Charlie and the Nature Factory [Warning: Stunningly Beautiful Large Photo Images]

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
Those are beautiful photos. The b&w is quite haunting.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Today's encounter. A dragonfly. Unfortunately the wings blurred in the wind.

ScreenShot2014-11-04at104516AM_zpsb8f939e5.png

Lady MacBeth

Registered
Reaction score
Very cool picture. I like the pattern on the dragonfly's tail.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
This image is one of a few that I took today on my walk during our first real snowfall of the season. When I posted it to Facebook I thought nothing of it, until it was mentioned that the photo was spooky. Then my sister said it was too, so I asked why it was spooky. It was pointed out to me that there is an image of a man in the stream, with his face and torso and shoulders. It took me a long time to see it, and in fact I started seeing other things in the picture before I saw what was being seen. Then when I had, I could not unsee it. It was taken across the street from the cemetery, which leads to more of the creepiness factor of this picture.

2014-11-17172552.jpg

Reaction score
I can not see anything superstitious in that photograph you took at a location near the cemetery even though a cursor of my mouse did stop working when I dragged it over the photo.

Are you a computer hacker?

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
I never saw anything when I posted it until it was pointed out to me. Then the more I looked at it, the more faces and figures I could see, but you know, it's a tired mind and imagination going to work. Funny you should say that about your cursor. One of the commenters (on Facebook) mentioned that she wrote a comment on the picture and when she tried posting it, it disappeared. But, Facebook has done that to me before.

And no, I'm not a hacker. I don't know the first thing about hacking, except maybe phlegm when I'm sick.

Lady MacBeth

Registered
Reaction score
I looked at the photo before I read your comments. My first thought was "haunting." I do agree that once you see the figure you can't unsee it. Still, it looks like a lovely spot for a walk.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I think I finally saw it, but there are a lot of faces you can see in the sleet - most of them are scowling.

Reaction score
I never saw anything when I posted it until it was pointed out to me. Then the more I looked at it, the more faces and figures I could see, but you know, it's a tired mind and imagination going to work. Funny you should say that about your cursor. One of the commenters (on Facebook) mentioned that she wrote a comment on the picture and when she tried posting it, it disappeared. But, Facebook has done that to me before.

And no, I'm not a hacker. I don't know the first thing about hacking, except maybe phlegm when I'm sick.

That ghostly image is getting to me.

Last night just about midnight I saw with a corner of my eye the silhouette from your photo staring at me from the outside of the window.

Then it disappeared. Everyone who looked at your photo is cursed now.

Reaction score

Oh no biggie Tepelus. I love them spooks.

But still luckily for me I have friends in all the right places. A very good friend of mine is a certified witch.
She can remove curses, hexes and such and such magic. I have invited her and she's coming over tonight with black candles.

Tepelus

And so...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keskedgell.blogspot.com
Oh no biggie Tepelus. I love them spooks.

But still luckily for me I have friends in all the right places. A very good friend of mine is a certified witch.
She can remove curses, hexes and such and such magic. I have invited her and she's coming over tonight with black candles.

Very cool. :)

RikWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Wow. Didn't know there was a photography thread around. Photography is my other passion after writing.
I am mostly a wildlife photographer now, though I still do some other stuff.

Here are some of my favorites:

46648878.jpg

99825248.jpg

62353995.jpg

143693764.jpg

155693365.jpg

Lady MacBeth

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome photos, Rik. Tough to choose, but I think the wolves are my favourite.

Locke

Lost the instruction manual
Registered
Reaction score
That first shot looks incredibly familiar, but I haven't been out west, so it must just be a popular subject. Care to share equipment and settings?