 1150-- nothing but vigns-- poetry rewrite-- six new poems-- I don't sleep--
Felt true horror today had to teach 25-- mostly-- 11 & 12 year old girls-- dear god the humanity.

So you became a nun in a girl's school for the day.

True Horror, indeed.

and 1150 words.

The Brothers are pleased. You may have fresh sack cloth to either nail over your windows or wear. Your choice.

The Brothers say....

BACK TO WORK!! :whip::whip::whip:

Well...visit OP for Fajitas, first.
ahem

*taps mike* this thing on?

only two months past my self-set deadline, and 15 years in the making but there were factors...

~5,800 wds this week to finish it, ~86k over all.

*steps down*

*steps back up*

Once again, the elimination of vanities and frivolities is all the inspiration you folks need.

Very, Very good, SLC Boston. Not only may you have your family back, buty they will be returned with all their limbs attached.

And very good about the money. That will come in handy when you discover they need intense counseling.

The Brothers approve, you may have fresh beets and ink. We are still short on parchement...
Now.....WORK!!!!BACK TO WORK!! :whip::whip::whip:

Haggis.......Haggis......

I will find you.

Last edited:

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Ooh, I get to flog Haggis? Hmmm...

*whistles* Here, little undead doggie... I have Snausages... Here, boy!... Now, about this whole agent debacle that's plunging me into an apocalyptic rage...

PETA is so going to come after me for this.

Last edited:

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
Using a Chihuahua--even an undead one--for cat o' nine tails target practice. :e2teeth: (A cat... how appropriate.)

Think they'd go easier on me if I said you gave me permission, Mistress?

You do not need permission.

Every organization has a desiganted whipping boy
the Lions and PETA share Haggis.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
....hey...cat o nine
...haggis
...writing.....
nine...
writing...
haggis....

***Jaycinth thinks a deep thought***

....cats writing nine haggis tales?

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
***Jaycinth thinks a deep thought***

What is this, April Fools Day?

*cough*

Okay, I didn't do much. One complete edit for -50 words, and some scattered words in a new short for about +150 words. Net gain of squat.

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
What is this, April Fools Day?

*cough*

Okay, I didn't do much. One complete edit for -50 words, and some scattered words in a new short for about +150 words. Net gain of squat.

Wow, Haggis. I underestimated you. You may have this brand new pair of Nikes to run away from callalily in.

Of course they are 3 sizes too big, basket ball sneaks and not running sneaks, and there are no shoelaces.....

......you would have gotten shoelaces with 300 words.

See Haggis.

See Haggis run.

Run, Haggis, run.

Status
Not open for further replies.