Braggage

Status
Not open for further replies.

fihr

Registered
Reaction score
so boo-yah, I'm going to count that as a ringing endorsement ;).

And so you should!

Crowded Magazine has a unique method of selecting stories, and though I haven't read the magazine, it sounds as though it should result in a selection of stories with appeal, regardless of the novelty of the idea. (I am currently working on a vampire story--non-sparkly--which by it's definition is regarded as unoriginal these days, but I am enjoying it.)

Thanks everyone for the congrats re my sale to Plasma Frequency. And congrats, Curious Monkey, on your first sale - fantastic! And to Alex, for the review with some rather good associations.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
She was brutal on both Crowded and Galaxy's Edge: "I’m looking at the debut issues of two new ezines, though neither raises high my heart with hope." I guess the lesson here is that there's always a critic!

Eliza C

We’ll see what happens from here…
Registered
Reaction score
Just received notification this morning that my story "The Big, Bad Wolf" has been accepted by Enchanted Conversation! The editor has already posted the winners' names on the magazine website, so I guess I can crow about it right away.:D

It's funny, because this story went full circle. I wrote it about a year ago specifically for EC and subbed it to the Little Red Riding Hood theme call. I never heard back as they don't send out rejections, but I also never received an acknowledgement for the sub, which they do send, so wondered if it had gotten lost. Subbed and came close other places, and resubbed to EC when they stopped themed calls and the story was free again - and voila!

Last edited:

Brynn

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Eliza! How gratifying, for it to end up at the place you wrote it for!

Oooh, neat, Alex. You'll have to let us know how that goes. I'm considering maybe-some-day self publishing (especially for longer short stories), but want to get some more magazine/ezine credits under my belt first (which you have obviously already done).

Lizardmaker

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anneejohnson
Congrats, Eliza. I really enjoy EC and look forward to your story.

Alex, the covers of your ebooks are spectacular. I'm trying to choose which one to try first.

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Eliza. I really enjoy EC and look forward to your story.

Alex, the covers of your ebooks are spectacular. I'm trying to choose which one to try first.

Thanks very much, Ann! I just sent you an e-mail to make your decision easier :)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
This should totally be in Rejections. *face palm*. The woe hath driven me here...
:tongue I'm always double checking which thread I'm in. Afraid one of these days I'll "congratulate" someone on a rejection!

Oooh, I'm off to look now.

Very cool, Alex! Congrats.

O'Dandelo

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, everyone! And good luck with the e-route, Alex.

Speaking of Mr. Shvartsman, One Buck Horror Vol. 6 is now out on Kindle! The issue features Alex's "A Thousand Cuts" and my own "Pretend"! Excited about this one. As always only 99 cents.

Marzioli

Could be worse!
Registered
Reaction score
I bought that issue of OBH. I have high expectations for both of your stories, so don't let me down! ;)

soapdish

writing
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sealeyandrews.wordpress.com
I have a little bit of braggage to share. A story I sold a while ago is finally online. It wasn't a story I *wrote* for W1S1, but it was one that I *subbed* during the first year I participated.

It's in the last ever :)() issue of The Gloaming along with (at least) one other W1S1er from the past, though I don't see him around anymore.

Anyway...http://thegloaming.com/issue/threelittlewords.html

kd1984

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.oneperfectword.blogspot.com
I have a little bit of braggage to share. A story I sold a while ago is finally online. It wasn't a story I *wrote* for W1S1, but it was one that I *subbed* during the first year I participated.

It's in the last ever :)() issue of The Gloaming along with (at least) one other W1S1er from the past, though I don't see him around anymore.

*SHIVER* Lovely, lovely story. Really enjoyed that one!

alexshvartsman

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Great job, Sealey!

squeaky pram

oldie turned newbie
Registered
Reaction score
Soapdish, creepy, enigmatic and spare. Beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.