Please submit all AW Mod applications here

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I got this idea from Ferret, but he gets no further credit :p

We here at AW have over 200 mods (on paper anyways). To join the lofty ranks and be allowed to teleport threads on a whim, ban trolls, and be otherwise omnipotent, please post a brief essay on why you'd make a good mod.

Please include skills, the best thread you've started, and any relevant information.

Don't forget to explain away those little strikes against you, like the fact that you don't yet have 100 posts, or your super thread killing abilities, or the missed opportunities to glorify the mods.

I'd go first, but I just need a laugh. Ya'll can warm up the stage for me.

Cheers,
Christina

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
I should be a mod because not one of my posts have had any redeeming quality. I have insulted, cajoled, belittled, flirted with, and offended every poster here on AW. In addition I have actively tried to derail every thread I could get my hands on. I've even insulted, argued with and downright been nasty to almost every Mod that has had the unfortunate luck to come my way. If there was ever anyone who had the qualifications to be a Mod, that would be me. It would certainly be better than letting me run around free.

Richard

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
I got this idea from Ferret, but he gets no further credit :p
Sure. Make public my modship rejection embarrassment.

Well, I refuse to publicly humiliate myself in that regard any longer.

Although I do believe my current crusade to eliminate all LOLCatz from the boards should be taken into consideration.

No, no! I refuse to grovel any longer.

Although I am a supermod at a Packers forum and ran my own forum on ezboard, which is where I originally joined AW.

But, no! Dammit. I am not your whipping boy any longer.

And I did promise Mac a manicure.

Grr!

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Damn, I forgot about the manicure.

Richard

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
Ferret, If you didn't WANT to be a mod, they would have been begging you to become one about five thousand posts ago. :tongue

For my part: Been there. Done that. I'd rather be a pain in the neck. :D

Matera the Mad

Bartender, gimme a Linux Mint
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.firefromthesky.org
It is my ultimate and highest goal to serve my country as an AW mod.

As a mod, I will be alert and active (except when napping or writing or earning a living). I will assiduously scan my allotted forum for off-topic threads started by lost newbies, and scare their little asses off by moving their threads in mid-post.

I promise to be super-cool and diplomatic whenever I am not in a rotten mood (that's about 5 minutes per day).

Any and all misspelled thread subjects will be corrected IMfsckingMEDIATELY. Repeat offenders will have their avatars changed to naked mole rats.

All this and more. Mod me! YESH!

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I'm not here about saving the world or befriending children or helping endanger the once-mighty CAMELEOPARD!, but I can guarantee this one thing: I make fantastic meatloaf and gravy.

Jo

Travelling the re-write road
Registered
Reaction score
Aussies don't make good mods (Poet is a ring-in). We're too laid back and enjoy a bit too much fun. So, count me out. :tongue

Last edited:

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
Aussie's don't make good mods (Poet is a ring-in). We're too laid back and enjoy a bit too much fun. So, count me out. :tongue

That and you've got the creepy little bug-thingy crawling around wherever you go... :D

I'd be a mod, but I use too many ... and too many !!! for many around here. I'll let y'all drive my roommate crazy instead.

:wag:

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I just want the jackboots without the awesome power that comes with them.

I would rock the jackboots. ;)

Rolling Thunder

Registered
Reaction score
The fast track to becoming a Mod is to report all of Dawno's posts.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sure. Make public my modship rejection embarrassment.

That was all you :tongue

Ya know, if I were made Mod, I'd do the board a valuable service by merging threads until no one knew what was going on where.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The fast track to becoming a Mod is to report all of Dawno's posts.

Dawno deleted one of my smart arse well thought out posts.

Now that that's outta the way, I can send in my Mod resume. :Sun:

Inky

Eat, Sleep, Write...
Registered
Reaction score
I would be the mod of crude, rude, and socially unacceptable.
I would NOT be laughing too hard to hit the red button.
Would not.
Would too.
Would not.
Would too.

Ignore secondary voice. She's a bitch.

Skank.
Tramp.
Word whore.
Blonde.
*gasp* .....s'cuse me while I go perform an exorcism...

Neurotic

Militant apathist
Registered
Reaction score
Seconding what Jo said, except about me this time. I'm not Australian by birth but I've been here long enough now that I've more or less assimilated. I'd make a terrible mod. If I did bother with moddish duties it'd only be for my own sick amusement. Count me well out.

Not that my super-high post count puts me in the running anyway. :)

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Why I would make a good mod -

I should be a mod because I can tell people to go to hell in a way that makes them look forward to the trip. :D

And when I tell them to go to hell, I do it in a way that has never earned me so much as a warning from any mod.

I have a steady supply of lighters, which I give out freely for any and all AWers who wish to set their hair on fire.

I have a gun in my avatar :D

Why I would NOT make a good mod -

The power might go to my head, resulting in my banning anyone and everyone - which would make AW a REAL boring place

I would sometimes let trolls go on and on - "give 'em enough rope and eventually they'll hang themselves" is my motto

I have a gun in my avatar

Jo

Travelling the re-write road
Registered
Reaction score
That and you've got the creepy little bug-thingy crawling around wherever you go... :D

Bugger, on the other hand, would make a good mod. He's annoying and runs in circles, um, eights, all the time. He knows how to infiltrate the masses, and he eats apostrophleas for breakfast. Can you imagine the pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter pitter patter of teeny weeny jackboots chasing after Haggis?

Beach Bunny

The Provocative One
Registered
Reaction score
Why I would make a good mod -

I should be a mod because I can tell people to go to hell in a way that makes them look forward to the trip. :D

And when I tell them to go to hell, I do it in a way that has never earned me so much as a warning from any mod.
Oh, you would make a good mod. :Thumbs: When I tell someone to go to hell, I get blood all over the thread and then someone has to come in and collect the body and clean up the mess. :D

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
I should be a mod because:

I'm neurotic, dyspepsic, prone to self-pity, don't much care for adverbs, have a slow-burning loathing for kittehs, need other people's love to validate my existence and can swear in six languages.

I'm also a grizzled veteran of the '96-'98 Norwich/Ipswich flame wars. Psychiatrists are still taking bookings about that one.