• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Christian Teenz (looking for a beta)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eustacegirl

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I am editing a Christian Teen boook that I have written. It is on the topic of bullying and not judging others based on their looks and past. Would any of you like to read it or give me advice? Thanks.

Becca C.

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know a lot about Christian literature, being very much a secular person myself, but I guess one bit of advice I'd give is to concentrate on the story and the characters and use the religious themes as the backdrop, not the focus.

/shrug

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am editing a Christian Teen boook that I have written. It is on the topic of bullying and not judging others based on their looks and past. Would any of you like to read it or give me advice? Thanks.

If you want a beta reader/critique partner, you may want to post in the beta readers forum.

Once you've made at least 50 posts, you can also post a chapter in the Share Your Work section for feedback.

Good luck!

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I tried, but it won't let me in. I can't go in chat either for some reason.

That is because you must make 50 posts first and you only have 10. The forum system does this to make sure you are a real person and not spamming software. So, go visit the newbie forums, say 'hi' to every one, get your post count up, and then try again. You should be fine.

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
She should still be able to get into the forum and make posts. She just won't be able to create a thread of her own.

Try clearing your cookies, logging off, and logging back on. And make sure you're typing the password in correctly. Let me know if you still can't get in after you've done all that.

Undivided_Heart

fairy tales and happy endings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brfonline.org.uk
Hi there! This sounds really interesting to me, this is exactly my genre! (if indeed it is a genre!) I had a non-fiction Christian book for teenage girls published in 2009 and I'm currently working on a novel which sounds similar to yours. As far as advice, I'd say just keep going with it! Be passionate in your writing so that these important topics don't become dull; if you care about it, then this will show through and your readers will care too. I suppose characterisation is really important; if you have a strong main character with a definitive voice then the literary world is your oyster!
What kind of publishers/agents are you going to approach with this? I'm really interested to know how you get on with it. Good luck!

Undivided_Heart

fairy tales and happy endings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.brfonline.org.uk
I don't know much about publishing into Kindle, presumably you go about it in the same way, though, by approaching publishers/agents? I'm not a member of the authonomy website I'm afraid. The book I've published is called Girls for God: Soul Perspectives, published by BRF. I haven't got a title for the one I'm working on at the moment.
I hope your editing goes well!

eustacegirl

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Could you go to the share your work thread and give me some advice? That is cool you got a book published. I want one published soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.