The No News is No News Purgatory Thread, Vol. 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Happy happy day, Para!

True story: When you break down my sales by geography, I seem to be hugely popular in the Washington DC area. I always figured it was because of all the politicians looking for advice. ;)

Tired today. Don't feel like being very productive. Today is my last day in my temporary department. I'm taking tomorrow off, and then Monday I'm back in the same hell hole I've always been. Flaky Boss will be out, though, having knee surgery, so maybe without her gumming up the works we can get some stuff accomplished. I'm just not very enthusiastic at the moment.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So if you stalk me else where you already know. I have lost my social security card and birth certificate.... I need one or the other for "identity verification" today with the interview with the employment agency... Though I had my ss card recently I remember seeing it... but after tearing my whole house apart last night and then spending the whole night dry heaving to the porcelain god I have come to the conclusion that a wayward forest creature has stolen it. To replace a ss you need either a passport or.... birth certificate... I was born in oklahoma. To order a birth certificate would take 4 weeks.... one hour in person. Closest office to me? Tulsa... 4 hours away... So tomorrow I'll be making the drive to Tulsa. Get a new birth certificate then make my drive back.... My goal is to be out of my house by 3am to 330am

JennW

Hangin' with my writing peeps
Registered
Reaction score
morning purgies! yay AW is back up. i was getting twitchy.:)

{ink}

{caleb}

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Mornin', Purgies!!! TGITH!!!

{{{Caleb}}}

Yay, Rick & LOL

Yay, GJB

LOL, Kell

Good luck, Little

*holds Ink & Lily*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PARA!!!!!

:partyguy: :Cake::PartySmil

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
"You're putting it in too fast. It says remove it right away, so you think it wants you to put it in faster, but it really wants you to go slower. Go gentle and slow, then take it out as soon as it's in all the way. If it doesn't work, put it in again."

And I seem to be the only one who notices how dirty what I'm saying is.

Gawd, I would die laughing if anyone said that to me in a parking garage. Unless it was a creepy dude. Then I might run away.

Cordero acknowledged, then ordered the Michigan back to the safety of the ocean depths. "All stations, Conn. Going deep."

I'd heard that about Cuddles.

Happy Birthday, Para!!!!
balloons.gif

Stealing this for pretty.

Guys, hold me. Agent emailed yesterday that she will be in touch this weekend about my revisions, but she dropped no hint of whether she liked them. Meep.

Soooooooooooooooo wrong. Why do they do this? This is like leaving a message with your boyfriend to say you need to discuss the relationship. WTF?

But I look spiffy today

That's what matters. (Also, it's time to get yourself a nice filing cabinet. Or a safety deposity box. The SS card and birth proclamation must be kept someplace reliable. That's what happened to Obama. He lost his birth certificate and then he didn't have time to go to Hawaii to get it replaced and next thing you know the crazy teabaggers are all over him. I mean, it could have happened that way. I'm just sayin'.)

Rick

"Thriller" Apprentice
Registered
Reaction score
I LIVE!

I just passed my very last Physical Fitness (torture) Test. It was actually quite enjoyable, as I counted down the last few minutes of my very last run.

(((Ink)))

(((Caleb)))

So Rick, did you get one of the good behavior clauses? I'm not sure about some of the company you keep.;)
That's why I plan to publish under my real name, so they'll have no idea who Rick is and the company he keeps.

Rick, proud to be a Purgy.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Morning, purgs! I am buried under day jobbage and hopelessly behind on NaNo, but enjoying myself, so what the hell. Having such vivid, haunting dreams lately, too. Can't decide if it's the new diet or just the season.

Speaking of the diet, lost 13 lbs in the last 3 weeks, which is about the rate I'd like to be at, so yay. Slow progress, but it feels good. Still having a hard time finding ways to clear 1600 calories/day, though.

*pets Ink*

*takes photo of Ink and Lily*

"You're putting it in too fast. It says remove it right away, so you think it wants you to put it in faster, but it really wants you to go slower. Go gentle and slow, then take it out as soon as it's in all the way. If it doesn't work, put it in again."

And I seem to be the only one who notices how dirty what I'm saying is.

:roll:

I am going to think of this every time I see your handle from now on.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, PARA!!!

Rick, woohoo!!

Little, good luck!

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, team! Another step on my sad decline from teenage potential to adult disappointment. :tongue

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Hey girls! For those of you who covet Damsel corsets but can't afford to splurge, she's having a big mystery grab bag sale on Black Friday. Details are here. (Only this could get me out of bed that early on a day I don't have to work.)

ETA: I guess I shouldn't have excluded the guys. If one of you boys wants a corset and to feel oh so pretty, I'm not here to judge.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Happy birthday, Para. And you can expect a rather severe birthday spanking if we hear any more about being a disappointment today!

Meanwhile, can you smell the birthday cake I made? It should be out of the oven soon.

Maryn, cyberbaker

sammyig

Vampire Connoisseur
Registered
Reaction score
Happy B-day, Para!

((Caleb))

Now I apparently have adrenal issues. I'll be hanging out with Lily in the med section.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One interview with a staffing agency down next one at 230, now I'm hiding out in a vacant wing of the downtown library. I rocked it. A building full of women.... Yeah I did awesome. I had them laughing, smiling, nodding approvingly

That's what happened to Obama. He lost his birth certificate and then he didn't have time to go to Hawaii to get it replaced and next thing you know the crazy teabaggers are all over him. I mean, it could have happened that way. I'm just sayin'.)
:ROFL:

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It really isn't fair to them. You give me an auditorium full of women that don't know me and I will have them in awe. I'm dazzling at first and I know how to work the charm with a blend of achievements, humor, and icing of seriousness flavored with honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.