• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for beta or swapie for murder suspense/thriller

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllenC

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, It's just like the subject says.

These are the manuscript's first lines:

>>
Don´t let appearances deceive you. This old truck I am driving is not mine, not to mention the potato cargo in the back. I can only vouch for the corpse hidden below the vegetables.

It's 11AM. I won't make it in time. I need to be home before things become bloody gore, but a full-loaded truck with a coughing, black smoking, 1970's substandard engine won't help.
>>

Ask for the first chapter (3k words) if you liked those lines. I need some help with the grammar, and I would appreciate general opinions about the ms as well.

Thanks.

cat_named_easter

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Allen, I'm looking for a beta swap, too. My MS is sci-fi/dystopian, though. My first lines are probably a bit misleading about the whole book so probably won't make sense to post them! However, basic premise is:
People have always claimed to see ghosts - the dead from the past come to haunt them. However, what if these "ghosts" aren't from the past at all? The truth is, they are people from the future, come back to observe and study us. In the post-War 27th Century, when huge areas of history and knowledge have been lost, Dyrne is a historian with a difference. Along with his colleagues, he uses advanced - and secret - technology to "visit" the past, cataloguing and reporting on what he finds. As well as keeping his occupation secret though, Dyrne is struggling with secrets of his own. Secrets that are driving him to manipulate more than the people around him.
Let me know if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.