A quick introduction

Ice_Twin

Registered
Reaction score
I just thought I would pop in and say hello, i'm new here and hope over time the forum will become like a second home :D

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

Ice_Twin

Registered
Reaction score
No problem! I'm also new, still exploring the place! I didn't realise it was this big of a community. :D

Oh I agree, it's huge. :D I hope I don't get too distracted on here, I must remember to write as well as chat. :)

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. You are extremely polite:)

rwm4768

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Second home? I think it's my first home.

Ice_Twin

Registered
Reaction score
Aww thank you Shaba, I do try :)

And Rwm4768, that's what i'm afraid of... perhaps I should just embrace the inevitable. :D

oxygentent

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds good! I really need to explore fantasy more, and I'm intrigued to! I definitely need to seek out some recommendations.

I write a lot of horror, thriller, mystery and suspense stories. Or I try my best, anyway. ;)

Ice_Twin

Registered
Reaction score
Sounds good! I really need to explore fantasy more, and I'm intrigued to! I definitely need to seek out some recommendations.

I write a lot of horror, thriller, mystery and suspense stories. Or I try my best, anyway. ;)

Oww sounds like fun, I would love to read some of it. :)

Also how are you finding the forums so far? I must say, it's nice to chat to another new member who is also trying to find their way around. :D

oxygentent

Registered
Reaction score
Oww sounds like fun, I would love to read some of it. :)

Also how are you finding the forums so far? I must say, it's nice to chat to another new member who is also trying to find their way around. :D

I'm working on a new short at the moment, so hopefully when I get a good chunk of it done I'll be posting an extract for some feedback. I'd love to read some of your work eventually, too!

I haven't posted much, but I've had a good look round, nothing too intimidating so far. :)

The feeling's mutual! Hopefully we'll become regulars in the future, ha.

Ice_Twin

Registered
Reaction score
Oww I look forward to seeing you post it. :D Although i'm not sure you'd want to read mine, it's pretty rubbish. ;)

It would be nice to be considered regulars, fingers crossed the forum is still here long enough for that to happen. :)

oxygentent

Registered
Reaction score
Oww I look forward to seeing you post it. :D Although i'm not sure you'd want to read mine, it's pretty rubbish. ;)

It would be nice to be considered regulars, fingers crossed the forum is still here long enough for that to happen. :)

Of course I'd love to read something. If you're thinking it's rubbish, then all the better to let me read it and offer some advice? ;)

Fingers crossed, eh!

Ice_Twin

Registered
Reaction score
Of course I'd love to read something. If you're thinking it's rubbish, then all the better to let me read it and offer some advice? ;)

Fingers crossed, eh!

You speak sense. :D I'll have to seek you out when it's completed, and ask if you'll critique it for me. :)