XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Taking cute pics would be a good side income.

But I'm really stressed out. Maybe if I'm still stressed out in a few months I can put him up for sale. It will be hard to part with him, but he'll have some solid training and conditioning by then, and if I'm still stressed then someone else can enjoy him.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
you're willingly moving somewhere where there is no broadband... :Wha:

Sadly, it's true about most of the towns in the area. The previous owners had satellite intenet and have left their dish, so that's the way I'll go, but it's gonna be pricey and still fairly slow. Meanwhile, there are movements afoot to bring fiber & cable to the 30+ towns around here currently without, so I may only have to deal for a few years.

That said, anything is worth being able to put my two 4-year-olds in separate rooms.

Personally I'd still get him the hooker.

I'm a little humor-challenged right now, but I'm not finding the repetitive hooker refrain particularly funny. The systematic degradation and sexual abuse of women for profit isn't the best punch line, and you should move on.

How the hell do they get it halfway up their backs? I mean... they are covered, and they still manage to... Oh gods, the memories. *cringes*

Many years ago, when Eldest was merely an infant, I had a semi-friend with a daughter the same age who was one of those incredibly competitive parents. "My kid is doing x, is your kid doing x yet? My kid is already wearing size y, is your kid wearing size y yet?" and so on and so forth, constantly.

Anyhoo, when the kids were about 8 months old, I got talked into meeting her at the local mall for some shop&walk, and I got out my stroller, and my kid, and the kid's diaper bag, and she got out her kid and stroller and nothing else. I said, "hey, we're going to be in the mall for a few hours, do you need to bring anything else?" and she allowed as how her kid was already staying dry and wouldn't need any sort of changing gear. Ooookay. Off we went into the mall. We weren't in there more than 10 minutes when her kid makes this face, and there's this sound that I absolutely cannot describe except to say I'll never forget it, and then a horrible stench. Sure enough, her kid had a blowout so badly it came out the back of the neck of her onesie.

Ah, and alas, my poor not-yet-size-y kid had no spare clothes in her bag that would fit her superior child.

Its worse when they're exploding from both ends... in a kiddy pool... on other children swimming...

That has not happened to us. Yet. Thank the gods.

Now I feel guilty for not writing ;)

I also feel guilty for buying a horse.

Horse is awesome and needed a good home, and you are awesome and needed a good horse. Everything else will work out.

And hey, I just sent a story off to Big Name Market With Ridiculously Long Turnaround so that I can feel like I'm "doing something" with my writing for the next several months while I don't do anything with my writing. :) We've all been there, or will be. Don't stress about it.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Sure enough, her kid had a blowout so badly it came out the back of the neck of her onesie.

See, that is exactly the kind of thing which totally stops me in my tracks - I couldn't do that even if I wanted to... Sometimes I have the feeling that children are a completely different species.

Although the weird train of thought stuff (and the singing) is highly amusing. There are massive upsides.

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Never feel guilty for giving an animal a good home. :)

The writing part, yeah... But we all have times when RL kicks our ass and the writing goes to the wall. I think I've written (and this is off the top of my head) about 5k in the last two weeks. Not brilliant prose either.

Might I mention that while I was pregnant I wrote maybe 10k, in nine months. Not good. So yeah RL doesn't always help the writing.

And zan that story is so epic. How did you keep from laughing. I don't have that kind of restraint.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Oh mah gods. I was in the AtCT! *dies of joy*

Thanks Ali!

Poor parrot.

Well, in that case, and since 18 is a huge deal, what kind of gift would you give him if he were getting married? Hypothetically.

See, then I'd give him stuff for the house. Because he would forget. Or spend all his money on other stuff. So in that case, I'd buy him a microwave. But he'll be at home next year, so it's not really helpful...

Never feel guilty for giving an animal a good home. :)

The writing part, yeah... But we all have times when RL kicks our ass and the writing goes to the wall. I think I've written (and this is off the top of my head) about 5k in the last two weeks. Not brilliant prose either.

You're doing better than I am :)

Well, I was mucking around with our pizza recipe and thought it was going to be an absolute fail, but they all loved it.

Debating coffee or sangria.

You can't really destroy pizza. Awfully hard to do.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
And zan that story is so epic. How did you keep from laughing. I don't have that kind of restraint.

While she was mopping her kid down with paper towels in the Filene's restroom, I got to go find an outfit that would fit her kid. It was... not the most tasteful outfit.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I talked with a horsie friend and she agreed I can reevaluate horse ownership and maybe sell Skunk Head in a few months. If the costs to my svaings account outweigh the benefits I'll put him up for sale and make sure he gets a good match for a human.

One less prone to stress attacks :eek:

In other news, if someone increasingly ignored your txts and calls, and then you gave up on them, and then you sent them a txt saying you'd like to do business, and then a week later they respond and you fall over with shock, and then you talk and both parties pretend like it's all okay, you finally learn they had an issue with something and not the maturity to tell you what that issue was, and you are also hearing during this long phone convo that they just wanted a break for awhile (yeah, thanks, I thought you were depressed. Stupid me for worrying about you) and you pretend you weren't mad that your so called friend ignored you for basically six months so you both could do business, and then when the business was done, you suddenly found that person txting, calling, and calling again, each of which you ignored because you had bigger things to worry about, would you take the low road? Would you txt them back, ignore their question, and make them eat their words?

I imagined the tables might be turned once the business was done, but I did not expect multiple attempts at communication given how this fair weather friend treated me. And for those curious, it's not worth rebuilding a relationship with said person. Life is too short for fickle jerks.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
My opinion only, and I have been known to be harsh, is that you have to be honest. Before you talk, work out all of the things which ought to be discussed, and then go through everything with them - hopefully things go well. :)

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
While she was mopping her kid down with paper towels in the Filene's restroom, I got to go find an outfit that would fit her kid. It was... not the most tasteful outfit.

Well done! :D

Raventongue

little orphan anarchist
Registered
Reaction score
Augh. Guys. I'm really lonely. Is anyone free to chat by PM or AIM about nothing in particular?

And Sian, in that case, get him some sort of remembering device? Or something to use to keep track of money?

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Augh. Guys. I'm really lonely. Is anyone free to chat by PM or AIM about nothing in particular?

And Sian, in that case, get him some sort of remembering device? Or something to use to keep track of money?

Come into chat :) There be people there, and I will tacklehug you with appropriate vigour.

I thought about opening him a savings account with money in it that he couldn't touch till he moved out, but I'm not sure if I can actually set that up... (for those wondering, he will be moving out, because we live in the middle of nowhere, and he wants to go to uni)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My opinion only, and I have been known to be harsh, is that you have to be honest. Before you talk, work out all of the things which ought to be discussed, and then go through everything with them - hopefully things go well. :)

That's not harsh, but there are only a few things I want to discuss, and not that badly. There's little to work out when the business is done and the friendship was over long ago because this person wanted to act like they did.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
*wanders back in*

Hi guys! Back from the writing workshop! Lots of fun. Learned tons. Taught successfully about Deep POV. Saw old friends. Met new folks.

Pitched to an agent. Did not suck! Got partial requests. :D

And I now have a to-do list a mile long.

Um... what's up? How is everyone?

Tifferbugz

Doing Pirate things...
Registered
Reaction score
*wanders back in*

Hi guys! Back from the writing workshop! Lots of fun. Learned tons. Taught successfully about Deep POV. Saw old friends. Met new folks.

Pitched to an agent. Did not suck! Got partial requests. :D

And I now have a to-do list a mile long.

Um... what's up? How is everyone?

Welcome back! Deep POV is a great subject (tricky sometimes). And CONGRATS on the partial requests!! :D

I'm sleepy at 8pm. Does not bode well.

Status
Not open for further replies.