Bach to Bach

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I listen to a lot of Bach. I find the adagios, cantatas, and fugues great writing music, excellent thinking music, and adequate drown-out-the-distracting-noise music.

So I wasn't surprised when someone sent me a link to a Bach performance of Cantata 147 (one you probably know, if not by that name).

But this version was absolutely amazing. You must see it to appreciate it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ-ly-H-Mes&feature=feedf I predict you will especially like the trills.

Enjoy it.

Maryn, awed

whacko

Keeping up with the class
Registered
Reaction score
Hey Maryn,

If you haven't already, give Wendy/Walter Carlos' Switched on Back a listen to.

Cantata 208, Sheep May Safely Graze, is my own favourite at the minute. But with Bach, the favourite changes every other day.

One thing though, I can't write to music. Being but a simple man I can only do one thing at a time, heh heh.

Regards

Whacko

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I own Switched On Bach. On cassette. (Cringe.) I should replace it, huh?

Not too long ago someone sent me links to the Prelude to Suite 1--on electric guitar. Cool, but no comparison to what I linked above.

Maryn, who more often writes in silence

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
Hah,

A friend sent me that link, and of course he recognized the tune, but it was driving him crazy because he didn't know what it was.

So I sent him back several links of various performances, from the original orchestration to solo organ, to a solo guitar transcription. (Which I always wanted to learn, but I'm only a lowly jazz and rock player.)

But that device is seriously cool

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad you all enjoyed it. My family shares links to the weirdest and most wonderful stuff.

And I'm especially pleased is helped cancel at least some of the negativity of a bad day, Mom'sWrite. I hope you bookmarked it so you'll be ready for the next one. (The 'Don't Be Bored' and 'Amusements' sections of my bookmarks are among the largest.)

Maryn, listening to Yo-Yo Ma

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I found that one via Stumble the other day. Amazing! (And some folks have way too much spare time, but I digress...)